Butchery demo coming to Vacaville

Full story: The Reporter 17
An artisan butchery demonstration is part of a grass-fed beef dinner fundraiser from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Oct. Full Story

Since: Aug 10

Oakland, CA

#1 Sep 19, 2010
Five free advertisements in one this week.

If it is truly grass fed beef, which I doubt, nobody in their right mind would eat it because it is terrible, and has no flavor.
Joe-Gates Ranch Cattle Co

United States

#2 Sep 19, 2010
Birds Landing Bob: I appreciate your comments. I agree.
John

San Francisco, CA

#3 Sep 19, 2010
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
Five free advertisements in one this week.
If it is truly grass fed beef, which I doubt, nobody in their right mind would eat it because it is terrible, and has no flavor.
Actually, all grass fed beef tastes rather gamey unless grilled with a lot of spices over a wood fire or BBQ'd in a pit.

Wonder if Maite Kropp will be at the event flooding everyone with her crocodile tears.

Since: Oct 09

Vacaville, CA

#4 Sep 19, 2010
Ahh...another foodie event at the novel farm in the "country."

Dress code is khakis, floppy straw hats and Berkenstocks.

Will they be sampling the grass itself?

Vacaville, CA

#5 Sep 19, 2010
John wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, all grass fed beef tastes rather gamey unless grilled with a lot of spices over a wood fire or BBQ'd in a pit.
Wonder if Maite Kropp will be at the event flooding everyone with her crocodile tears.
Might as well have a venison steak. Same prep work.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#6 Sep 19, 2010
It's a good day to check out www.calbeef.org .

Beef, it's what's for dinner.

Vacaville, CA

#7 Sep 19, 2010
Granny in the Crosswalk wrote:
It's a good day to check out www.calbeef.org .
Beef, it's what's for dinner.
A nice New York steak - medium rare - sounds good. Please make your fresh bread, Gran.

I still wonder what will go on out at Sell Food Farms. Will they be shaping tofu into little T-bones? Will there be little napkins for their grass stained cheeks?
John

San Francisco, CA

#8 Sep 19, 2010
Soul Food Farm.

It is way past the time that the county exercise it's right of emmenint domain in that section of Pleasants Valley Road and condem the little "farms" so the land can be developed into gated exclusive communities in order to meet Solano County & Vacaville development goals the call for more executive type housing.

There is a heck of a lot more money to be made in developing land then farming or ranching it in the 21st century. More for private developers and ultimately, higher property tax revenue for the city & county.

Vacaville, CA

#9 Sep 19, 2010
John wrote:
Soul Food Farm.
It is way past the time that the county exercise it's right of emmenint domain in that section of Pleasants Valley Road and condem the little "farms" so the land can be developed into gated exclusive communities in order to meet Solano County & Vacaville development goals the call for more executive type housing.
There is a heck of a lot more money to be made in developing land then farming or ranching it in the 21st century. More for private developers and ultimately, higher property tax revenue for the city & county.
Thanks, John. I was being facetious.
I agree with you.
It's amazing to see normally intelligent local folks running out to support this sprinkling of hen houses and flower potteries along PVR as if the sight of a hen laying an egg or fresh basil is something spiritual.
Now, the Bay Area transplants are going to profit on the local stupids by telling them that grass fed beef tastes good.
Where's the corn?

Long Tall Sally

United States

#10 Sep 19, 2010
Merciful heavens!@$99 for a ticket to eat a steak dinner? What is this fun raiser supporting??

Who else will be there besides Richard Rico?

Location hidden

#11 Sep 19, 2010
Barbi - VV wrote:
<quoted text>
A nice New York steak - medium rare - sounds good. Please make your fresh bread, Gran.
I still wonder what will go on out at Sell Food Farms. Will they be shaping tofu into little T-bones? Will there be little napkins for their grass stained cheeks?
Sounds good. Okay, I'll bake bread, but who will barbeque?

LOL.

Vacaville, CA

#12 Sep 19, 2010
Long Tall Sally wrote:
Merciful heavens!@$99 for a ticket to eat a steak dinner? What is this fun raiser supporting??
Who else will be there besides Richard Rico?
LOL!!

Vacaville, CA

#13 Sep 19, 2010
Granny in the Crosswalk wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds good. Okay, I'll bake bread, but who will barbeque?
LOL.
The Vacaville troll won't come out...he's posing as "Cher" on the motorcycle thread.

Location hidden

#14 Sep 19, 2010
Barbi - VV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Vacaville troll won't come out...he's posing as "Cher" on the motorcycle thread.
Cher? Wow, with the wig and eveything? He needs some beef from this event to fill him up.
Animal Tales

United States

#15 Sep 19, 2010
This event sounds terrible. Who wants to learn about or even witness butchery? Sounds like a course done by a serial killer.

Since: Aug 10

Oakland, CA

#17 Sep 20, 2010
Joe-Gates Ranch Cattle Co wrote:
Birds Landing Bob: I appreciate your comments. I agree.
Thanks Joe. Are you still doing custom cut and wrap?

If they want a real butchery demonstration they would have to get Frank to come out from dixon and show them how it's done. They better do it soon though, I had him do a steer for me a few months ago and he said he's fixin to retire.
Little Daisy Do

San Francisco, CA

#18 Sep 22, 2010
I hate the headline on this article! It sounds beastly. Who will pay $99 for a steak dinner to support Soul Farm? Oh yes, Richard Rico.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Slow Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oakland woman trying to bring peace one crop at... Jul '14 T Turner 1
WFHS Students Learn About Sustainable Meal Prep... Jun '14 hoo doo you think... 2
Seed varieties with history bring fresh taste t... Jun '14 older women dating 1
People choosing to live 'la vida locavore' May '14 jeffryhelms_ 8
The Saint of Spuds: How a Utica man saved the p... May '14 Utica Lies and Ri... 11
A Culinary Renaissance in Poland? Mar '14 Hungry for Love 1
Rhyne up next at the Great Chef Series at the S... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Hope people are 1
•••

Slow Food People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••