Looking for Cajun flavor? Try Boyd

Jul 11, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Star-telegram.com

BUD KENNEDY bud@star-telegram.com A Houston chef left a cush private club.And landed in - Wise County?Chef Kraig Thome left Houston to open a Cajun seafood restaurant in Boyd.The name is Gogo Gumbo, but it's ...

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 34 of34
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Taylor

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

I do believe from personal experience and eating at the restaurant it is the best seafood around for the most reasonable price. I have recently moved and have wanted to get the gumbo shipped to me. It is a shame not all people know about the restaurant. Great atmosphere along with the byob it cant be beat. Upon meeting the chef and giving him my compliments I expected an arrogant aura from him as he has come from an upscale restaurant in Houston but was happily greeted with a sense of thank you for my compliments and felt as if my words were truly appreciated by Kraig Thome. Great Restaurant
tom

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

We had the Shrimp cakes on Friday night. They were soooo good. Our friends are at the gogo gumbo cooking school tonight. They have been 3 different times. This place is awsome!!!
Greg

Keller, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2009

The cooking classes are wonderful. Truly a great experience and will definitely do again.
stacey

Roanoke, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2009

I grew up in Boyd and Gogo Gumbo is by far the best Restraunt that has ever been here. My family just tried it about 2 months ago. We eat there almost once a week. The food is great. WE have tried probably 10 different things on the menu and they were all good. My favorite has to be the gogo salad and add blackend chicken. I love that they do not use Boyd water when you get water. I tell everyone I know they need to eat there. I just hope they dont move out of the area. We have been so much that the waitress knows us. If you go ask for Karla she is great.
Becky Mc

Weatherford, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2009

We're going to try Go Go Gumbo tonight. I am from South West Louisiana and it's hard to beat my gumbo. If Go Go comes close then this little restaurant will see a great deal of me. I also work for a magazine and you never know... if it's good enough we might be able to convince the editor to do a review.
Diane Hurst- TX

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2009

I've been three times since I first heard about it in November through a friend. I asked my friend if she had any suggestions where to take my aunt that was visiting. I wanted a different and good place to go. Our first trip was quite an experience. My aunt & I had the best blackened shrimp I've ever had. Normally I have to doctor the shrimp up with sauce, but this was so darn tasty that you didn't want anything on it. We had the bread pudding with whiskey carmel sauce that nearly finished us off for sure. It was absolutely the best ever. On my birthday we took our daughter and son-in-law and our best friends. Our friends said it was definitely worth the trip. I would highly recommended this to anyone and as mentioned before - it will be worth the trip.
Kasey

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

misty wrote:
i need to know how many miles from boyd texas to houston texas please
Houston is quite a ways away from Boyd. somewhere around 320... so like 5 and a half hours.

I do have the advantage of having Gogo in my hometown. Boyd is a great place.:)
Docia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

This is my favorite place ever!!! I eat at Go Go at least once a wk, I take all friends and family that travel out this way and everyone raves about the food, there is NOTHING but good food at this place, I recommend arriving early, they open at four, this is a popular place , small and intimate and definately worth the wait, you havent live until you eat at Go Go Gumbo!!!!!
Coors

Princeton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

You can byob. That is great.
Just posted on Guy Fieri

Azle, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

Guy needs to know about the famous gogo gumbo in Boyd,TX or maybe gogo gumbo needs to know about Guy Fieri.......... LOL

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

i love Cajun. thanks.
myredc6

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Just posted on Guy Fieri wrote:
Guy needs to know about the famous gogo gumbo in Boyd,TX or maybe gogo gumbo needs to know about Guy Fieri.......... LOL
Do not tell Guy. Its busy enough already. Let's keep it our secret
Cindy West Fort Worth

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

We had a birthday celebration at GoGo Gumbo tonight and WOW, everything was incredible from appetizers, to entrees, to dessert. Spot on fantastic. The Crab Dip with Garlic Toast and the Seafood Hushpuppies were wonderful, Several had the TV Dinner, I had the Crab Cakes which were bursting with crab, the gumbo was incredible, others had the salmon and the Seafood Rigatoni. Everything was wonderful, then came the desserts, that would defy any 4 star restaurant that you have been to. Beautifully prepared and tasted incredible. Our hats are off to the chef. A night that we will all remember. Get there early, we didn't have a long wait, and it was well worth the drive.
Fort Worth foodie

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

We drove a long way. The food is superior....and one server brought out soy sauce by hooking his finger around the spout and our waitress repeatedly grabbed our teas by the rim of the glass. Sorry: the EEEW outweighs the ahhhhs. Just repulsive. You should know better, you are hotel-trained! it wa just gross. I am afraid we are done.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 34 of34
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••