Turkeys and Thanksgiving in America.

Turkeys and Thanksgiving in America.

There are 3 comments on the www.newyorker.com story from Nov 14, 2011, titled Turkeys and Thanksgiving in America.. In it, www.newyorker.com reports that:

The First Served

Good, or at least voguish, eating these days is often shaped by constraints of the seasonal and the local, so let us consider, this season, the turkey, surely the most local of American birds. Meleagris gallopavo is the wild turkey native to North America, the distant parent of the forty-six million turkeys that will be eaten across the country next week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.newyorker.com.

FRONTIERSMAN

“FREEDOM”

Since: Dec 08

Bethel NY

#1 Nov 14, 2011
All Turkeys are descendents of "VELOCIRAPTOR "dinosaurs '...like the ones in Jurassic Park??Except they really had Feathers!!

The Domestic variety are in no way indicative of the wild ones!..Wild one can Fly!..taking off from a standing spot..Like a Helicopter

Ben Franklin thought the Wild Turkey a more noble bird..Better than the thieving fish hawk ..the Bald Eagle... The Beautiful Turkey,Almost our National Emblem!

Weather Roasted,Baked,Smoked,Fried,..I ts not THANKSGIVING without one...Wild Turkeys eat better than the caged raised fat things,which are loaded with STUFF..

Enjoy this Great American Holiday,of thanking God,started by our foundling Fathers..

Do it before the ACLU declares it conflicting with Church and State...LOONS ARE WEIRD THAT WAY...HYPOCRITICAL,UN AMERICAN,BASTARDS!The Turkeys ASS is too good for these Creeps!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2 Nov 15, 2011
Buy a heritage turkey this Thanksgiving and boycott the factory farmed genetically manipulated white feathered bird that masquerades as a "turkey".

“ What do I know?”

Since: Nov 10

Bugtussle, TN

#3 Nov 16, 2011
FRONTIERSMAN wrote:
All Turkeys are descendents of "VELOCIRAPTOR "dinosaurs '...like the ones in Jurassic Park??Except they really had Feathers!!
The Domestic variety are in no way indicative of the wild ones!..Wild one can Fly!..taking off from a standing spot..Like a Helicopter
Ben Franklin thought the Wild Turkey a more noble bird..Better than the thieving fish hawk ..the Bald Eagle... The Beautiful Turkey,Almost our National Emblem!
Weather Roasted,Baked,Smoked,Fried,..I ts not THANKSGIVING without one...Wild Turkeys eat better than the caged raised fat things,which are loaded with STUFF..
Enjoy this Great American Holiday,of thanking God,started by our foundling Fathers..
Do it before the ACLU declares it conflicting with Church and State...LOONS ARE WEIRD THAT WAY...HYPOCRITICAL,UN AMERICAN,BASTARDS!The Turkeys ASS is too good for these Creeps!
Yes...
Thank gawd for the ability to kill Native Americans quickly...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Turkey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Do they eat turkey in Turkey? (Nov '09) May '17 Bored 7
News Hawg Holler coming soon to Rockmart (Sep '16) Sep '16 Diner 1
News Ten Things You Didn't Know Were Racist John Leo... (Aug '15) Jan '16 Elise Elise Elise 3
News Celebrity chefs dish on Christmas culinary trad... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Calvin Clean 4
News Claycord - Talk About Local Politics (Nov '15) Nov '15 Cyber Stalked Victim 1
News Man shot on motorcycle identified (Oct '08) Aug '15 JMFP 25
Ina Garten's Recipe for Turkey - Episode Not J... (Feb '06) Jun '15 Krumholz 283
More from around the web