Domino's boldly admits its pizza was ...

Domino's boldly admits its pizza was awful | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 48 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jan 12, 2010, titled Domino's boldly admits its pizza was awful | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

For a pizza joint, it's a bold move to tell customers your crust tasted like cardboard and your sauce was like ketchup.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Big Hank

Cleveland, OH

#41 Jan 13, 2010
Rachel wrote:
I hope dominoes doesn't listen to few fools! Dominoes has always been my favorite crust and pizza by far. I used to look forward to going to my grandma's and she would buy me a dominoes pizza with straight up pepperoni. Please don't screw up your pizza.
Sorry Rachel, but living in Anchorage obviously has you in a pizza-deprived depression. Domino's was a great 12-pack chaser when money was extremely tight (as noted above). Maybe it is the childhood memories of spending time with your grandmother as opposed to the quality of the pizza? Anyway, hope your taste buds return to you some day!! ;-)
Angry Young American

Columbus, OH

#42 Jan 13, 2010
What, no love for Dante's Pizza in Clintonville?
Big Hank

Cleveland, OH

#43 Jan 13, 2010
Angry Young American wrote:
What, no love for Dante's Pizza in Clintonville?
Never been there - what pie do you recommend from there?
Angry Young American

Columbus, OH

#44 Jan 13, 2010
Big Hank wrote:
<quoted text>
Never been there - what pie do you recommend from there?
Everything with anchovies would be a good start.
Big Hank

Cleveland, OH

#45 Jan 13, 2010
Angry Young American wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything with anchovies would be a good start.
Ooh - as Bill Cosby said, "No anchovies, please!!" Not a pineapple guy either. If I wanted a foo-foo pizza, I would go to that anti-pizza California Pizza Kitchen. They should have the word "pizza" stripped from their name!
Sterling Silver

Columbus, OH

#46 Jan 13, 2010
Ok, I am one of the few who liked the old Domino's. As long as it was just pep. We got one of the new ones, and it about made us all sick, as there was WAY too much garlic on it. My wife can't handle garlic at all, and it was a wonder she didn't yak it back up. IMHO how to take an ok product and muck it up. Companies just can't leave their product alone. And people are way too fickle. Find something you like and stick with it. Ok I'm boring I admit it. But that's how I am. And pizza places: put your toppings on top of the cheese, not under it. That's about the grossest thing you can do is put toppings under cheese, especially pep. The grease has to have a chance to boil off a little, and it can't do that under cheese. Ok, done pizza ranting now.
James

Columbus, OH

#47 Jan 13, 2010
Rachel wrote:
I hope dominoes doesn't listen to few fools! Dominoes has always been my favorite crust and pizza by far. I used to look forward to going to my grandma's and she would buy me a dominoes pizza with straight up pepperoni. Please don't screw up your pizza.
Speaking of fools learn how to spell. It is Domino's fool.
Big Hank

Cleveland, OH

#48 Jan 13, 2010
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of fools learn how to spell. It is Domino's fool.
Ah, she was thinking fondly of the game she used to play with dear old grannie before she passed on. But c'mon "straight up pepperoni"?? I got yer straight up pepperoni, Rachel. You think like a bartender - straight up?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Baker works late nights making Wyoming's most p... (May '16) May '16 tgavac 1
News HESS RECIPES: Hess's Strawberry Pie Recipes (Jun '09) Mar '16 Ex Hess Patio Baker 4
News Food Fight: Aretha Franklin Is Launching a Line... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Seflerinmutfagi 1
News January 14 Vallejo A&E Source Restaurant Review... (Jan '16) Jan '16 deliciousdessert 2
News HemetHEMET: Popular Marie Callender's restauran... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Law abiding citizen 3
News Beyond Pumpkin: Westchester Bakeries Feature Va... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Elise In Greenville 1
News Sweet potato pies go hot off Walmart shelves (Nov '15) Nov '15 Elise In Greenville 1
More from around the web