Why rationality is necessary in animal rights advocacy

Jun 1, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

There is a growing divide in abolitionist animal rights whereby many activists are increasingly recognizing the importance of rationality in the promotion nonhuman liberation and veganism.

Comments
1 - 20 of 38 Comments Last updated Jun 22, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I'm a humane bowhunter”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

Rationality?

Like we see here from HAC. It's difficult to imagine why progress in the AR movement is "slow".

I wish everyone would come to Topix' AR forum to see the "rationality" from the likes of our resident ar's.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Judged:

Well, so much for rationality from the AR faction. Is there a rational AR advocate who would like to dispel the lunatic image created by the "ARAs" posting on this thread so far. It would be refreshing.
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Judged:

Squach wrote:
Well, so much for rationality from the AR faction. Is there a rational AR advocate who would like to dispel the lunatic image created by the "ARAs" posting on this thread so far. It would be refreshing.
Get lost, squat. You troll the ANIMAL RIGHTS forums day in and day out for one reason and one reason only: to promote and defend your despicable blood lust for maiming, mutilating and murdering animals. You incessantly call animal rights activists "terrorists" and criminals and then you whine because we have no respect for despicable slobs like you. Get lost, you aren't welcome here and you don't give a dam' about animals. You only care about defending your lust for murdering animals. Go whine to your psychopath animal hating ilk on the hunting forum---you know, the forum that is DEAD.

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Judged:

Still looking for a rational AR advocate.....

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Since: Jan 09

Double Lung em

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Judged:

Medicinebow wrote:
Rationality?
Like we see here from HAC. It's difficult to imagine why progress in the AR movement is "slow".
I wish everyone would come to Topix' AR forum to see the "rationality" from the likes of our resident ar's.
HAC ? But what can one expect from a grunting baboon ?
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Judged:

Squach wrote:
Still looking for a rational AR advocate.....
Still seeing a decrepit no life TROLL obsessing over the ANIMAL RIGHTS forums because he fears ARAs. Get lost, squat. NO ONE wants you here and no one respects you. You're a despicable animal murdering slob who screams that ARAs are "terrorists". You troll the ANIMAL RIGHTS forums day in and day out and no one here is interested in conversing with animal murdering scumbags like you. Get lost, you don't deserve respect and you will NEVER get it from me or any ARA.
rodolfo

Porto, Portugal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

one rational argument: food.

if the entire population of the the world would switch to a vegetarian diet, there would be plenty of food for all of us. most grassland is being used to grow grain to feed cattle; that and a lot of water. if we used those resources to produce our food, we could end world famine.

the thing is that the people that asks us ar's to be rational on these topics aren't themselves rational in their choices: they like to kill, maim or torture animals because they find it pleasurable, entertaining or useful and these are far from rational reasons.
paul shykora arts

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

..most interesting ,here...still pondering....(+)...yada u u..

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

sweet potatoes, sweet leaf. sports hunting is a cruel and sadistic bloodsport. it is not rational for hunters to spam and troll AR and vegan forums. in fact it is unreasonable, the twisted, ad hoc reductionist logic on display here is painful to observe.

http://www.peta.org/issues/Wildlife/why-sport...

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

mojo karma cookie wrote:
sweet potatoes, sweet leaf. sports hunting is a cruel and sadistic bloodsport. it is not rational for hunters to spam and troll AR and vegan forums. in fact it is unreasonable, the twisted, ad hoc reductionist logic on display here is painful to observe.
Not nearly as painful as the PeTA KILL rate of "rescued" animals. PeTA kills more animals in one year than the average hunter will kill in a lifetime. Where's the "logic" in that? Where is the rationality in bashing a hunter when you kill more animals anually? I don't hunt for sport, I don't hunt for fun, I hunt for fresh natural chemical free meat. At least the animals I kill are not wasted. The animals PeTA kills end up in a dumpster behind the local quickie-mart. Go peddle your lies and propaganda elswhere. See? This is why hunters are here on these threads.......to expose the lies PeTA and the AR movement tell about them.

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Double Lung em

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

mojo karma cookie wrote:
Perhaps you didn't notice but these are NOT the "PRO" animal rights forums. Anyone can post here. The really sad part is you conclude your post with disinformation from a clearly biased and deluded website. I hope you weren't trying to gain any converts with that pitiful crapola.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

Squach wrote:
Not nearly as painful as the PeTA KILL rate of "rescued" animals.
PeTA kills more animals in one year than the average hunter will kill in a lifetime.
The animals PeTA kills end up in a dumpster behind the local quickie-mart. Go peddle your lies and propaganda elswhere.
you must mean the PETA euthanization of unwanted pets or the PETA euthanasia debate. yes it is a real issue.

Euthanasia: The Compassionate Option
http://www.peta.org/issues/companion-animals/...

geeze. you are raising a red flag, when in fact you are distorting the main issues here. the real issues are that sport hunting is a cruel, barbaric and sadistic bloodsport. and that you are trolling and spamming AR and vegan forums with idiotic insults and redundant disiniformation. and source the animals in a dumpster thing, that was a unkind and hypocritical insult, please.

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Double Lung em

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

mojo karma cookie wrote:
<quoted text>the real issues are that sport hunting is a cruel, barbaric and sadistic bloodsport.
In your jaded opinion ? Who cares ?
mojo karma cookie wrote:
<quoted text>and that you are trolling and spamming AR and vegan forums with idiotic insults and redundant disiniformation.
More narrow-minded opinion and the disinformation is on the PETA website.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

hiss of death wrote:
<quoted text>In your jaded opinion ? Who cares ?
sweet potatoes, sweet lear. i think that anyone capable of independent thought, with the merest amount of self-respect, and with an ounce of compassion would care. the animals should not be forced to suffer a horribly barbaric, cruel, sadistic and unnatural fate at the hands of man.
Hadrian

Thornton Heath, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

rodolfo wrote:
if the entire population of the the world would switch to a vegetarian diet, there would be plenty of food for all of us. most grassland is being used to grow grain to feed cattle; that and a lot of water. if we used those resources to produce our food, we could end world famine.
the thing is that the people that asks us ar's to be rational on these topics aren't themselves rational in their choices: they like to kill, maim or torture animals because they find it pleasurable, entertaining or useful and these are far from rational reasons.
HA HA Dream on loser its never going to happen.

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Double Lung em

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

mojo karma cookie wrote:
<quoted text>sweet potatoes, sweet lear. i think that anyone capable of independent thought, with the merest amount of self-respect, and with an ounce of compassion would care. the animals should not be forced to suffer a horribly barbaric, cruel, sadistic and unnatural fate at the hands of man.
Um... I meant who cares about YOUR jaded opinion.

And that's all you have brought to the table here.

Your subjective reality does not translate into fact.

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

mojo karma cookie wrote:
<quoted text>you must mean the PETA euthanization of unwanted pets or the PETA euthanasia debate. yes it is a real issue.
Euthanasia: The Compassionate Option
http://www.peta.org/issues/companion-animals/...
geeze. you are raising a red flag, when in fact you are distorting the main issues here. the real issues are that sport hunting is a cruel, barbaric and sadistic bloodsport. and that you are trolling and spamming AR and vegan forums with idiotic insults and redundant disiniformation. and source the animals in a dumpster thing, that was a unkind and hypocritical insult, please.
What part of "I DON'T HUNT FOR SPORT" didn't you understand, hypocrite? Your killing is compassionate and killing for food is cruel, barbaric, and sadistic? Give me a break. If PeTA spent even half of the money they spend on their ridiculous and offensive publicity antics on finding homes for those animals they could reduce their KILL rate by 80% or better. The hypocrisy of people like you knows no bounds.

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

rodolfo wrote:
But I am omnivorous. I don't eat just vegetables. I eat a well balanced healthy diet of fruit, grains, vegetables, poultry, meat, and a bit of dairy. Meat makes up about 20% of my diet and I prefer to eat fresh natural chemical free meat processed by my own hands as much as possible. Your claim the people hunt because they find it pleasurable or entertaining is as irrational as it gets. I get the same kind of "pleasure or entertainment" from hunting as I do from gardening my own naturally grown vegetables. Most of it happens at the dinner table. Of course there are some morons out there who call themselves hunters but they're just morons. It's very easy to tell the difference if you're not a bigoted stereotyping PeTAphile. Go peddle your lies and propaganda elsewhere.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

Medicinebow wrote:
Rationality?
rationality, it's a word look it up.

KEEP OUT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

mojo karma cookie wrote:
in fact it is unreasonable, the twisted, ad hoc reductionist logic on display here is painful to observe.
So, you have read HACs posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••