Go Vegan in Long Beach to Help the Environment

Mar 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

You probably know about the adverse health effects of eating too much red meat - like the increased risk of heart disease - but did you know you could reduce your carbon footprint by eating less of the stuff? According to the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization, as reported by Scientific American, the production of the meat in our ... (more)

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
YKW

La Quinta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

My goal is to leave a carbon footprint as big as the one Al Gore is leaving. Today I will eat steak.
Ali G

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

YKW wrote:
My goal is to leave a carbon footprint as big as the one Al Gore is leaving. Today I will eat steak.
In that case, you need to eat it in your humvee, with the motor running, and your foot pressed to the floor board.
mike

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Only dumb liberals are vegan.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Is Redondo Beach vying with Long Beach for the best way to harass the minority of its citizens who pay taxes? In radical controlled Long Beach, loony taxpayer subsidized NGOs have those whose groceries are not provided by the taxpaying minority paying Lowenthal grocery bag harassment taxes. Has Redondo Beach fired the opening shots of a new Government campaign to impose punitive taxes on hamburgers and soda pop?(for purposes of "better health of the children", of course)

I seem to recall that, not long ago, they did the same thing to the decent worker ("middle") class women and men who smoke tobacco. Even so, non-tobacco smokers still begin dying around age 40, just as they always have.

Ronald
Long Beach Native

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Give up bacon?
But, But, It's bacon. How can I do that?
lol

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
Is Redondo Beach vying with Long Beach for the best way to harass the minority of its citizens who pay taxes? In radical controlled Long Beach, loony taxpayer subsidized NGOs have those whose groceries are not provided by the taxpaying minority paying Lowenthal grocery bag harassment taxes. Has Redondo Beach fired the opening shots of a new Government campaign to impose punitive taxes on hamburgers and soda pop?
Ronald
"Soda pop"? Is that what you call it?

You are an extremely old irrelevant man.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

lol wrote:
<quoted text>
"Soda pop"? Is that what you call it?
You are an extremely old irrelevant man.
lol.

Exactly. It's a "democracy", ain't it? There are far more of us who mistake form for substance. Is it any wonder why we are in the mess we are?

Ronald
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Food fads have always been part of the American scene. Usually, they have done little damage, because most have been short lived. Now, expensive taxpayer funded "latest studies and findings" are being formulated at expensive taxpayer funded Government controlled universities. Most of these latest studies and findings have as their objective "the justification" for imposing even greater Big Government control and higher levels of taxation. No one knows how much damage will be done now that Big Government has gotten in on the action.

Long Beach is home to one of the most radical of the expensive taxpayer funded California universities, probably second only to that of Berkeley.(Of filthy speech and "free sex" fame) Many local revolutionary politicians have either received their political indoctrination at these institutions, or otherwise, have ties that are usually linked in some manner to monetary reward.

The increasingly impoverished minority of Long Beachers who pay taxes can hold their heads high, knowing that when Government imposes the next food or "health" fad tax, revolutionary Council will be at the head of the pack.

Ronald
Jenks

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.
Exactly. It's a "democracy", ain't it? There are far more of us who mistake form for substance. Is it any wonder why we are in the mess we are?
Ronald
And what have you done yourself to try to make things better? I don't see you moving to a Suicide-Assist state.
You're a hypocrite, and you smell like old man.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Jenks wrote:
<quoted text>
And what have you done yourself to try to make things better? I don't see you moving to a Suicide-Assist state.
You're a hypocrite, and you smell like old man.
Jenks.

So, I take it, you are one of the "smellers" crowd? Are you into chickens too? Kinky, man.

Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

EAT MEAT!!
LBer

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.
Ronald
Speak for yourself, you burned out old shidt.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

LBer wrote:
<quoted text>
Speak for yourself, you burned out old shidt.
LBer.

Yes. I must admit that you have me at a disadvantage. Because I am one of the many millions of decent ordinary women and men who occasionally partake in the simple worker ("middle") class pleasure of enjoying an occasional tobacco product, my olfactory sense is not as acute as yours. I can't tell the old men who smell from those who do not.

You say your fetish is smelling the butts of old men. Most within my circle of fellow decrepit old men are unable to use the computer. Their failing eyesight has resulted in their inability to see the tiny characters on the keyboard, and because of their failed minds, they forgot how to touch type.

That is when I told these old gents about you fetish of smelling the butts of old men, to a man they asked me to inquire of you if, when you ride taxpayer subsidized Government buses, if you also smell the seats where cute guys have sat?

Ronald
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

A recent article that was written by Katie Little for Government licensed CNBC entitled "Forget Fat -- The Hot, New Thing to Avoid Is Gluten". The article pretty well describes taxpayer funded marketing tactics that are employed by the Big Government controlled Big restaurant and BIG FOOD industries.

According to Little:

"Nearly 30 percent of Americans reported in January wanting to cut down or eliminate gluten in their diet, according to new data from the NPD Group. And where consumers see a chance to be healthier, restaurants and food manufacturers see a business opportunity.

"As a result of the growing gluten backlash, restaurants have released a bevy of new gluten-free items and menus, while grocers have lined their shelves with new options from food manufacturers that eliminate the ingredient. Some even advertise products as "gluten free" that naturally lack the ingredient.

"A generation ago, health was about avoiding fat, cholesterol, sugar and sodium in our diet," said Harry Balzer, NPD's chief industry analyst. "While those desires still exist for many, they no longer are growing concerns.

"According to a National Restaurant Association survey, professional chefs named gluten the eighth most popular trend of 2013. Quick-service restaurant operators paid even more attention to it and called it the top menu trend this year.

"Consumer interest in health and nutrition is a long-term trend on restaurant menus that takes a variety of forms, be it the latest fad diet or lifestyle dietary changes...

(Mary Chapman, Technomic's director of product innovation) "said gluten awareness is just another diet trend, like the low-carb craze, which was inspired by the Atkins and South Beach diet craze of the early 2000s.

"We saw restaurants offering sandwiches made with lettuce rather than bread and burritos served in bowls instead of tortillas...every product has a lifecycle regardless of whether it's part of a diet trend.

"I hate to call it a fad, because there are people who are benefiting from the increased awareness and attention,*(of gluten) Those people will always need to think about whether something has gluten in it. But the market will certainly shrink as attention moves to the next thing."

If the politicians can figure out some way to impose taxes on gluten, it is likely overtaxed Americans will see high paid taxpayer subsidized NGO operatives demanding Big Government take "ACTION!" against killer gluten.

Just remember. The associated Big California restaurant people worked out a deal to throw their customers who smoke tobacco out onto the street in exchange from being exempt from a requirement to improve the health of children by installing air scrubbers in their restaurants. The result is that now, California restaurants have some of the most polluted air in the nation.

The article was linked to by Yahoo Finance.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/a932xey

Ronald

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••