Cossie Snyder's crab cake recipe finally revealed

Marie Geletkanych always said she'd take her recipe for crab cakes -- a signature dish at the former Cossie Snyder's Corner in Allentown -- with her to the grave. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Mar 07

Bethlehem, PA

#68 Mar 12, 2009
Pachacutec wrote:
<quoted text> Reading this article and the posts, I HAD to go out last night and get crab cakes; closest place is the Calvert House Inn, which has been in Riverdale since "forever." Crab cakes weren't bad. Ever been to any of the Jerrys' Seafood places? Their crab bomb is exquisite!!(actually - best way to eat crabs, in PA, MD, wherever, is to go out and get a bushel of steamed crabs, head out to the picnic table w/ the crabs and your choice of beverages, some crab mallets, and dig in!!)

Ever been to Harris's? Just over the bridge from Annapolis on Kent Island?
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#69 Mar 13, 2009
Dennis Mac wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever been to Harris's? Just over the bridge from Annapolis on Kent Island?
No I haven't, but I'll check it out.(goodness, now I'm wanting a crab cake, crab legs, steamed crabs right NOW, hee hee!)
Professor Chaos

Marcus Hook, PA

#70 Mar 13, 2009
Pachacutec wrote:
<quoted text> No I haven't, but I'll check it out.(goodness, now I'm wanting a crab cake, crab legs, steamed crabs right NOW, hee hee!)
Hello Pachacutec, how have you been? Crab for breakfast? There's a place just down the road that serves a crab \ broccoli and hollandaise omelet. Sounds like killer cholesterol but if you ask them for the sauce on the side you can be your own executioner if you know what I mean.

Since: Mar 07

Bethlehem, PA

#71 Mar 13, 2009
Pachacutec wrote:
<quoted text> No I haven't, but I'll check it out.(goodness, now I'm wanting a crab cake, crab legs, steamed crabs right NOW, hee hee!)

Well this place will definitely hook you up!

http://www.harriscrabhouse.com/

Depending on when you go, there may be a wait for a table, but after you give them your name, you can stroll down to the "Red Eye Dock Bar" for an "aperitif" or two.
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#72 Mar 13, 2009
Professor Chaos wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Pachacutec, how have you been? Crab for breakfast? There's a place just down the road that serves a crab \ broccoli and hollandaise omelet. Sounds like killer cholesterol but if you ask them for the sauce on the side you can be your own executioner if you know what I mean.
Crab omlets, oh yeah. The Silver Diner chain restaurant has a crab and corn omlet which is pretty good. They also have an egg benedict w/ a crabcake on top which is surprisingly good. Amazing what you can do with those ugly little critters, isn't it?
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#73 Mar 13, 2009
Dennis Mac wrote:
<quoted text>
Well this place will definitely hook you up!
http://www.harriscrabhouse.com/
Depending on when you go, there may be a wait for a table, but after you give them your name, you can stroll down to the "Red Eye Dock Bar" for an "aperitif" or two.
Thanks for the link, they sound great! When we're on that side of the Bridge we're usually on our way to Ocean City and eat at a crab place out there (Watermans, Hoopers); but I'll keep this place in mind.
Mr Mackey

Marcus Hook, PA

#74 Mar 16, 2009
Pachacutec wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for the link, they sound great! When we're on that side of the Bridge we're usually on our way to Ocean City and eat at a crab place out there (Watermans, Hoopers); but I'll keep this place in mind.
Captain's Galley 2 has the best Crab Cakes in OC.
Cathey

Newark, NJ

#75 Sep 10, 2012
Mr Mackey wrote:
<quoted text>
Captain's Galley 2 has the best Crab Cakes in OC.
absolutely, maybe the best in Maryland! Although I would like a little more seasoning(old bay) for my taste otherwise this is our fav resturant in oc md
Cathey

Newark, NJ

#76 Sep 10, 2012
Cathey wrote:
<quoted text> absolutely, maybe the best in Maryland! Although I would like a little more seasoning(old bay) for my taste otherwise this is our fav resturant in oc md
I was referring to captains galley in Oc md
Say no to GMOs

Allentown, PA

#77 Sep 10, 2012
Cathey wrote:
<quoted text> I was referring to captains galley in Oc md
We've been there several times and enjoy their crab cakes. WELSH'S in Fenwick Island, Delaware, is pretty good too. I love Harpoon Hannah's also, but their crab cakes have just a bit more filler in them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seafood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama withdraws Alaska's Bristol Bay from drilling 8 hr Dr Wu 3
Stray cat sneaks into airport deli, enjoys expe... Dec 15 DILF 4
The effects of the BP oil spill on Las Vegas (Jun '10) Dec 12 PeterRussell 4
Robert St. John: Living in Mississippi is somet... Dec 5 PlanC 1
Playful St. Pete: City of culture, city of fun Dec 1 Liberal forever 5
African Sushi: Mountainous Fish Farm Links Leso... Nov 26 Tlepere 5
MSU Chef Wins Trip to France with Seafood Stew Nov 25 wacejacke 1
More from around the web