Glastonbury Bakery Dee's One Smart Cookie Specializes In Gluten...

Call it a case of one oven door closing and another opening. When professional baker Diane "Dee" Kittle was diagnosed with celiac disease in 2008, she thought her career was over. Full Story
Happiness

Plantsville, CT

#1 Apr 1, 2009
I am one of dee's very happy customers. Glastonbury is a little out of my way but the wonderful gluten free baked items make the trip well worth it. The breads, cupcakes and pizza are to die for!
Irv_Lonstein

Marlborough, CT

#2 Apr 2, 2009
Good for her, the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well in the US. See a problem, identify a solution and create an opportunity for yourself.

Unfortunately somebody in the legislature is reading this right now thinking of a way to tax this "huge market".
yummy

Middlebury, CT

#3 Apr 2, 2009
My son is one of those who until last December has not had a cupcake. We celebrated his birthday for the first time with the same treat for all. They were delicious! What a great service for all of us who struggle with this and other food challenges. Thanks Dee!!
Concerned Citizen

Clinton, CT

#4 Apr 2, 2009
I knew Beth many years ago and she has been such a wonderful answer to so many. Now we have Dee and I wish her the best in her new venture.
These two ladies are an answer to so many people. Bless you both.
gf mama

Windsor, CT

#5 Apr 2, 2009
what are their hours? the website is still under contruction!
Celiac mommy

United States

#6 Apr 2, 2009
My daughter was diagnosed at age 2 1/2 with CD. This is a great. Glastonbury isn't that far from us.(No, I don't live in Burlington, NC). Anyone have the address for this bakery? Thanks.
Here You Go

Guilford, CT

#7 Apr 2, 2009
Celiac mommy wrote:
My daughter was diagnosed at age 2 1/2 with CD. This is a great. Glastonbury isn't that far from us.(No, I don't live in Burlington, NC). Anyone have the address for this bakery? Thanks.
www.deesonesmartcookie.com
AMcG

Weston, MA

#8 Apr 2, 2009
I think this is wonderful- I too, haven't enjoyed baked products for a long time. I look forward to trying this shop. Looking forward to find ing the address and store hours.
Earl

Rocky Hill, CT

#9 Apr 2, 2009
Thanks to Dee, I can finally enjoy baked goods without them exploding out the other end like a fountain!
Reality Check

Hartford, CT

#10 Apr 2, 2009
What a great Lady and a wonderful story...good luck!
Brooke

Livingston Manor, NY

#11 Apr 2, 2009
Nice to see there are more healthy options out there...My mom can't have gluten so we will be stopping by...
Best of Luck!
Sasha

Chicago, IL

#13 Apr 3, 2009
This article just made my day! Thank you, Dee, for doing what you do, and making lives of many a little bit tastier :)
Renate Trautner

Redmond, WA

#14 Apr 6, 2009
The above article was of great value to me. I shared same with relatives and friends who will benefit from the glutenfree diet and Diane Kittle's description of the celiac disease. Thank you for printing this very educating report. I compliment Mrs. Kittle for coming forward and sharing this information which actually every Doctor should recognize.
Dee

Glastonbury, CT

#15 May 24, 2009
gf mama wrote:
what are their hours? the website is still under contruction!
I'm sorry our website is still under construction.We are so busy keeping up with demand that the website has had to take a place on the back burner. As of Memorial Day Weekend, we are changing our hours for the summer. Tuesday through Friday 9-6, Saturday 9-5, Closed on Sunday and Monday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Recipes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Meal delivery services aim to take the tedium o... Oct 16 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Little Bread Cuban Sandwich Co. to Open in Litt... Oct 13 Doc Caliban 1
For Tupelo transplant, food is all about local ... Oct 1 Fail 1
6 ways to repurpose a retired PC (Feb '14) Sep '14 Sheri23 2
Painless ways to save $826.05 (Nov '08) Sep '14 Sarcastic Student 3
Johnson's White Bear undergoes transformation Sep '14 zelder 1
Papa's favorite poison Sep '14 LindseyP 5

Recipes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE