Black history should know no limits

Black history should know no limits

There are 24 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Feb 12, 2011, titled Black history should know no limits. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

Here we are in the year 2011, and once again it is the month of February, and we are celebrating Black History Month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cry Me A River

Lancaster, PA

#1 Feb 13, 2011
I want to know how "Black History Month" is not considered racist? What about a "White History Month"? Or for that matter, "United White Fund", all White Colleges....do you see where I am going with this. If we are to be a society without bias, the road MUST go both ways....
the light has come

Danville, IL

#3 Feb 13, 2011
Cry Me A River wrote:
I want to know how "Black History Month" is not considered racist? What about a "White History Month"? Or for that matter, "United White Fund", all White Colleges....do you see where I am going with this. If we are to be a society without bias, the road MUST go both ways....
If you would read the article attached to this thread and do farther research, maybe you can understand. In time past the only black history was limited in the history books. Blacks were denied quality education, so much of these things were started then. Though we are in a different time where blacks can chose other schools, the purpose of the school is not just to educate blacks but educate any persons.
Thomas Paine

Bainbridge, PA

#4 Feb 13, 2011
Cry Me A River wrote:
Careful, careful, you will be called a racist. And the weird part about it, the people that will call you a racist will be white.
Stoirm Warning

De Forest, WI

#5 Feb 13, 2011
the light has come wrote:
<quoted text>If you would read the article attached to this thread and do farther research, maybe you can understand. In time past the only black history was limited in the history books. Blacks were denied quality education, so much of these things were started then. Though we are in a different time where blacks can chose other schools, the purpose of the school is not just to educate blacks but educate any persons.
you are an imbecile, you have a serious disease called ''dances with wolves syndrome'' it comes fro over exposure to Jewish left wing nonsense. get an enema, and turn the tv off, punch the idiot professor who espoused this crap to you and subscribe to the teachings of senator duke.. here is a video abuut you

&fe ature=BF&playnext=1&li st=QL&index=1
the light has come

Danville, IL

#6 Feb 13, 2011
Stoirm Warning wrote:
<quoted text>you are an imbecile, you have a serious disease called ''dances with wolves syndrome'' it comes fro over exposure to Jewish left wing nonsense. get an enema, and turn the tv off, punch the idiot professor who espoused this crap to you and subscribe to the teachings of senator duke.. here is a video abuut you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =SA5H353xJQ4XX&feature=BF &playnext=1&list=QL &index=1
Any dummy can post on this forum without giving a answer to the question. I gave an answer that can be found without me posting anything. You brought nothing to the table but insults. If you can not answer the question, you should not even be on this thread.
Lmjs

Las Vegas, NV

#7 Feb 13, 2011
I don't think we care anymore. If you want a white fund (as if that doesn't already exist) then go for it.

And if you think you can make a unique white history month that doesn't already say what the white history books have been saying for centuries well then so be it. You'd still be on this site b/c that ish would be dry as hell.
Stoirm Warning

De Forest, WI

#8 Feb 13, 2011
your history books have been radically re written,
even current books are being re adjusted on a regular basis, The author Clive Cussler in deep siz has an entire chapter removed at the ending because it wasn't politically correct. a good example would be tom sawyer. They dont care what you think they have your children

&fe ature=related
Routine Riot

Plattsburgh, NY

#9 Feb 13, 2011
Cry Me A River wrote:
Racism is a belief that members of one race is superior to other races. So no it's not racist. Believe it or not achievements of those who are not white anglo-saxon and protestant were written out of history.
Dutch

Lebanon, PA

#10 Feb 14, 2011
Black History month is a joke. I have yet to see a significant achievment by a black person. You didn't overcome slavery, Abraham Lincoln & the union soldiers freed you. Jackie Robinson broke the color line in baseball. How? Because a white owner had the courage to buck the league & sign him. Calling these achievments by blacks is like praising the hammer for building the bookshelf instead of the carpenter. If blacks can accomplish so much, then why to they need affirmative action & preferential treatment? Blacks can accomplish nothing without whites propping them up, and where is the gratefulness? Nowhere to be found. You want to see what blacks can accomplish by themselves, look at Africa. Running around naked like savages trying to spear dinner. Look at black "culture" in the US; glorifying crime, ignorance, immorality...What a proud heritage.
the light has come

Danville, IL

#11 Feb 15, 2011
There is not person that ever got rich, did it without other people contribution. Some people like to play with words. How do we define achievement. By the acts and deeds of a person or group. Because the accomplishments of black people were left out of the American history books, is what brought about BHM. Whether a black person invented a thing or improved on an already existing thing, that is an achievement. If a black person set a record or break a record that is called achievement. BHM is not about Africa or crime or living conditions. The only reason I see that racist people do not like BHM is they do not want blacks to be proud of black people. That is why they focus on black crime and poor conditions of Africa.
Thomas Paine

Lancaster, PA

#12 Feb 15, 2011
Black history month, the man that did more for the blacks than anyone else was white, he was the abolitionist John Brown, he started the Civil war. He knew he couldn't get out of harpers ferry alive, but his health was failing and he knew he had to do something. To my knowledge the black community has never erected a statue to his memory, but they are going to spend millions to erect a memorial in Washington to some itinerate preacher from Atlanta, that really got nothing done except run off at the mouth on tv. Who got your civil rights, the brothers in the Watts district of LA when they burned it down. Then the white wossy politicians in DC said , you know if these people are willing to burn down their own homes we better start paying attention and they did.
EvilTwin

Lebanon, PA

#14 Feb 15, 2011
Cry Me A River wrote:
EXACTLY!
Dutch

Lebanon, PA

#15 Feb 15, 2011
There is not person that ever got rich, did it without other people contribution. Some people like to play with words. How do we define achievement. By the acts and deeds of a person or group. Because the accomplishments of black people were left out of the American history books, is what brought about BHM. Whether a black person invented a thing or improved on an already existing thing, that is an achievement. If a black person set a record or break a record that is called achievement. BHM is not about Africa or crime or living conditions. The only reason I see that racist people do not like BHM is they do not want blacks to be proud of black people. That is why they focus on black crime and poor conditions of Africa.
Just because someone doesn't like BHM, as you call it, does not make them a racist. You don't know my heart, I am not a racist. I am married to a wonderful woman who is hispanic, and I am white. I am for EQUALITY. Not special rights, or special treatment, but equal-ity. Black history should be American History. Just like African-Americans should be just plain-freaking Americans. We should focus on unity & not setting up walls to keep us separate. That is racist, and that is the heart of the problem, and that is YOUR fault, not the whites. Shut up about race, and seek instead to blend in with society rather tha speaking ignorant ebonics (translation=improper speech), give up this stupid hip-hop lifestyle that glorifies ignorance, crime and immorality, get married before having kids, and get jobs, and watch racism disappear.
the light has come

Danville, IL

#16 Feb 15, 2011
Dutch wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because someone doesn't like BHM, as you call it, does not make them a racist. You don't know my heart, I am not a racist. I am married to a wonderful woman who is hispanic, and I am white. I am for EQUALITY. Not special rights, or special treatment, but equal-ity. Black history should be American History. Just like African-Americans should be just plain-freaking Americans. We should focus on unity & not setting up walls to keep us separate. That is racist, and that is the heart of the problem, and that is YOUR fault, not the whites. Shut up about race, and seek instead to blend in with society rather tha speaking ignorant ebonics (translation=improper speech), give up this stupid hip-hop lifestyle that glorifies ignorance, crime and immorality, get married before having kids, and get jobs, and watch racism disappear.
I pointed out why BHM came about. When they were writing American History they should have put all the history in it but they did not. Your post say only achievement of Black people was because of white people. I see that as racist. Because you are married to a Hispanic do not mean you are not racist toward blacks. What is the real reason that whites do not want blacks to have positive role models. All you hear from whites is how bad black are, as if there is no whites that are criminal or thugs or use drugs or uneducated. Backs are not the only ones unemployed. There is not a day, or hour that goes by that there is some white person on this forum calling blacks animals,racist names. When blacks defend themselves, they call it using the race card. Racism will never end as long as one race think they are better than another race.
Cry Me A River

Lancaster, PA

#17 Feb 16, 2011
<quoted text>I pointed out why BHM came about. When they were writing American History they should have put all the history in it but they did not. Your post say only achievement of Black people was because of white people. I see that as racist. Because you are married to a Hispanic do not mean you are not racist toward blacks. What is the real reason that whites do not want blacks to have positive role models. All you hear from whites is how bad black are, as if there is no whites that are criminal or thugs or use drugs or uneducated. Backs are not the only ones unemployed. There is not a day, or hour that goes by that there is some white person on this forum calling blacks animals,racist names. When blacks defend themselves, they call it using the race card. Racism will never end as long as one race think they are better than another race.
Learn how to write........
Anonymous

Springfield, IL

#18 Feb 16, 2011
Cry Me A River wrote:
I agree, black folks are more organized and stick together more than whites, that's how you change things in this country, but if white folks band together it's racist or a hate group. Nowadays whites are the most discriminated against. Look at the tv ads. They make white men look like idiots, if I was a black female I'd be pissed off about all the blacks going after the white women. I'm like u, I'm not racist in the least, but u shouldn't be put down for being any race. Racism will never end.
EvilTwin

Lebanon, PA

#19 Feb 16, 2011
<quoted text>I pointed out why BHM came about. When they were writing American History they should have put all the history in it but they did not. Your post say only achievement of Black people was because of white people. I see that as racist. Because you are married to a Hispanic do not mean you are not racist toward blacks. What is the real reason that whites do not want blacks to have positive role models. All you hear from whites is how bad black are, as if there is no whites that are criminal or thugs or use drugs or uneducated. Backs are not the only ones unemployed. There is not a day, or hour that goes by that there is some white person on this forum calling blacks animals,racist names. When blacks defend themselves, they call it using the race card. Racism will never end as long as one race think they are better than another race.
Hey, I'm all for keeping it real but, I take offense when my daughter's 3rd grade teacher tells her class how white people enslaved blacks and fails to mention that whites got their black slaves FROM OTHER BLACKS. So many black people have such a chip on their shoulder, it's pathetic. Many think they are entitled to special treatment because their ancestors were slaves. It's getting real old. There is definitely reverse discrimination going on in this country. Have you ever listened to a black comic trashing white people? But what happens when a white makes some derogatory comment about blacks? I work with a lot of blacks and many, not all, act like they're so much better than the whites. He!!, they don't even look at you, like you don't even exist. Don't tell me about racists, blacks are far more racist than whites. Many act like they want us to apologize for being white. Oh, and BTW I really don't give a sh!t who calls me a racist or a cracker for that matter, it doesn't hurt my feelings or piss me off at all. Just keeping it real.
EvilTwin

Lebanon, PA

#20 Feb 16, 2011
Another thing, I'm so f-ing sick of the term "African American". You're either American or not. This same nitwit teacher my daughter had took a point off her test for referring to the first black woman in space as "black" instead of "African American". I was so pissed off I called the teacher, not about a point off of a test, it was the principle. You people had better wake up. They are indoctrinating our children to be ashamed of being born white.
HAVINGFUN

Edmond, OK

#21 Feb 16, 2011
Baukus wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, black folks are more organized and stick together more than whites, that's how you change things in this country, but if white folks band together it's racist or a hate group. Nowadays whites are the most discriminated against. Look at the tv ads. They make white men look like idiots, if I was a black female I'd be pissed off about all the blacks going after the white women. I'm like u, I'm not racist in the least, but u shouldn't be put down for being any race. Racism will never end.
Seriously, you have got to be kidding. " black folks are more organized and stick together more than whites..."

I am not going to try describe how organized white people are but I will say that black folks are not close to being organized.

But, hey, if that absurd thought floats your boat - go with it.
the light has come

Danville, IL

#22 Feb 16, 2011
Cry Me A River wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn how to write........
If you do not know how to read what I post, skip over it and not reply to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vegetables Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Exchange club eyes unused playground for commun... (Jul '10) Wed Pamela Womack-Canon 3
News Stanley Council to decide fate of proposed biof... Apr 21 Caped Crusader 1
News In which Lisa eats weird foods Apr 1 Ren 1
News Despite heated rhetoric, little change on US-Me... Mar '18 CodeTalker 4
News Concerns being raised about weight restrictions... Mar '18 Bud the Spud 1
News Landmark restaurant Don & Charlie's could be ra... Feb '18 carsonkid 1
News Home Remedies for Bronchitis (Sep '07) Feb '18 Ramon 15