Organic food is a SCAM!!!
Kelly

Noble Park, Australia

#104 Sep 9, 2012
I'm sorry, but I used to be a sucker for the organic trend.
I got cancer at 25 years old, a very rare one that effects less than 1% of the US population. I ate healthy organic food. Doctors don't know what caused it, and neither do I, but cancer just happens. I'm sure half of you don't even know what cancer is.

You all talk about dying of cardiovascular disease, heart attacks, cancer, these are ALL scary things, but organic food is not going to stop that from happening to you or your family. Get real. We all have to die of something. One of the fathers of organic food died at 72 after stating he was going to live to over a 100.

I survived cancer, and I'm lucky, but one day, I'm going to get something else and die, but I'm glad I didn't waste my life and my money buying food that is over priced, with no additional benefit whatsoever. Organic food uses pesticides, just not "synthetic" ones. They are still chemicals, and most are toxic at high doses. Please get a grip on reality and what's good for your life and your family.

The advancement in food is a wonderful thing, it could see the end of starvation, stop being a snob and think about the bigger picture. A happy world full of very happy stomachs. You are still going to die and get disease eating organic food, I am living proof and so are many people.
No GMOs

Allentown, PA

#105 Sep 9, 2012
The advancement of food is not wonderful when they genetically alter a natural food. Although carrots started out as yellow, blue and purple in their natural state; that was the least of manipulating a natural food. Today, it's much more extreme. By genetically altering natural foods today, world wide corporations like Monsanto, are compromising are health. These foods were meant to be as they are. I don't know of anyone who believes that eating organic will prevent cancer, or any disease for that matter, but eating wholesome untainted foods will help to keep you healthier. Pesticide and toxic chemicals are a serious issue in our world. Our environment is loaded with them. That doesn't mean that organic food is pure, but it's still better then consuming foods that are deliberately tainted with pesticides and toxic chemicals in the attempt to preserve them longer. The companies that do this don't care about your health, but production and profits. It's up to us, the consumer, to always be alert and cautious to what is in the food that we are eating. It's essential to everyone's well-being and health. There are many types of cancers, some more resistant and deadly. Some types of cancers can be hereditary. A woman I worked with lost her husband to some form of cancer. He previously had lost 2 brothers and a father to this cancer. She told me that he was trim, jogged, ate healthy, would have an apple and yogurt every day for lunch, yet he still died of this deadly cancer. Everyone's immune system is different, too. Some people are lucky and go through life without ever becoming seriously ill. The best defense, since we can't know exactly how resistant our own immune systems will, is to consume the most natural foods possible. To live as healthy a lifestyle as possible. Not just good wholesome food, but living as stress-free as possible, getting rid of negative thoughts, etc. Wholesome natural food is just one of several ways to help keep us healthy and possibly avoid disease, but there is never a 100% guarantee on anything in this life. I'd rather eat wholesome natural food - 100% certified organic food, then risk eating anything else.
mcicarella

Columbus, OH

#106 Feb 12, 2013
After reading through the postings on this website it was suprising to see how many people believe in something that they don't fully understand. Some say that genetically engineered food is bad for you.or foods with pesticides. Some feel that organic food is just a waste of money and there is scientific research to back up what is being said. Of you believe in either one why not bsse your opinions on your own research instead of someone elses. There is a reson why so many people have tested the theory and come up woth a variety of results. Everyone is so focused on the beginning product instead of the entire makeup of ones diet. It's not whether the food is organic or non organic that is killing people it's the combination of foods that one eats. The term an apple a day keeps the doctor away can only apply to eating healthy. Not eating the apple then raiding the cuboard for a bag of chips. Did anyone ever stop to wonder how the human race has survived for over 200, 000 years? Surely they didn't have pesticides then or even know how to grow crops. Our species has survived simply because of rhe advancements that we have made over the millenias. We survive because of medical advancements and food advancements which many people in this world exploit. So when one sees the deaths of others from cancer, obesity, or heart disease its not just because they ate only pesticide food or organic food. Eating organic food doesn't stop someone from believing in medicine when they get sick and eating foods treated with non organic pesticides doesn't stop them from being healthy. Other factors play into these to ideals. Believing in this would be like saying eating ice cream on a hot day and drowning is related. There is more than just those two variables to theresulting outcome.
WaitAMinuteHere

Boston, MA

#107 Feb 21, 2013
Organic food tastes way better too... and isnt filled with nasty chemicals

Try eating raspberries that arent organic... they taste like candy and chemicals combined...

Then try organic raspberries.... Im sure you will change your mind
WaitAMinuteHere

Boston, MA

#108 Feb 21, 2013
And I never post on forums... but its true, organic is better tasting... just gross chemicals in the food
mark

Buffalo, NY

#109 Mar 15, 2013
You have alot of false stements in there. You probably spray your lawn with pesticides and let your pets and kids run freely on them.
Amanda Fielding

Cork, Ireland

#110 Apr 5, 2013
NoamChimpsky wrote:
You want to know the only real difference between organic food and regular food? Organic food costs a lot more. People seem to think it's common knowledge that organic food is "healthier" than regular food.........not true at all. In fact, it may even be less healthy. Studies have found that there are no health benefits to organic food at all, and it's also nearly impossible to detect a difference in the taste. Nutrients and minerals in fruits come from the soil. Whether or not the plant is organic has nothing to do with that. Plus, organic food may be LESS healthy because it's less resistant to harmful molds and bacteria that can grow on plants and vegetables.
First of all, the brainwashed hippies claim that pesticides are killing us. This is completely false. NOT ONE SINGLE death or case of cancer has ever been directly linked to consuming pesticides on fruits and vegetables. Besides, it's not like we're going around using DDT anymore. They have developed much safer pesticides that aren't harmful to us and don't stay in the system very long. Plus most pesticide residue can be easily rinsed off before you eat the fruit or vegetable. Also, let's not forget, organic doesn't mean "no pesticides". Plenty of organic farmers use pesticides. In many cases, they would lose their entire crop if they didn't. It's actually really stupid NOT to use pesticides.
And what about genetically modified foods? It seems people have no idea what the term even means. All it means is manipulating the genes at a cellular level. So we can take a tomato cell, for example, and then insert a frost-resistant gene from a pea plant that might be resistant to cold weather. Now that tomato would have no other characteristics of a pea, the only thing they would now have in common is that they both are more resistant to frost. The tomato won't taste or look anything like a pea. Now this is just an example I made up off the top of my head, but it still proves my point. Genetically modified foods are not "franken-foods", it's just good science.
And as for the environment, organic food is HORRIBLE. For one, there's no possible way to feed the entire world with organic food. Too many crops wouldn't survive, and it takes a lot more land to grow organic than regular food. Plus organic has to be fertilized with cow shit, so it would take an awful lot of cow shit to fertilize all the world's organic farms. And everyone knows that cattle farming is bad for the environment as well because they require so much land.
All in all, organic food is scam that is in no way healthier.
Thought you might be interested in this article which supports your claim in that there are no “material differences” between the bioengineered food and traditionally grown plants http://www.healthline.com/health-news/policy-...
Vera

Schenectady, NY

#111 May 19, 2013
Hi everyone,
I'm an organic person who had IBS for years and then
one day I started doing some internet research and finally figured it out that it was the horrible food I was eating and started eating organic food and taking 5 capsules every morning of Renew Life triple organic fiber and I've had no IBS ever since and I feel fantastic I'm so happy I finally got relief I suffered for many years with IBS sometimes I couldn't even leave my house, so I know it works for me.
paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#113 May 28, 2013
NoamChimpsky wrote:
You want to know the only real difference between organic food and regular food? Organic food costs a lot more. People seem to think it's common knowledge that organic food is "healthier" than regular food.........not true at all. In fact, it may even be less healthy. Studies have found that there are no health benefits to organic food at all, and it's also nearly impossible to detect a difference in the taste. Nutrients and minerals in fruits come from the soil. Whether or not the plant is organic has nothing to do with that. Plus, organic food may be LESS healthy because it's less resistant to harmful molds and bacteria that can grow on plants and vegetables.
First of all, the brainwashed hippies claim that pesticides are killing us. This is completely false. NOT ONE SINGLE death or case of cancer has ever been directly linked to consuming pesticides on fruits and vegetables. Besides, it's not like we're going around using DDT anymore. They have developed much safer pesticides that aren't harmful to us and don't stay in the system very long. Plus most pesticide residue can be easily rinsed off before you eat the fruit or vegetable. Also, let's not forget, organic doesn't mean "no pesticides". Plenty of organic farmers use pesticides. In many cases, they would lose their entire crop if they didn't. It's actually really stupid NOT to use pesticides.
And what about genetically modified foods? It seems people have no idea what the term even means. All it means is manipulating the genes at a cellular level. So we can take a tomato cell, for example, and then insert a frost-resistant gene from a pea plant that might be resistant to cold weather. Now that tomato would have no other characteristics of a pea, the only thing they would now have in common is that they both are more resistant to frost. The tomato won't taste or look anything like a pea. Now this is just an example I made up off the top of my head, but it still proves my point. Genetically modified foods are not "franken-foods", it's just good science.
And as for the environment, organic food is HORRIBLE. For one, there's no possible way to feed the entire world with organic food. Too many crops wouldn't survive, and it takes a lot more land to grow organic than regular food. Plus organic has to be fertilized with cow shit, so it would take an awful lot of cow shit to fertilize all the world's organic farms. And everyone knows that cattle farming is bad for the environment as well because they require so much land.
All in all, organic food is scam that is in no way healthier.
......maybe so..maybe...
Vera

Schenectady, NY

#114 May 28, 2013
paul SHYKORA arts wrote:
<quoted text>......maybe so..maybe...
I don't believe organic food is a SCAM, I read alot about our food and I believe organic food is pure and good.
Anonymous

Kenya

#115 May 31, 2013
Am amazed at the amount of ignorance from some people, even with the rise of cases of cancer diabetes and such? when will peoples eyes open? Chemicals in food are undoubtedly linked to the many diseases were trying to fight off. Just ask yourself a dumb old question...Why were our grandfathers not dying from this concoction of illnesses? Why were they living to a ripe old age with no health issues? We hit 50 and all hell breaks loose? this same science you're trying to defend is the root cause of all our troubles :-(
Vera

Schenectady, NY

#116 Jun 9, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Am amazed at the amount of ignorance from some people, even with the rise of cases of cancer diabetes and such? when will peoples eyes open? Chemicals in food are undoubtedly linked to the many diseases were trying to fight off. Just ask yourself a dumb old question...Why were our grandfathers not dying from this concoction of illnesses? Why were they living to a ripe old age with no health issues? We hit 50 and all hell breaks loose? this same science you're trying to defend is the root cause of all our troubles :-(
Thank God someone agrees with me and you got that right our Grandparents lived to be quite old, I just turned 64 years old and had someone tell me that I looked 25 years old that's because I take care our my health and eat organic.
YoursTruly

Los Angeles, CA

#118 Jun 20, 2013
This article is crap. Don't brainwash good people you brainwashed troll.. Have a good day!
SayNoToGmos
Jeff Aldon

Everett, WA

#119 Jun 21, 2013
Ha, awesome, thanks for the entertaining read. If you need to wear a hazmat suit when handling chemicals that you want to spray on my food, I don't want it sprayed on my food.
It amazes me

Brooklyn, NY

#120 Jun 22, 2013
We now live in a country full of people looking for free government hand outs insted of getting a job and making your own way. Every one is brainwashed into thinking that everyone else is doing it so it must be true. Just like the bs that all skinny people are healthy and all fat people are obese and have heart disease and are making the medical system cost more. People stop believing in things you have no clue about and get off your ass and do some real research in sted of taking the work of some bs report you read on line to make you feel happy. You want to know something athletes have a higher chance of dieing young then people who do not abuse there bodies every day, food is food we need it to stay alive. I just went down the line reading every post that was put on here and realized that most these Idiots are blinded by there own beliefs they want to believe that organic for is better for them, they want to believe they have control over there life's there like the people who blindly drink diet sota to loose weight even though the sota is what making them keep the weight on. I hope someday are country will wake up and take personal responsibility for your lives and stop blaming and controling others.
Klaus

Everett, WA

#121 Jul 24, 2013
It amazes me wrote:
We now live in a country full of people looking for free government hand outs insted of getting a job and making your own way. Every one is brainwashed into thinking that everyone else is doing it so it must be true. Just like the bs that all skinny people are healthy and all fat people are obese and have heart disease and are making the medical system cost more. People stop believing in things you have no clue about and get off your ass and do some real research in sted of taking the work of some bs report you read on line to make you feel happy. You want to know something athletes have a higher chance of dieing young then people who do not abuse there bodies every day, food is food we need it to stay alive. I just went down the line reading every post that was put on here and realized that most these Idiots are blinded by there own beliefs they want to believe that organic for is better for them, they want to believe they have control over there life's there like the people who blindly drink diet sota to loose weight even though the sota is what making them keep the weight on. I hope someday are country will wake up and take personal responsibility for your lives and stop blaming and controling others.
Spelling errors aside, your comment is mostly confusing. First you say people need to stop believing everything they hear, and then you say people shouldn't believe that organic is better for them, comparing them to people who drink diet soda to lose weight even though the soda is making them keep the weight on - alluding to the chemical reaction that happens in your body from the artificial sweeteners in diet soda. How can you believe the chemical sweeteners are bad for you but not believe chemical pesticides and fertilizers aren't bad for you?

You then go on to say you hope people will wake up and take responsibility for themselves. Wouldn't someone who researches the benefits of organic food be one of those people taking responsibility for themselves?
OhZone

New Port Richey, FL

#122 Jul 24, 2013
Until well after WWII ALL our food was "organic".
Chemical pesticides and artificial fertilizers did not appear until the late 1940's.
Food was plentiful, our grain storage silos were full.
We grew up on "Raw" milk.
We (the US) were the bread basket of the world.
We needed Nothing from any other country.

People growing up during that time are living into their late 80's and 90's. The generation born from the 70's on will likely not live long enough to collect Social Security.

Check out this site:
http://www.hundredyearlie.com/
Quote from same:
Why are studies showing that 12% of American couples are unable to conceive?

Why are studies showing that the number of children being born with both male and female sex organs tripled in the last decade?

Why is the incidence of testicular cancer in 2000 four times higher than 1950?

Why are more and more men seeking breast-reduction surgery as a result of drinking tap water?

Why is the U.S. spending more than twice as much on health care than any other industrialized nation?
John Timmermans

London, Canada

#123 Sep 1, 2013
Organic farming as they want all farmers to do is #1)greenpeace is interfering with farmers. As the population gets higher by the day therefore we need more food. Don't ever believe that organic food is better, it is worse. It's a scam they are trying to manipulate the consumer and they want them to pay a much higher price. We did all that 100 years ago because there was no fertilizer, there was no spray. We did grow a lot of weeds. Corn yields at best yielded 75 bu per acre, wheat at best only 35 bu per acre. Then came in fertilizes and sprays and we grow 200 bu corn and 100 bu wheat per acre. While we have hungry people on this earth we should never decrease our yields.
John Timmermans

London, Canada

#124 Sep 1, 2013
Vera wrote:
<quoted text>Thank God someone agrees with me and you got that right our Grandparents lived to be quite old, I just turned 64 years old and had someone tell me that I looked 25 years old that's because I take care our my health and eat organic.
You have got this all wrong. They have manipulated you in paying double the price for junk food. Organic means no fertilizer or sprays can be used on crops. We farmed like that 100 years ago and we grew a lot of weeds and lousy bad yielding crops. If you buy organic apples you are buying worms. If we don't spray for weeds and pest we grow bad crops very poor quality and full of incects and that is what you would get is bad organic food and an empty wallet. take it from me it's a scam, they are after your money.
Joe

Raeford, NC

#125 Jun 1, 2014
Adriana Mather wrote:
I was addicted to crack cocaine in the mid 90s and i would do anyhing for a fix. I was low on cash and my health was failing due to a botched operation involving my kidney sale. I only had roller blades and a mexican blanket to my name. I was beat and burdened. Taut and troubled was alone and looking for answers that's when I decided to get pregnant. Being pregnant allowed me to reflect on some great amzing things like organic food
This was probably the funniest post supporting organic food on this blog!! I have think it might actually take away from the organic food fight lmao!! Way to go crackhead who sold a kidney then decided that it would be smart to bring a human being into this world. Go grab an organic coconut water!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Organic Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best online stores for organic foods (Feb '12) Aug 31 Daniel 16
News Fresh ordered deliveries - bringing whole, orga... Aug 29 Sun 1
Produce label with 6-digits food label (Dec '14) Aug 24 johnmarker 4
Organic skin care products, can you help? (Sep '11) Aug 24 johnmarker 38
Vote for an organic product Aug 24 johnmarker 3
Organic Meal Replacement Drink (Jul '09) Aug 24 johnmarker 48
Good Websites (Jan '12) Aug 23 Sarah 41
More from around the web