Cooked veggies vs. Raw

Since: Jun 13

Lima, Peru

#1 Jun 27, 2013
Was looking at this site http://www.healthaliciousness.com/nutritionfa... where you can put in most foods and find it's nutritional label, and found that cooked sweet potato has more nutrients than raw.

Anyone can confirm this? I checked some other veggies, and it says that cooked spinach has more nutrients than raw as well, while beets are the opposite.

Is this site bunk?
Bree

Grants Pass, OR

#2 Jul 10, 2013
I don't know about sweet potatoes. But I was told that spinach has oxalic acid that can keep your body from absorbing nutrients. This doesn't mean that you can't eat raw spinach though. All things in moderation.
shailluis

Moradabad, India

#3 Jul 3, 2014
i like cooked veggies

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Organic Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Wheaton taco eatery offers locally grown or... (Nov '15) May 7 West Garfield Man 6
Organic food is a SCAM!!! (Aug '09) Mar '18 WHOLE FEEDS 133
Support Local NOT franchise (Sep '17) Mar '18 WHOLE FEEDS 2
Harvest Farms Organic? Who are they? (Apr '08) Feb '18 mrsdig57 117
Sidr honey is truly holistic. (Apr '14) Feb '18 jackreacher 9
News Police Investigating Shooting At Minneapolis Ci... Dec '17 The Elk Hunter 26
News Fresh ordered deliveries - bringing whole, orga... (Aug '15) Dec '17 Food for Thought 4