Fla. man dies after being infected by bacteria from river
Henry "Butch" Konietzky, 59, died last Monday after being infected with Vibrio vulnificus , a bacteria that belongs in the same family as cholera that lives in warm, saltwater bodies, CBS affiliate WKMG in Orlando, Fla.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.
#1 Oct 1, 2013
In comparison to the other articles that were written, this is a step up in information
#2 Oct 2, 2013
Was down by the river the other day, been what a week or so since the 'Coastwatch Cleanup'? Well the soap foam washing up on shore and all the used plastic water bottles, beer cans, empty crack bags, Styrofoam bits, old fishing line & hooks, blunt wrappers, etc. should of given anyone a clue as to not go into the Halifax River without hip boots.
I haven't been in since the mid 70's.
The brown tinge to the water say's it all.
Add your comments below
|Weird 25 mins ago 9:07 a.m.Yellow lobster joins...||Sep 4||VP Mullah Elect P...||2|
|Westport Gets A New Chef-Driven Restaurant With...||Aug '17||BPT||1|
|Bridgeport Transitions: Mr. Crab||Aug '17||BPT||1|
|Ondine, new restaurant in Belfast, to feature l...||Aug '17||Mike Silverton||1|
|Farm-to-plate restaurant to set up shop in Quak... (Mar '17)||Jul '17||Local||28|
|Bacteria infection, from swimming in Rappahanno...||Jul '17||Nancy||1|
|Kobe Steak and Seafood House: Gourmet steakhous... (May '09)||Jun '17||Gourmet farts||31|
Find what you want!
Search Seafood Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC