Rhubarb crisp makes the most of sprin...

Rhubarb crisp makes the most of spring fruit

There are 1 comment on the TwinCities.com story from May 23, 2010, titled Rhubarb crisp makes the most of spring fruit. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

When you think of rhubarb, you probably think of strawberry-rhubarb pie, a quintessential spring dessert, especially if it's made by someone who makes good pies.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

L Berg

De Pere, WI

#1 May 24, 2010
This sounds really good. I am going to try it. My and my family's favorite way to eat rhubarb is to use the Betty Crocker Rhubarb Custard Pie recipe. I freeze rhubarb so we can have the pie when ever my kids "come home". they are the third generation eating this.

I use another MN product for the crust. Altohugh I live in another state now. I learned at my mother's knee to use local products. Pillsbury crust is easy and getting better all the time. Mom was super gardener, she said not to pick rhubarb after the 4th of July.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How to make a Hess's Strawberry Pie (Jun '09) Jul 2 nancywatson123 62
News A Slice of Pie - Rolla, MO Feb '15 citizenofrolla 1
News South of Chicago heads north of Indianapolis (Mar '14) Jan '15 Former Chicagoan 2
News Frozen apple pie is a Big Island favorite Jan '15 lanigirl 1
News Full holiday menu for Obamas, plus 6 pies (Nov '14) Nov '14 inbred Genius 33
News Full holiday menu for Obamas, plus 6 pies (Nov '14) Nov '14 Hooogle It 1
News Life of pie (Feb '08) Nov '14 almadenmike 9
More from around the web