Baby Chicks Killed At Egg Hatchery

Sep 4, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Causecast

Secret footage of baby chicks being ground up alive at an Iowa egg hatchery was released on August 31st by Mercy for Animals , a Chicago-based animal welfare group dedicated to ending the exploitation and abuse of animals.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of177
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Susan DeMarco

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2009

I have long been aware of some horrible things happening in the meat and factory farm industries (see "Slaughterhose...by Gail Eisnitz"). I am shocked and sadened to see this video. YES! I would definately pay more for ANY food product if I knew it came from humanely treated animals. How can I help?? Who do I write to??
AtOMIC DAWG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2009

Judged:

Go vegan!
Leif

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2009

Susan DeMarco wrote:
I have long been aware of some horrible things happening in the meat and factory farm industries (see "Slaughterhose...by Gail Eisnitz"). I am shocked and sadened to see this video. YES! I would definately pay more for ANY food product if I knew it came from humanely treated animals. How can I help?? Who do I write to??
Kosher food assures you the animal was humanely killed. Also, the Rabbi was there to observe it. It's also better for you because it has to be organic. I always eat kosher whenever I can, and I'm not even Jewish!
Sara Smile

Trenton, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

Judged:

there is no humane slaughter
Leif

Carleton Place, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

Judged:

Sara Smile wrote:
there is no humane slaughter
I guess you never swap at flies and mosquitos? LOL. Grow up!
Witchy Woman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

Meat is not necessary. i carry my bugs outside.
Christy

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2009

Susan DeMarco wrote:
It's great that you want to help, but buying "humanely raised" animals will not stop these types of practices. Animals raised in so-called humane ways still end up in the same slaughterhouses as the "factory-farmed" animals and the "by-products" are still killed by the millions (as these chicks are) when they are of no use to that particular industry. Ever wonder what happens to the male calves born into the dairy industry? All are treated as mere commodities, production units, not as the living creatures that they are.

These practices are unacceptable to me. I don't need an animal to live and die in these conditions so that I can survive.
Christy

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2009

Judged:

AtOMIC DAWG wrote:
Go vegan!
I agree! Best decision I ever made!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2010

Judged:

Christy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! Best decision I ever made!
Me too.
love to eat meats

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2010

ya got to eat the meat some way.
Christian

Hawarden, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

Judged:

Animals are animals, to believe they are more than that is to raise them to the status of humans.
animal rights are weird

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

Judged:

animals are for eating,and they are good
Christian

Hawarden, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Judged:

Current research data shows that vegans are 8 times more likely to be latent or outright homosexuals
Christy

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Judged:

Christian wrote:
Current research data shows that vegans are 8 times more likely to be latent or outright homosexuals
So, your're saying gays that are vegan have more compassion than you do, huh?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Judged:

Christian wrote:
Prove it.
Christy

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Judged:

Christian wrote:
Animals are animals, to believe they are more than that is to raise them to the status of humans.
Animals are sentient, as humans are. They feel pain and suffer, as humans do. Feeling compassion for animals doesn't mean one is placing them above humans, it just means understanding those simple facts.
meats are yummy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Judged:

i like fried chicken
Christy

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Judged:

meats are yummy wrote:
i like fried chicken
I used to like fried chicken myself, years ago. But, that was long before I found out about the suffering that animals have to endure to get to my plate. I will not support an industry that exploits animals for financial gain, while treating them as mere production units.
i love meats

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Judged:

what do you think peta is doing,the big guys in charge play on animal rights to do the dirty work for them,and say no to meats when all along they are eating meats and laughing at animal rights because they donate lots of money to them,and do your relly think it goes for the animals no,they buy fancy homes.car,vactions,so forth,
Christy

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

i love meats wrote:
what do you think peta is doing,the big guys in charge play on animal rights to do the dirty work for them,and say no to meats when all along they are eating meats and laughing at animal rights because they donate lots of money to them,and do your relly think it goes for the animals no,they buy fancy homes.car,vactions,so forth,
You won't get any arguments from me regarding PETA. I don't support that org because I disagree with the silly stunts they pull. I feel it takes the focus off the animals and their suffering.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of177
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••