Higher temperatures will harm many cr...

Higher temperatures will harm many crops, report says

There are 26 comments on the Kansas City Star story from Nov 1, 2009, titled Higher temperatures will harm many crops, report says. In it, Kansas City Star reports that:

Global warming would be bad news for all those amber waves of grain, and for the corn and soybeans that are plentiful throughout the Midwest."The grain-filling period" - the time when the seed grows and matures - "of wheat and other small grains shortens dramatically with rising temperatures.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas City Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
YouHelpFixIt

Scottsdale, AZ

#21 Nov 6, 2009
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, now you are shifting from what is vital to life to what can kill you if you put too much of it in the wrong place?
Sure. You can kill yourself by putting 100 cubic meters of ANYTHING in your body.
This sort of crap is silly. And so are you. If CO2 is vital to life, you should have no problem with breathing it in any concentration.
Now people DO live in a pure O2 atmosphere ( see the space program). Lots of space missions with pure 02. So you CAN live on pure O2 and could demonstrate that.
Time to put your money where you mouth is. No problem if you want to lower or increase the pressure for your 'test'. Time to put up or shut up.
I agree that that logic is invalid. I used your own words to show that logic is invalid. Why did you use it and still use it.

Water is vital to life, you should have no problem with it in any concentration.- Thats crazy

Perhaps your knowledge of space operations seems to be limited to Skylab and before.

Mir space stations did not use pure 02
They do not use it in the Space Shuttles
They do not use it in the International Space Station
They do not use it in the Soyuz capsules
They do not plan to use it on the Orion capsules

You should have checked that before posting

And I will glady start my test after you complete yours, or perhaps you would like to assert that water is not vital to life also before you try to live in a 100% water environment. That certainly would be another one for the hall of fame.
dont drink the koolaid

Eden Prairie, MN

#22 Nov 6, 2009
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
Prove that low CO2 levels will kill you and I'll take your point.
Carbon dioxide plays a large role in oxygen transport from the blood to the cells of the brain and body. A reduction in carbon dioxide levels brings with it reduced oxygenation of tissue and vital organs (Verigo-Bohr Effect). This can lead to many health problems.

Carbon dioxide, through its conversion to carbonic acid, is a primary regulator of the acid/alkaline balance of the body. A reduction in carbon dioxide shifts the body's pH toward alkalinity, which alters the rate of activity of other biochemical processes. An alkaline system weakens the immune system, thus making the body more susceptible to viruses and allergies.
Earthling

Spain

#23 Nov 6, 2009
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
but as yet you have not even tried to show any evidence that it is 'vital to life'(as CO2) in ANY way
If you didn't bother to read the thread I started especially for you, with three links proving that Co2 is vital for life, that's not my problem.
For someone who claims scientific knowledge, you're about as dim as a NAAFI candle.
dont drink the koolaid

Eden Prairie, MN

#24 Nov 6, 2009
Too little carbon dioxide can result in many problems, including angina, high blood pressure, chest pain, myocardial infarcts, strokes, and so on.

http://www.breathing.com/articles/carbon-diox...
litesong

Everett, WA

#25 Aug 24, 2012
Blast from the Past:
Here's a good thread from the past as if communicating about U.S. current crop losses, along with dirtling at his best worst:

Earthling wrote:
For every crop that could be affected badly by a warmer climate.....
//////////
litesong wrote:
Here is the warm weather polluted crop of the pukey proud pig words of dirtling, earthling has no brain, eart hling (an alien has no affinity to Earth),'injun killer'(has no love for humans) that prove his pukey proud pig racist denier self & lays rotting on the internet ground:

He no like transplanted euro injun killers. Lightsout have problem, jealous of mememine69, lightsout not get enough sex, maybe needs Bi-Lateral Orchiectomy, that solve problem, but may give him high pitched voice, can join tribal choir as soprano. Lightsout envious of Brian_G, lightsout not invited to belong to anyone's gang, lightsout sad person. Lightsout think Exxon bad medicine, he no understand way of world or how some of his tribe managed to learn to use internet. Lightsout very sad person. Lightsout have problem with humour, he no understand it. Lightsout think all world against him. Lightsout believe euro bad people, he no understand accident of birth theory. Lightsout put wrong baccy in peace pipe, drink bad firewater, make head fuzzy. Lightsong need visit medicine man, drive out evil spirits. Lightsong, him not religious man, he no understand forgiveness, only fear and hate.
litesong

Everett, WA

#26 Aug 24, 2012
Another Blast from the Past:

Earthling wrote:
I have nothing to prove......
//////////
litesong wrote:
But I have much to prove about the pukey proud words of dirtling, earthling has no brain, eart hling (an alien has no affinity to Earth),'injun killer'(has no love for humans). Here are dirtling's words that prove his pukey proud racist pig denier self:

He no like transplanted euro injun killers. Lightsout have problem, jealous of mememine69, lightsout not get enough sex, maybe needs Bi-Lateral Orchiectomy, that solve problem, but may give him high pitched voice, can join tribal choir as soprano. Lightsout envious of Brian_G, lightsout not invited to belong to anyone's gang, lightsout sad person. Lightsout think Exxon bad medicine, he no understand way of world or how some of his tribe managed to learn to use internet. Lightsout very sad person. Lightsout have problem with humour, he no understand it. Lightsout think all world against him. Lightsout believe euro bad people, he no understand accident of birth theory. Lightsout put wrong baccy in peace pipe, drink bad firewater, make head fuzzy. Lightsong need visit medicine man, drive out evil spirits. Lightsong, him not religious man, he no understand forgiveness, only fear and hate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vegetables Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5 trends in specialty pizzas 20 min Elizabeth 1
News Goodman's Bar-B-Que in Perry Florida (Apr '11) 6 hr sick of complaints 6
News Vienna Farmers Market Opening Soon 20 hr abe_farag 1
News Why the People Picking California's Tomatoes Ca... Apr 30 Three Days 1
News Frozen Vegetable Recall In PA: Serious, Sometim... Apr 23 DemocratsVoteBERNIE 1
News Robin Anish | The Table is Set: Garbage Plate a... Apr 22 Yankee dave 1
News Lance Bass visits Clinton and shares big plans Apr 21 Sheri Jane 1
More from around the web