Deconstructing white privilege in the...

Deconstructing white privilege in the animal rights movement

There are 31 comments on the Examiner.com story from Feb 4, 2012, titled Deconstructing white privilege in the animal rights movement. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Of late there have been many interesting articles surfacing that have challenged the white-centric approach to vegan outreach and the advancement of nonhuman animal rights.* Some welfarist organizations have engaged in blatantly racially insensitive campaigns .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lol

Manchester, UK

#22 Feb 12, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text> I havent even claimed hunters are wife beaters or poachers or whatever so i have nothing to prove.
You on the hand claimed all ARAs hate jews, blacks and muslims so provide some proof.
*on the other hand*
dalalala

Goodman, MO

#23 Feb 12, 2012
STINKCAT wrote:
<quoted text>Wait a minute you didn't mention hunters little dicks.
funny
dalalala

Goodman, MO

#24 Feb 12, 2012
Hunters = Bad News

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#25 Feb 12, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text> I havent even claimed hunters are wife beaters or poachers or whatever so i have nothing to prove.
You on the hand claimed all ARAs hate jews, blacks and muslims so provide some proof.
So, are you saying that you don't want to be stereotyped by the actions of other ARAs? I can show you exactly where ARAs have made those blanket accusations repeatedly on these threads. Have you ever asked any of your fellow ARAs to prove those claims? Think about that for awhile. This lesson seems to be starting to sink in. With just a little more thought, you might just get it.

Boggy Creek

#26 Feb 12, 2012
dalalala wrote:
Hunters = Bad News
dalalala = bigoted moron

BTW, before you get all excited........yes.........you 've been promoted from slobbering imbecile to bigoted moron. Congratulations!
lol

Sheffield, UK

#27 Feb 12, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>So, are you saying that you don't want to be stereotyped by the actions of other ARAs? I can show you exactly where ARAs have made those blanket accusations repeatedly on these threads. Have you ever asked any of your fellow ARAs to prove those claims? Think about that for awhile. This lesson seems to be starting to sink in. With just a little more thought, you might just get it.
I havent read any of those claims but i have read yours and im still waiting for you to prove it.

Boggy Creek

#28 Feb 12, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text> I havent read any of those claims but i have read yours and im still waiting for you to prove it.
Damn! For just a moment there I thought you were getting it.
lol

Sheffield, UK

#29 Feb 12, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Damn! For just a moment there I thought you were getting it.
Provide proof that all ARAs hate jews, blacks and muslims.

Boggy Creek

#30 Feb 12, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text> Provide proof that all ARAs hate jews, blacks and muslims.
See there? You've completely missed it. Start at chapter one, go over the material again, and see if you can find where you dropped the ball.

Are you trying to say that not all ARAs are alike? That they are individuals no two exactly alike? That all ARAs shouldn't be judged by the acts of some ARAs? And that this rule should apply universally to other groups of people........like........say. ..hunters? Just a few question you might want to ask of yourself as you review the material.
lol

Sheffield, UK

#31 Feb 12, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>See there? You've completely missed it. Start at chapter one, go over the material again, and see if you can find where you dropped the ball.
Are you trying to say that not all ARAs are alike? That they are individuals no two exactly alike? That all ARAs shouldn't be judged by the acts of some ARAs? And that this rule should apply universally to other groups of people........like........say. ..hunters? Just a few question you might want to ask of yourself as you review the material.
Just like i thought, you have no proof. Why? Because you were lying. Its what hunt supporters do best.

Boggy Creek

#32 Feb 12, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text> Just like i thought, you have no proof. Why? Because you were lying. Its what hunt supporters do best.
Oh for cripes sake! Here, let me spell it out for you. I'm doing to ARAs what many ARAs do to hunters in the hope the one of you would have the intelligence to get the point that, like ARAs, hunters are individuals and not stereotypes. Apparently my hope was in vain, again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vegan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Veganism - doing the right thing (Jul '11) Mar 15 USA R0CKS 978
News Animal cruelty group send MKR 'vegan' Court a l... Feb '17 Stink 2
Vegan vacations in Tulum, Mexico Feb '17 veganasteroid 1
News Move over matcha, here are the top foods that'l... Dec '16 Marcavage s Emission 3
News Want to fight climate change? Try diet change Dec '16 DaGood DaBad And ... 4
News Moby Dickhead: A Harpoon, from One Vegan to Ano... Nov '16 rowdy01 6
News Pig trial: Are pigs smarter than dogs? It doesn... Nov '16 Lord of the Rings 1
More from around the web