Cold Soups: Gazpacho, Borscht and More

There are 4 comments on the Jul 28, 2009, findingDulcinea story titled Cold Soups: Gazpacho, Borscht and More. In it, findingDulcinea reports that:

Cold soup can be made with virtually anything: almonds, melon, hearts of palm. Served chilled, soup is a perfect summer option, either pre- or post-meal. More versatile than its warmer equivalent, both savory and sweet cold soup recipes abound.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at findingDulcinea.

Nathaniel

New York, NY

#1 Jul 28, 2009
Mmm, I had the most amazing gazpacho the other night, thank you for reminding me. I've never tried these other cold soups, some of which look fantastic -- I'll have to seek them out (I'm a pathetic cook).
Not the borscht, though -- I had a Ukrainian friend growing up, so I've had more than my fair share of that, though it was served hot...
Janet

Portland, OR

#2 Jul 28, 2009
Nathaniel wrote:
Mmm, I had the most amazing gazpacho the other night, thank you for reminding me. I've never tried these other cold soups, some of which look fantastic -- I'll have to seek them out (I'm a pathetic cook).
Not the borscht, though -- I had a Ukrainian friend growing up, so I've had more than my fair share of that, though it was served hot...
Cold borscht is delicious with a dollop of sour cream. Way better than borscht served hot.
Steve

Portland, OR

#3 Jul 29, 2009
If only you knew how hot it is here today - I am definitely going to be making some cold soup for dinner - that or ice cream!
paul shykora

Calgary, Canada

#4 Aug 4, 2009
Janet wrote:
<quoted text> Cold borscht is delicious with a dollop of sour cream. Way better than borscht served hot.
..YES...Yeth...good...is .goodness....eh...yada u...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spanish Cuisine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bridgeport's East Side hopes to prosper from St... Apr 19 American Gentlema... 1
How do you buy Spanish products in UK (Aug '14) Aug '14 Richard 1
Curso de cocina espaņola el 19 al 23 de Agosto ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 CervantesEI 1
spanish cuisine!! (Feb '08) Jun '13 Jose Granero 6
News Day 3 of Todd's Favorite Things brings Grand Ra... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Go Blue Forever 1
News The United Colors of Rice (Dec '11) Dec '11 Lisa Bentley 1
Spanish chefs, foods and wine in Beijing, China (Jun '11) Jun '11 Boyce 1
More from around the web