Hunters Provide Meat to Food Pantries

Hunters Provide Meat to Food Pantries

There are 9 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Nov 29, 2010, titled Hunters Provide Meat to Food Pantries. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Hunters for the Hungry provides deer meat to area food banks. Well into hunting season, a nonprofit group is giving those who hunt a way to give back.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Fluco

Scottsville, VA

#1 Nov 29, 2010
Well they are worth absolutely nothing on the hoof. They do a lot more damage than good. Glad they are feeding the hungry.
wolfdreamer

Stuarts Draft, VA

#2 Nov 29, 2010
This is a good way to help the people who need help and keep the deer population down. This helps prevent an over abundance which could lead to diseases of the deer. I'm glad the hunters give the meat away instead of only taking the antlers. Thank You!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#3 Nov 29, 2010
Thanks to all the hunters who donate the deer they kill to the area's food banks.
They are helping to thin out the population and, providing meat to many families... some who could be unemployed.
jim2051

AOL

#4 Nov 29, 2010
Fluco wrote:
Well they are worth absolutely nothing on the hoof. They do a lot more damage than good. Glad they are feeding the hungry.
This was their land before we ever set foot on it.If we did not put roads and houses on every acre we can get they would not eat your flowers and shrubs and wreck your cars.Glad you are not in Alaska,up there they hit Moose on the roads.

“Keeping life realistic”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#5 Nov 29, 2010
jim2051 wrote:
<quoted text>This was their land before we ever set foot on it.If we did not put roads and houses on every acre we can get they would not eat your flowers and shrubs and wreck your cars.Glad you are not in Alaska,up there they hit Moose on the roads.
And their large numbers at this point are presenting a hazard to health/drivers as well as diseases brought on by inbreeding that can cause health issues as well as rendering the meat useless for human consumption.

That being said..we dropped off 3 deer this afternoon, somebody will be eating well in the next few weeks.
Soil Guy

Greenville, VA

#6 Nov 29, 2010
Laughing at the fools wrote:
<quoted text>
And their large numbers at this point are presenting a hazard to health/drivers as well as diseases brought on by inbreeding that can cause health issues as well as rendering the meat useless for human consumption.
That being said..we dropped off 3 deer this afternoon, somebody will be eating well in the next few weeks.
Well stated.
jim2051

AOL

#7 Nov 29, 2010
<quoted text>
I think you read what I was saying as I do not like hunting. I use to love before I got to old. He said they were nothing but meat. I love to see them in natural places. Not in my backyard where I can't harvest them.
jim2051

AOL

#8 Nov 29, 2010
<quoted text>
Thank you sir. I am sure they were all legal. Thanks again.
gary

Elmont, NY

#9 Dec 1, 2010
AmpleHarvest.org is a nationwide registry of food pantries that enables millions of gardeners nationwide to donate excess garden produce to the needy in their community. Nearly 3,000 food pantries nationwide are already on it and more are signing up daily.

AmpleHarvest.org , a 501c3 charity, is free both for the food pantries and the gardeners using it.

If your community has a food pantry, urge them to register at www.AmpleHarvest.org .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Venison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roadside tamale stand reopens after arrests (Mar '14) Mar '14 guest 5
News Morning Reads 1/23/13 (Jan '13) Jan '13 todd 1
News Outdoors: A mostly authentic Thanksgiving feast... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Full Monty 1
News Oh deer! Wild complaint made against pizza shop (Dec '08) Jan '12 Slabber 145
News Hunters helping the hungry (Nov '11) Nov '11 Anonymous 1
News Neb. program helps hunters donate extra venison (Sep '11) Sep '11 Really 1
News Ohio deer hunters donate venison for 500,000 me... (Apr '11) Apr '11 rowdy1 26
More from around the web