Veganism - doing the right thing

Veganism - doing the right thing

There are 972 comments on the www.jpost.com story from Jul 7, 2011, titled Veganism - doing the right thing . In it, www.jpost.com reports that:

Vegans are people who take vegetarianism a step further. Not only do they eschew all meat, poultry and fish, but they also won’t touch eggs or any kind of dairy produce.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.jpost.com.

Since: Jan 09

KEEP OUT

#964 Jul 17, 2012
hunters are COWARDS wrote:
<quoted text>It's amazing that you refuse to stop making an ass of yourself. You are a tiny limpdicked COWARD who knows NOTHING about being vegan or about soy. You are an i d i o t as well as a dlckless COWARD and you prove it with your every asinine word. Keep obsessing over ANIMAL RIGHTS, you insecure dlckless coward. Gonna whine and make more of a fool of yourself? Of course you are because that's what insecure COWARDS do when they lack dignity, pride, intelligence, a dlck and a spine. You are such an effing pathetic POS.
Dangers of Soy

"There has been an increase of delayed physical maturation among boys, including lack of development of sexual organs."

http://www.naturalhealthstrategies.com/danger...

Enjoy your soy milk.
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#965 Jul 17, 2012
Wade Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Louise, why should I give a rat's as$ about 'animal rights' when we're obviously on the ANIMAL RIGHTS Forum?
http://www.topix.com/forum/animal/animal-righ...
STILL making a fool of yourself, widdle wadie??

Besides the FACT that topic here is VEGANISM, and the FACT that you troll the ANIMAL RIGHTS forums, how many more times are you going to humiliate your effing stupid self?? You aren't smart enough or MAN enough to stop making a fool of yourself. Get lost, widdle wadie, you are nothing but a SELF HUMILIATING witless waste of space

hiss of death

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Since: Jan 09

Double Lung em

#966 Jul 17, 2012
Christmas Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>Dangers of Soy
"There has been an increase of delayed physical maturation among boys, including lack of development of sexual organs."
http://www.naturalhealthstrategies.com/danger...
Enjoy your soy milk.
That could explain why HAC thinks everyone is sackless. All the soy slurpers she hangs out with actually are.
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#967 Jul 17, 2012
Christmas Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>Dangers of Soy
"There has been an increase of delayed physical maturation among boys, including lack of development of sexual organs."
http://www.naturalhealthstrategies.com/danger...
Enjoy your soy milk.
LOL---you flailing/FAILING i d i o t! Hilarious how you witless twits spin in circles with the same predictable IGNORANT trash. Besides the FACT that not every vegan consumes soy, you obviously know NOTHING about soy except for the LIES and propaganda spewed by the MEAT and DAIRY industry. The funny thing is that MOST of the soy grown is being fed to LIVESTOCK, not humans!! effing meat eaters consume more soy than vegans!! Try again, you dlckless, brainless self humiliating POS.

hiss of death

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Since: Jan 09

Double Lung em

#968 Jul 17, 2012
hunters are COWARDS wrote:
<quoted text>The funny thing is that MOST of the soy grown is being fed to LIVESTOCK, not humans!!
That would include YOU, correct ?

Since: Jan 09

KEEP OUT

#969 Jul 17, 2012
hunters are COWARDS wrote:
<quoted text>LOL---you flailing/FAILING i d i o t! Hilarious how you witless twits spin in circles with the same predictable IGNORANT trash. Besides the FACT that not every vegan consumes soy, you obviously know NOTHING about soy except for the LIES and propaganda spewed by the MEAT and DAIRY industry. The funny thing is that MOST of the soy grown is being fed to LIVESTOCK, not humans!! effing meat eaters consume more soy than vegans!! Try again, you dlckless, brainless self humiliating POS.
Just because you partake of string sphincter beans doesn't mean all vegans do.
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#970 Jul 17, 2012
hunters are COWARDS wrote:
<quoted text>STILL making a fool of yourself, widdle wadie??
Besides the FACT that topic here is VEGANISM, and the FACT that you troll the ANIMAL RIGHTS forums, how many more times are you going to humiliate your effing stupid self?? You aren't smart enough or MAN enough to stop making a fool of yourself. Get lost, widdle wadie, you are nothing but a SELF HUMILIATING witless waste of space
Nope, we're still on the Food Forum.

http://www.topix.com/forum/food/T5KR0LT04N2FF...

Louise, it's so easy to tick you off. The only reason I post on this thread is to annoy you. It's clear that I have done so successfully because if I did not annoy you, you would simply ignore my posts.

Of course the topic of this thread is veganism. Why is it that you need to keep reminding yourself of that fact? Clearly, veganism is about a person's diet, that's why this thread is located on the Food Forum. I do occasionally eat vegan meals and they can be quite good. Just the other night we had tacos with the filling made with lentils instead of meat. They were delicious. A couple nights later we had taco salads using the same lentil taco filling.

You know what? I don't dislike vegans or veganism at all. I don't even dislike you because that would require an effort to develop that much emotion over you and I simply do not care about vegans or veganism. Neither you, nor any other vegan has an impact on me or my family. Like I said, the only real reason I'm still here is because it so badly annoys you. I challenge you to ignore this post by not posting a reply. In fact I'll give $100 to the Animal Ark No-Kill Shelter located in Hastings, Minnesota if you can ignore this post and my future posts on the Animal Rights Topix Forums.

http://www.animalarkshelter.org/

By the way, I've already made a $50 donation to this organization in the past. They helped out a family member with a cat that needed a home due to allergies.(The allergies were not the cat's, they were the human's allergies ; )
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#971 Jul 17, 2012
^^the witless, dlckless no life loser trolls keep humiliating their effing stupid selves^^
Carry on, dlckless cowards...and don't forget to decorate!
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#972 Jul 17, 2012
Wade Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, we're still on the Food Forum.
http://www.topix.com/forum/food/T5KR0LT04N2FF...
Louise, it's so easy to tick you off. The only reason I post on this thread is to annoy you. It's clear that I have done so successfully because if I did not annoy you, you would simply ignore my posts.
Of course the topic of this thread is veganism. Why is it that you need to keep reminding yourself of that fact? Clearly, veganism is about a person's diet, that's why this thread is located on the Food Forum. I do occasionally eat vegan meals and they can be quite good. Just the other night we had tacos with the filling made with lentils instead of meat. They were delicious. A couple nights later we had taco salads using the same lentil taco filling.
You know what? I don't dislike vegans or veganism at all. I don't even dislike you because that would require an effort to develop that much emotion over you and I simply do not care about vegans or veganism. Neither you, nor any other vegan has an impact on me or my family. Like I said, the only real reason I'm still here is because it so badly annoys you. I challenge you to ignore this post by not posting a reply. In fact I'll give $100 to the Animal Ark No-Kill Shelter located in Hastings, Minnesota if you can ignore this post and my future posts on the Animal Rights Topix Forums.
http://www.an imala
By the way, I've already made a $50 donation to this organization in the past. They helped out a family member with a cat that needed a home due to allergies.(The allergies were not the cat's, they were the human's allergies ; )
STILL deluding yourself and making an ass of yourself, widdle wadie?? How many more times are you going to come here just to get further humiliated?? your asinine posts are all over the ANIMAL RIGHTS forums and there is NOTHING you can do to hide that FACT. No sane person even reads through your whiny posts, widdle wadie and NO ONE take you witless trifling TROLLS seriously. You are just wastes of space. Get lost, widdle wadie and quit begging for attention that you will never get. You know NOTHING about ANIMAL RIGHTS or being VEGAN yet you obsess here every day making a complete fool of yourself.
reamo

Monticello, IN

#973 Jul 22, 2012
animals don't have consciousness.. only humans and monkeys do..

and humans have the animal brains inside their brain..

you have part of your brain is like that of the bird.. and of other animals.. lizzard I think??

When more evolution comes you will come back to life as a creature which eats humans..

and has lived multiple lives..
reamo

Monticello, IN

#974 Jul 22, 2012
human and monkey are the first real consciousnesses..later on we will all be reincarnated some man eating aliens..

wait so here is interesting question.. what do vegans think about cannibalism in general..

what if my friend dies of natural causes and I eat him.. right before he's done dying??
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#975 Jul 22, 2012
hunters are COWARDS wrote:
<quoted text>STILL deluding yourself and making an ass of yourself, widdle wadie?? How many more times are you going to come here just to get further humiliated?? your asinine posts are all over the ANIMAL RIGHTS forums and there is NOTHING you can do to hide that FACT. No sane person even reads through your whiny posts, widdle wadie and NO ONE take you witless trifling TROLLS seriously. You are just wastes of space. Get lost, widdle wadie and quit begging for attention that you will never get. You know NOTHING about ANIMAL RIGHTS or being VEGAN yet you obsess here every day making a complete fool of yourself.
"Obsess here every day making a complete fool of yourself."

Now that something I can agree with. As far as I can tell, you are the ONLY poster here EVERY SINGLE DAY and yes, you do make a fool of yourself.

You say I know nothing about being a VEGAN. Well, isn't a vegan someone who does not eat animals nor uses any of their by products? That's something, isn't it Louise?
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#976 Jul 22, 2012
Wade Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Obsess here every day making a complete fool of yourself."
Now that something I can agree with. As far as I can tell, you are the ONLY poster here EVERY SINGLE DAY and yes, you do make a fool of yourself.
You say I know nothing about being a VEGAN. Well, isn't a vegan someone who does not eat animals nor uses any of their by products? That's something, isn't it Louise?
LOL!!! Hilarious how you continue to make a fool of yourself, widdle wadie!! You can't tell ANYTHING. You are a witless, trifling troll who obsesses over ANIMAL RIGHTS and VEGANISM, yet you clearly know NOTHING about either. Go find those big boy panties, widdle wadie, because you are only making a fool of yourself every time you regurgitate your ignorance and whining.
John

Bella Vista, Australia

#977 Jul 22, 2012
"Animal right" are an idiotic proposition.
Trying to give human rights to the beasts of the field is insane.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#978 Jul 26, 2012
Introduction to animal rights

Animal rights versus animal welfare

The difference between animal rights and animal welfare has been summed up like this:

Animal rights advocates are campaigning for no cages, while animal welfarists are campaigning for bigger cages.

Animal rights supporters believe that it is morally wrong to use or exploit animals in any way and that human beings should not do so.

Animal welfare supporters believe that it can be morally acceptable for human beings to use or exploit animals, as long as: the suffering of the animals is either eliminated or reduced to the minimum and there is no practicable way of achieving the same end without using animals.

For people who think like this, the suffering to animals is at the heart of the issue, and reducing the suffering reduces the wrong that is done.

Supporters of animal rights don't think that doing wrong things humanely makes them any less wrong.

Do animals need rights?
Animals don't need rights to deserve protection; a good moral case can made for treating them well and considering their interests that doesn't involve accepting animal rights.

Why animal rights?
Many animal lovers think animals don't just deserve protection in a paternalistic way. They say that animals have rights that must be respected.

Rights are much more important than interests, because rights impose a burden on others that the other parties must accept.

If animals do have rights then there are certain things that human beings should not do to animals, because doing them would violate the animal's rights.

This applies regardless of the cost to human beings. If humanity must suffer some disadvantage as the consequence of respecting animal rights, then that's the way it has to be.

Which animals have rights?
Nobody thinks that all animals should have rights - the question is where to draw the line.

One elegant phrase suggests that animal rights should be restricted to those animals that "have a biography, not merely a biology."

This means that only the higher animals would have rights - those animals that are conscious, can remember, and can form intentions and plan and act for the future.

Although we already know many animals have senses of humour!

Human rights versus animal rights
No-one suggests that animals should have all the same rights as human beings.

There are many rights that are entirely irrelevant to animals, such as freedom of religion, freedom of speech, the right to vote, the right to an education and so on.

The human consequences of animal rights
Accepting that non-human animals have rights requires human beings to accept that:

•non-human animals are conscious beings not machines or objects
•non-human animals have interests of their own
•human beings should respect the interests of non-human animals
•human beings should not exploit non-human animals
•human beings should not treat non-human animals as objects
•human beings should not kill non-human animals
•unless non-human animals have the right not to be killed, any other rights are pointless since they can be circumvented by killing the animal
Accepting that non-human animals have rights restricts human beings, and may even cause people to die who might otherwise have lived.

For example, it means that human beings can't use non-human animals in medical experiments - even if this restriction will lead to the death of many human beings from a disease for which a cure might be discovered through animal experimentation.

source : http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/animals/rights/in...

hiss of death

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Since: Jan 09

Double Lung em

#979 Jul 26, 2012
mojo karma cookie wrote:
Introduction to animal rights
Animal rights versus animal welfare
The difference between animal rights and animal welfare has been summed up like this:
Animal welfarists possess logic and reason, animal rightists possess neither.
Hadrian

Chelmsford, UK

#980 Jul 26, 2012
Giving animals rights is sooooo stupid.
John

Australia

#983 Jul 27, 2012
I'm rattling your cage HAC.
Rush forth and snarl for me.
HAC Chugs Sausage

San Angelo, TX

#984 Jul 27, 2012
HAC - LUMPY - Ban Animal Cruelty wrote:
<quoted text>You all know I wouldn't eat my favorite lovers, my goat, my baboon and my bucket of cucumbers. Well, at least not in the literal sense, but thanks for asking. I'll be sure to make a fool of myself again real soon!
Don't forget the industrial lube.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#986 Aug 7, 2012
Widdle HAC still posting? Dear me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vegan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Moby Dickhead: A Harpoon, from One Vegan to Ano... Nov 26 rowdy01 6
News Pig trial: Are pigs smarter than dogs? It doesn... Nov '16 Lord of the Rings 1
News Raising a vegan baby: Parents say abuse cases g... Oct '16 Bloomp 1
News A single line in an obscure court case reveals ... Oct '16 entrance 1
News PETA says Seaside Heights boardwalk cats would ... Jul '16 Andrew 5
News Obese woman met her fiance in the gym and now t... (Mar '16) Jun '16 syfsupps 3
News Vegan teens: Why are so many young people dropp... (May '16) May '16 Bernie Panders 2
More from around the web