Many restaurant openings planned in S...

Many restaurant openings planned in Stamford

There are 48 comments on the Stamford Advocate story from Jun 3, 2008, titled Many restaurant openings planned in Stamford. In it, Stamford Advocate reports that:

Aria Restaurant, which will serve Italian cuisine, will open this week on Washington Boulevard in Stamford.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Stamford Advocate.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Louuuuuuu

AOL

#1 Jun 3, 2008
And there is a major restaurant opening at Target ground level, Houlihan's, this summer.
DBR

Frisco, TX

#2 Jun 4, 2008
Houlihan's - good food, but expensive
Harry

Baltimore, MD

#3 Jun 4, 2008
I love Houlihan's!
John M

United States

#4 Jun 4, 2008
What kind of restaurant is Houlihans, what type food?
Yikes

Stamford, CT

#5 Jun 4, 2008
Hmm. Aria sounds like it's using a tired formula (Buffalo mozzarella? Really?). Barcelona will be a home run, no doubt - and it will be an exciting addition to Stamford. I am interested to see what EOS will offer: higher end Greek? Diner Greek? I hope both Layla's and Garden Catering are successful in their new locations.

“NWO Abolitioners”

Since: May 08

Alnitak, Alnilam And Mintaka

#6 Jun 4, 2008
Your almost there Stamford, pretty soon, Stamford wont resemble America at all; just one big Europe. I call it "New Europe".
Rocky

United States

#7 Jun 4, 2008
Knottie wrote:
Your almost there Stamford, pretty soon, Stamford wont resemble America at all; just one big Europe. I call it "New Europe".
Yeah, NO, NOT EVEN close!!!!
greeny

United States

#8 Jun 4, 2008
all the food in stamford and as far as i am concerned its' all lousy

“NWO Abolitioners”

#9 Jun 6, 2008
...said the foreigner.
Rocky wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, NO, NOT EVEN close!!!!
Home of the Crooks

Parsippany, NJ

#10 Jun 6, 2008
greeny wrote:
Stamford is lousy.
Who can afford to eat out all time?
Bare opinion

United States

#11 Jun 6, 2008
I do wonder how many more restaurants the city can support. Bedford Avenue is looking pretty vacant right now. WHy did La HAcienda and the seafood place close? Lack of business? Prices? Houlihans is lousy overpriced corporate food. One thing Stamford IS known for is lousy food at expensive prices. I have no problem with 20 dollar entries if I feel I am getting quality for the money. Sadly, that is not the case with most of the places in town that charge those prices. Laylas is great, reasonably priced, and healthy. I wish them well.
MMMMMMMMM

United States

#12 Jun 6, 2008
What are you guys talking about? Stamford has some of the best restaurants in the State. All chain restaurants blow!! Get out and try some of the smaller places and some that aren't in downtown.

“NWO Abolitioners”

#13 Jun 6, 2008
You must've been drunk. Think about it...had you been drinking; or maybe you skipped lunch that day, and you know...you were really hungry. On the other hand you kind of sound like you might have a personal interest, like a chef/owner of one of these...establishments.
MMMMMMMMM wrote:
What are you guys talking about? Stamford has some of the best restaurants in the State. All chain restaurants blow!! Get out and try some of the smaller places and some that aren't in downtown.
MMMMMMM

United States

#14 Jun 7, 2008
Knottie wrote:
You must've been drunk. Think about it...had you been drinking; or maybe you skipped lunch that day, and you know...you were really hungry. On the other hand you kind of sound like you might have a personal interest, like a chef/owner of one of these...establishments.<quo ted text>
Listen Balloon Knot, If I had listed a restaurant name, maybe your drivel would mean something. Once again, the crazies are abound. Quiet before we send another power jolt to the south end for you!!! Listen for the barking dogs everybody!!!
Bare opinion

United States

#15 Jun 7, 2008
There are some great small restuarants. I did mention one. There are a few others. But the rest of them are geared for yuppies too lazy to go into NYC but still willing to pay those inflated prices.
Huh

Roslyn Heights, NY

#16 Jun 8, 2008
La Hacienda closed because it was terrible. As in rotten fruit in their sangria type of terrible. There are some very good restaurants but a lot of the ones that used to be good have gone downhill. I remember when Villa Italian on east main was dive. Now theyve *attempted* to go upscale, requiring reservations..but the food has gone from excellent to mediocre. We stopped going after our 3rd disappointment. Napa & Co is excellent but who can afford to eat there? Houlihans isnt that like Fridays? Um, eew?
Brian

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Jun 17, 2008
This city can support as many restaurants as the disposable income it can hold. I would assume that with the upscale housing that is being built there will be many restaurants that will come and go. We will vote with our dollars and the good will come with the bad, but we will still have more choices than many towns in the area. Can yuppies still be used as an argument anymore? Do they even exist? I thought this was about supply and demand.
Carmine

Broad Brook, CT

#18 Jul 27, 2008
Good stuff here:

http://dineview.com/search.fwx...

youse guys should read it.
lovestamford

East Meadow, NY

#19 Jul 31, 2008
greeny wrote:
then stay your ass in meriden
CtMC

Boston, MA

#20 Jul 31, 2008
Brian wrote:
This city can support as many restaurants as the disposable income it can hold. I would assume that with the upscale housing that is being built there will be many restaurants that will come and go. We will vote with our dollars and the good will come with the bad, but we will still have more choices than many towns in the area. Can yuppies still be used as an argument anymore? Do they even exist? I thought this was about supply and demand.
THANK YOU!

I am so sick of people using the term "yuppie". It means young urban professional which to me is really a compliment with little negative conotation. By definition, that is me, but I am not the rich, cocky, suit wearing jerk that most of you complainers like to call "yuppies". Terms like that just make you look angry, petty and quite frankly... stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seafood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boathouse Grill opens in south Fort Myers (Sep '10) May 15 Tommy naples 43
Cheaper alternatives to seafood restaurants May 13 Starving marvin 1
News Edgartown fisherman will open new fish market i... May 4 Linda 1
News Captain D's Now Open in Franklin North Carolina (Nov '15) Apr '16 Crockett 4
News California bans commercial crab fishing due to ... Mar '16 who the terrorist 1
News Hawaiian luau recipe: Poke in wonton cups Mar '16 Elise Gingerich 1
News New York restaurants near Lincoln Center Mar '16 Comrade Deblowzio 2
More from around the web