Loud, festive

Loud, festive

There are 11 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jun 29, 2007, titled Loud, festive. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Eye-catching red awnings outside are only a tease for the vitality inside Barcelona Tapas, a first for the city and the second location for the expanding St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

been there

Greenfield, IN

#1 Jun 29, 2007
I recently went there and loved the food although a little pricey. However, the place was so noisy that it was like trying to eat in the midst of a middle school gym class. I will NOT return to that din of noise.
Lydia

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jun 29, 2007
Barcelona Tapas sounds great...I look forward to trying it!
AF Veteran

Whittier, CA

#3 Jun 29, 2007
Finally, a Tapas restaurant arrives in Indy. My wife and I will be visiting soon.
I ate there

Greenfield, IN

#4 Jun 29, 2007
better take your ear plugs..............
horrific

Woodworth, WI

#5 Jun 29, 2007
I went in to this place a few weeks ago for a weekday lunch with a decent sized group.

horrible horrible experience.

bad service, long delay for food-nearly an hour.

ran out of diet coke.

no refills on bread while waiting for the hour.

french fries not fried at all-pasty white.

At least the food was free after complaints.

Would never go back.
curious

Greenfield, IN

#6 Jun 29, 2007
How was the noise.......everyone I know that has been there swears that they will not go back because their ears aren't normal for several hours.
horrific wrote:
I went in to this place a few weeks ago for a weekday lunch with a decent sized group.
ran out of diet coke.
Would never go back.
Lovely

Chicago, IL

#7 Jun 29, 2007
Sounds like, if the noise is the problem, I'll continue to go to a local favorite, Acapulco Joes, rather than this St. Louis based chain.
nice

Carmel, IN

#8 Jul 2, 2007
that's the thing with tapas once yo order it comes out when it's ready not first course, second course, and third course. welcome to european dinning Indiana. It's ok and you will get used to it.
Cheers D
Awesome

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Jul 8, 2007
We loved it! Restaurants are too boring in Indy, this one is festive. Great food. Tapas isn't supposed to be fast. Lunch is loud anywhere, it sounds like success is their biggest problem.
G
no no

United States

#10 Jul 8, 2007
no, their major roadblock is the unbelievable noise.
Awesome wrote:
We loved it! Restaurants are too boring in Indy, this one is festive. Great food. Tapas isn't supposed to be fast. Lunch is loud anywhere, it sounds like success is their biggest problem.
G
Disappointed

United States

#11 Aug 1, 2007
horrific wrote:
ran out of diet coke.
Would never go back.
We had the exact same experience. Except our waiter was an unbelievable jerk too. Didn't like that we wanted separate checks and actually flipped the bills in that little book thing at us in kind of a pissy manner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spanish Cuisine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 50 meals everyone should eat in their lifetime (Nov '15) Nov '15 vietnam my love 1
News Bridgeport's East Side hopes to prosper from St... (Apr '15) Apr '15 American Gentlema... 1
How do you buy Spanish products in UK (Aug '14) Aug '14 Richard 1
Curso de cocina espaņola el 19 al 23 de Agosto ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 CervantesEI 1
spanish cuisine!! (Feb '08) Jun '13 Jose Granero 6
News Day 3 of Todd's Favorite Things brings Grand Ra... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Go Blue Forever 1
News The United Colors of Rice (Dec '11) Dec '11 Lisa Bentley 1
More from around the web