Deconstructing white privilege in the...

Deconstructing white privilege in the animal rights movement

There are 31 comments on the Examiner.com story from Feb 4, 2012, titled Deconstructing white privilege in the animal rights movement. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Of late there have been many interesting articles surfacing that have challenged the white-centric approach to vegan outreach and the advancement of nonhuman animal rights.* Some welfarist organizations have engaged in blatantly racially insensitive campaigns .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Twin hoarder

Southampton, UK

#1 Feb 4, 2012
Oh come on, there was nothing wrong with PETA's holocaust campaign.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#2 Feb 4, 2012
Twin hoarder wrote:
The Jewish population seems to disagree. The sane population seems to agree with the Jewish population. Bigotry is the cornerstone of the "animal rights" movement. They hate Jews, blacks, Muslims, pet owners, meat eaters, hunters, researchers, fishermen, lumberjacks, dog breeders, ranchers, farmers, circus performers, rodeo cowboys, movie directors, anyone who wears fur or leather, vegans who couldn't hack it, oh hell, they pretty much hate everybody. While bigotry is the cornerstone of the movement hate seems to be the keystone.
Twin hoarder

Southampton, UK

#3 Feb 5, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>The Jewish population seems to disagree. The sane population seems to agree with the Jewish population. Bigotry is the cornerstone of the "animal rights" movement. They hate Jews, blacks, Muslims, pet owners, meat eaters, hunters, researchers, fishermen, lumberjacks, dog breeders, ranchers, farmers, circus performers, rodeo cowboys, movie directors, anyone who wears fur or leather, vegans who couldn't hack it, oh hell, they pretty much hate everybody. While bigotry is the cornerstone of the movement hate seems to be the keystone.
Provide proof that ARA's hate jews, blacks and muslims. What about the jewish, black and muslim ARA's? Do they hate themselves too?

Boggy Creek

#4 Feb 5, 2012
Twin hoarder wrote:
<quoted text> Provide proof that ARA's hate jews, blacks and muslims. What about the jewish, black and muslim ARA's? Do they hate themselves too?
Read the posts on these threads. Look, you capitalized ara but used lower case letters for Jewish and Muslim. Plus, they all eat meat and use animals. Less than one percent of any of those groups are vegan. Shall I go on?
STINKCAT

Guildford, UK

#5 Feb 5, 2012
Twin hoarder wrote:
Yes I agree Peta's holocaust campaign was great, it confirmed the organization is populated by vile obnoxious individuals. Cannot wait for the next campaign.

hiss of death

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Since: Jan 09

Double Lung em

#6 Feb 5, 2012
Twin hoarder wrote:
<quoted text> What about the jewish, black and muslim ARA's? Do they hate themselves too?
Yes, they hate everyone and for any reason. It is the ARA credo.
Mengelulz

UK

#7 Feb 5, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Read the posts on these threads. Look, you capitalized ara but used lower case letters for Jewish and Muslim. Plus, they all eat meat and use animals. Less than one percent of any of those groups are vegan. Shall I go on?
What have the posts on these threads have to do with millions of ARAs? From what i can see, only three ARAs come on here regulary.

Now, provide real proof that ALL ARAs hate jews, blacks and muslims.
Mengelulz

UK

#8 Feb 5, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Look, you capitalized ara but used lower case letters for Jewish and Muslim.
What the hell does that have to do with anything?

I asked you to provide proof that all ARAs hate jews, blacks and muslims? Did you ask all these ARAs? Was there a poll taken? Provide some proof.

Boggy Creek

#9 Feb 6, 2012
Mengelulz wrote:
<quoted text> What have the posts on these threads have to do with millions of ARAs? From what i can see, only three ARAs come on here regulary.
Now, provide real proof that ALL ARAs hate jews, blacks and muslims.
The PeTa Holocaust campaign speaks for it's bigoted self. The Jews eat meat. The Jews use animals. The Jews use animal products. The Jews are normals human beings. ARAs hate ALL of those things. And finally you are using the name (and variants thereof) of a Nazi guilty of the most heinous crimes against the Jewish people. Need I say more? Now, go make some brown eyes blue.

Boggy Creek

#10 Feb 6, 2012
Mengelulz wrote:
<quoted text>What the hell does that have to do with anything?
I asked you to provide proof that all ARAs hate jews, blacks and muslims? Did you ask all these ARAs? Was there a poll taken? Provide some proof.
Just pointing out your bigotry, it bleeds through no matter what you do.
Desirable Bad Affliction

Goodman, MO

#12 Feb 7, 2012
The poorly written article fails to associate the bad behaviour and ongoing campaign against the welfare of animals to any degree that it provides an explanation on how to deal with the problems associated with animal abuse world-wide , and the article clearly fails to capture any of these anti-welfare extremist views in general of the world population, or emphasises how to alter the oppression of the rights of other living beings while trying not to offend the luxury of the abuser, or associating these problems with any particular group or race in particular.

If the real issue is Deconstructing white privilege in the animal rights movement
It's like.?????

Deconstructing white privilege in the United States.
We begin with this that the Nation of the United State of America is without any question out of the 314 million people living here in the United States a White Government. Making it clearly a one-sided mob ruled monopoly of a government.
The majority of business in the United States is White owned and also including farmed businesses.

This is why Barrack Obama never stood a chance at being a successful president. For example in Rush Limbaugh's earlier statement at the beginning of the first year in the term of president Obama, Rush Limbaugh a spokesman for the wealthy and business of the United States, states that he hopes that Barrack Obama fails as president.
With a little effort from Rush Limbaugh's friends the majority of white American business, and white America as a whole, this is exactly what happened, because the luxury of the wealthy and the upper middle class assured job growth remained low during his presidency, and that the common trickle down effect associated with wealth remained non effective in these years, this also guaranteed that the wealthy had the opportunity to take advantage of the failure attributed to Barack Obama and get their more privileged wealthy politicians voted into power at the peoples expense, and off the ignorance of the poorer population.

As far as the Jewish race goes everything has to be done according to Biblical dietary law. No pork, animals also have to be treated like humans, feed first before they themselves eat, not deprived of motherhood, and NO hunting.

“Use renewable resources”

Since: Apr 11

Wear fur and save the earth

#13 Feb 7, 2012
Desirable Bad Affliction wrote:
The poorly written article fails to associate the bad behaviour and ongoing campaign against the welfare of animals to any degree that it provides an explanation on how to deal with the problems associated with animal abuse world-wide , and the article clearly fails to capture any of these anti-welfare extremist views in general of the world population, or emphasises how to alter the oppression of the rights of other living beings while trying not to offend the luxury of the abuser, or associating these problems with any particular group or race in particular.
If the real issue is Deconstructing white privilege in the animal rights movement
It's like.?????
Deconstructing white privilege in the United States.
We begin with this that the Nation of the United State of America is without any question out of the 314 million people living here in the United States a White Government. Making it clearly a one-sided mob ruled monopoly of a government.
The majority of business in the United States is White owned and also including farmed businesses.
This is why Barrack Obama never stood a chance at being a successful president. For example in Rush Limbaugh's earlier statement at the beginning of the first year in the term of president Obama, Rush Limbaugh a spokesman for the wealthy and business of the United States, states that he hopes that Barrack Obama fails as president.
With a little effort from Rush Limbaugh's friends the majority of white American business, and white America as a whole, this is exactly what happened, because the luxury of the wealthy and the upper middle class assured job growth remained low during his presidency, and that the common trickle down effect associated with wealth remained non effective in these years, this also guaranteed that the wealthy had the opportunity to take advantage of the failure attributed to Barack Obama and get their more privileged wealthy politicians voted into power at the peoples expense, and off the ignorance of the poorer population.
As far as the Jewish race goes everything has to be done according to Biblical dietary law. No pork, animals also have to be treated like humans, feed first before they themselves eat, not deprived of motherhood, and NO hunting.
ZOMG IT IS A CONSPIRACY! THEY ARE COMING TO TAKE US AWAY! THOSE EVIL PEOPLE! Are you a truther as well? Did we really land on the moon?
Desiring Bad Affliction

Goodman, MO

#14 Feb 7, 2012
No. Rush Limbaugh had in the past 6 or more ancestors who served in the civil war. All Confederates. Racism is a real problem in a Nation where the government, politics and the market are cornered by the whites, farmers, business, and capital elitist who intentionally leave the poor at a disadvantage especially through the effort of dumbing down that portion of the population from historical fact. Daily brain washing from wealth owned media doesn't help the politics, and basically keeps normal people helpless from having a true democratic government that was high jacked by the wealthy.

Abraham Lincoln "He that owns the media will rule the country"
And like this quote that many people have been quoted on throughout history. "If you tell a lie long enough people will eventually believe it."

I have to go now. Nothing further to say.

“Use renewable resources”

Since: Apr 11

Wear fur and save the earth

#15 Feb 8, 2012
Desiring Bad Affliction wrote:
No. Rush Limbaugh had in the past 6 or more ancestors who served in the civil war. All Confederates. Racism is a real problem in a Nation where the government, politics and the market are cornered by the whites, farmers, business, and capital elitist who intentionally leave the poor at a disadvantage especially through the effort of dumbing down that portion of the population from historical fact. Daily brain washing from wealth owned media doesn't help the politics, and basically keeps normal people helpless from having a true democratic government that was high jacked by the wealthy.
Abraham Lincoln "He that owns the media will rule the country"
And like this quote that many people have been quoted on throughout history. "If you tell a lie long enough people will eventually believe it."
I have to go now. Nothing further to say.
So who owns the media? Do you find Rush's arguments convincing? Do people listen to Rush to gain a greater political understanding? I have to tell you that people who listen to Rush are not seeking information but instead want to strengthen/reaffirm their preexisting beliefs. I would also like to add that if you fail in this country it is because you lack skills or are lazy. Get an education. Continually try to improve your job position. Stop blaming others and take responsibility for your own ineptitude and take steps to address it. Nobody is trying to hold you down. You are the one holding yourself back.
lol

Camberley, UK

#16 Feb 10, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>The PeTa Holocaust campaign speaks for it's bigoted self. The Jews eat meat. The Jews use animals. The Jews use animal products. The Jews are normals human beings. ARAs hate ALL of those things. And finally you are using the name (and variants thereof) of a Nazi guilty of the most heinous crimes against the Jewish people. Need I say more? Now, go make some brown eyes blue.
Jews eat meat? No, not all of them. There are many jewish vegetarians and vegans and many are ARAs. Many "victims" of the holocaust even went vegetarian at some point after they were "liberated".

You still havent provided any proof that ALL ARAs hate jews, blacks and muslims. PETA are are just one ARA group with 2 million activists, there are thousands of other AR groups plus PETA dont even hate jews, their campaign was the truth whether you like it or not.

Now, provide some real proof that ALL ARAs hate jews, blacks and muslims. Start with In Denfence of Animals.
lol

Camberley, UK

#17 Feb 10, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text> Jews eat meat? No, not all of them. There are many jewish vegetarians and vegans and many are ARAs. Many "victims" of the holocaust even went vegetarian at some point after they were "liberated".
You still havent provided any proof that ALL ARAs hate jews, blacks and muslims. PETA are are just one ARA group with 2 million activists, there are thousands of other AR groups plus PETA dont even hate jews, their campaign was the truth whether you like it or not.
Now, provide some real proof that ALL ARAs hate jews, blacks and muslims. Start with In Denfence of Animals.
*In Defence of Animals*

Boggy Creek

#18 Feb 11, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text> Jews eat meat? No, not all of them. There are many jewish vegetarians and vegans and many are ARAs. Many "victims" of the holocaust even went vegetarian at some point after they were "liberated".
Well, let's see. How about this. I'll give you the proof you're asking for if you can prove to me that ALL hunters are poachers, that ALL hunters are also child molesters, that ALL hunters are also wife beaters, that ALL hunters are thrill killers, that ALL hunters are trophy hunters. Shall I go on? Starting to get the message yet? Think about it for awhile.
STINKCAT

Colchester, UK

#19 Feb 11, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Well, let's see. How about this. I'll give you the proof you're asking for if you can prove to me that ALL hunters are poachers, that ALL hunters are also child molesters, that ALL hunters are also wife beaters, that ALL hunters are thrill killers, that ALL hunters are trophy hunters. Shall I go on? Starting to get the message yet? Think about it for awhile.
Wait a minute you didn't mention hunters little dicks.

Since: Jan 09

KEEP OUT

#20 Feb 11, 2012
STINKCAT wrote:
<quoted text>Wait a minute you didn't mention hunters little dicks.
As usual, others male genitalia occupies your thoughts.
lol

Manchester, UK

#21 Feb 12, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Well, let's see. How about this. I'll give you the proof you're asking for if you can prove to me that ALL hunters are poachers, that ALL hunters are also child molesters, that ALL hunters are also wife beaters, that ALL hunters are thrill killers, that ALL hunters are trophy hunters. Shall I go on? Starting to get the message yet? Think about it for awhile.
I havent even claimed hunters are wife beaters or poachers or whatever so i have nothing to prove.

You on the hand claimed all ARAs hate jews, blacks and muslims so provide some proof.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vegan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News PETA says Seaside Heights boardwalk cats would ... Jul '16 Andrew 5
News Veganism - doing the right thing (Jul '11) Jun '16 Boo 964
News Obese woman met her fiance in the gym and now t... (Mar '16) Jun '16 syfsupps 3
News Vegan teens: Why are so many young people dropp... May '16 Bernie Panders 2
News Woman who died climbing Everest was a vegan try... May '16 Duthc expat 1
Healthy Vending machines are long overdue (Nov '13) Apr '16 Mark Erickson 2
About family and friends support when becoming ... (Mar '16) Mar '16 VeganHeart 1
More from around the web