People choosing to live 'la vida locavore'

There are 8 comments on the Apr 24, 2014, WIS-TV Columbia story titled People choosing to live 'la vida locavore'. In it, WIS-TV Columbia reports that:

Not only do they believe locally produced food tastes better, but getting food from local sources also helps support their neighbors and the area's economy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIS-TV Columbia.

Sam Reich

Cleveland, OH

#1 Apr 24, 2014
Plants do not walk if eat from one area the soil better have all the minerals you need in the quantities.. it is best to eat verity of healthy (like low fat) foods from all over the inspected, honest world.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#2 May 14, 2014
If you want to source local foods and truly live the Locavore lifestyle you need to start using this new site called Agrilicious.org .

It allows you to know where you food is coming from and since your connected to the grower you know how it was grown and whether it is truly organic.

Studies have shown that locally sourced and organic foods have more nutrients, including antioxidants, than traditionally grown foods. Studies also show that people who have allergies to foods or preservatives often find their symptoms lessen or go away all together when they eat only locally sourced and organic foods!

Start Living the Locavore life.
jeffryhelms_

Oakland, CA

#3 May 21, 2014
AgBOB wrote:
If you want to source local foods and truly live the Locavore lifestyle you need to start using this new site called Agrilicious.org .
It allows you to know where you food is coming from and since your connected to the grower you know how it was grown and whether it is truly organic.
Studies have shown that locally sourced and organic foods have more nutrients, including antioxidants, than traditionally grown foods. Studies also show that people who have allergies to foods or preservatives often find their symptoms lessen or go away all together when they eat only locally sourced and organic foods!
Start Living the Locavore life.
Try one tablespoon of clove powder in a bowl of hot cereal-for fecal zoonotic infections-(stay by a bathroom)--which just happen to be the main cause of allergies-which is not really allergies now is it--(sneezing,asthma,repirator y illness etc.). Fecal contamination or e-coli related illness can be from produce grown from foreign areas--where sewer treatment plants are few and the food crops get watered with sewer contaminated water--etc.---the cat dog doo in the garden soil or water can also be a e-coli source etc.---if eat the produce and sneeze or asthma--chances are--its e-coli zoonotic contaminated. In the winter time eat frozen or canned canadian or U.S. produce--preferably not from a drought area--because if their is a drought--chances are -their going to use contaminated water!! Right now--canadian frozen fruit is your best bet because of the water shortage etc.--good for smoothies etc.
jeffryhelms_

Oakland, CA

#4 May 21, 2014
The florida juice is still okay and e-coli free-but make sure their is no mixed juice from brazil or mexico--that' not okay etc.---I just bought some tangelo's from california growers and got deathly ill for 2 weeks!!!--so california IS OUT OF WATER! be careful.

Since: May 14

Meridian, ID

#5 May 21, 2014
I currently live the Locavore Lifestyle.

To me it has brought enormous health benefits from weight loss to just feeling better everyday.

However it does have some drawbacks such as seasonal food. But once one realizes what foods are in season in the area they can plan accordingly.

Trying to source local for your products is healthier for you because you know where and how your food was grown.
jeffryhelms_

Oakland, CA

#6 May 21, 2014
LocavoreT wrote:
I currently live the Locavore Lifestyle.
To me it has brought enormous health benefits from weight loss to just feeling better everyday.
However it does have some drawbacks such as seasonal food. But once one realizes what foods are in season in the area they can plan accordingly.
Trying to source local for your products is healthier for you because you know where and how your food was grown.
Watch the kitty doo in the garden dirt and wino neighbor throwing his dog doo in the creek water that you use etc.--even rats etc.-that eat dog food can fecal zoonotic your garden etc.-----alot Essene's with the star shaped garden's are netting off their garden areas etc. from animals. Good water is hard to find now in cali.-I got a semi-good source , my neighbors drinks etc. and the landscapers blow the dog doo in the creek water etc.--I can't grow tomato's etc.--maybe some potatoes etc. alittle produce-but tomato's are too sensitive to e-coli etc.----So now I'm growing lily's--and selling lily bulbs etc.--although I think I might have to deal with a fungus soon from the dog doo?
jeffryhelms_

Oakland, CA

#7 May 21, 2014
YOu can set up water containers , clear ones and the cats won't go potty near them etc.
jeffryhelms_

Oakland, CA

#8 May 21, 2014
The sacramento tomato crop should be okay for now---lets hope the american river etc. is okay and has enough water.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Slow Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oakland woman trying to bring peace one crop at... (Jul '14) Jul '14 T Turner 1
News WFHS Students Learn About Sustainable Meal Prep... (Jun '14) Jun '14 hoo doo you think... 2
News Seed varieties with history bring fresh taste t... (Jun '14) Jun '14 older women dating 1
News The Saint of Spuds: How a Utica man saved the p... (May '14) May '14 Utica Lies and Ri... 11
News A Culinary Renaissance in Poland? (Mar '14) Mar '14 Hungry for Love 1
News Rhyne up next at the Great Chef Series at the S... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Hope people are 1
News Local group hosting event to discuss possible i... (Feb '14) Feb '14 more trickiness 2
More from around the web