Organic food is a SCAM!!!
drew

Mount Pleasant, SC

#21 May 9, 2010
Adriana Mather wrote:
I was addicted to crack cocaine in the mid 90s and i would do anyhing for a fix. I was low on cash and my health was failing due to a botched operation involving my kidney sale. I only had roller blades and a mexican blanket to my name. I was beat and burdened. Taut and troubled was alone and looking for answers that's when I decided to get pregnant. Being pregnant allowed me to reflect on some great amzing things like organic food
thats messed up!!!
CareLes

Saint Michael, MN

#24 Jun 3, 2010
Organic does not mean anything since USDA hijacked the word.

Kraft and Dole are loving this.

Les
Kim

Pacifica, CA

#25 Jun 22, 2010
I wanted to get my family healthy, so we started eating only organic food. We have been doing it now for almost 5 months. I feel like we go broke every month in order to eat organic.
Chuck

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#27 Jun 24, 2010
Adriana Mather wrote:
I was addicted to crack cocaine in the mid 90s and i would do anyhing for a fix. I was low on cash and my health was failing due to a botched operation involving my kidney sale. I only had roller blades and a mexican blanket to my name. I was beat and burdened. Taut and troubled was alone and looking for answers that's when I decided to get pregnant. Being pregnant allowed me to reflect on some great amzing things like organic food
Really!:)
Chuck

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#28 Jun 24, 2010
Organic meat tastes better, you can still argue that pesticides are harmless to humans....

but.....

Organic farming is better for the water table. intensive farming loads the environment with chemicals, its better to have no chemicals rather than some chemicals, Organic cotton Farmers die from exposure. So think about what you leave behind aswell as what you put into your body.

what about organic eggs ? Dont eat eggs from unhealthy factory raised chickens,
Chuck

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#29 Jun 24, 2010
Bad Organic Food exists in the supermarkets, so its NOT always "better", but the potatos are quite good (consistant quality)

some super markets have organic food that is quite bad quality,

Asda sell good brocoli and their own band of chocolate
Chuck

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#30 Jun 24, 2010
Its true that marketing is TAPPED into to sell organic food,

organic myths ect.....

Take baby food for example (some chains carry ONLY organic baby food)

but is organic food really better?

YES

would the world starve if we grew only organic food?

NO (would you seriously beleve otherwise? you are niave)
Chuck

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#31 Jun 24, 2010
Chuck Norris eats organic food
Chuck

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#32 Jun 24, 2010
think about organic cotton
as a non beleaver you might not beleave it but...

%100 cotton T shirt's are actually an evironmental hazard

this is not some hippy shit, ALOT of chemicals gets sprayed to make that

AND if you wear that next to your skin, MAYBE (i dont know) BUT! see above

100% cotton T shirts leave behind alot of CHEMICALS!(if you dont beleave spend 5 mins reseacher this please)
Chuck

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#33 Jun 24, 2010
Organic meat can be bought DIRECT from a local farmer, for the same price as high street butchers.

in most towns
Chuck

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#34 Jun 24, 2010
WARNING!

low quality organic food for sale.

buyer beware
Chuck

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#35 Jun 24, 2010
NoamChimpsky wrote:
ORGANIC FOOD HAS PESTICIDES ON IT!! And here's the funny part.......they only use organic pesticides, which aren't nearly as effective, so they end up having the spray 3-4 times MORE pesticides than non-organic farmers! Damn, you people are such dupes!
If you are still here, tell me where you heard about this, can you give a source?

As an organic comsumer, i want to know!
j_bryant0913

Wichita, KS

#36 Jun 28, 2010
I too was skeptical about the benefits of organic food. I decided to try it for myself in order to make an educated decision. Some of it is more expensive yes, but just as with buying regular groceries, if you shop the sales and compare prices you can get organic food for the same price as non-organic. I came to find that when I replaced about half of my food with organic food instead (like organic peanut butter on organic crackers instead of eating the same thing but non-organic) I WAS healthier. I stopped getting bloated, my skin and hair and nails glowed, and I surprisingly felt better in general. Keep in mind that I wasn't looking for and therefore imagining every little change. It just happened and I observed it. Also I don't believe for a minute that organic food does not taste any different. I have noticed a fresher, richer taste in everything from milk, crackers, fresh vegetables, and even candy. Some things do not taste different, but at least you know they are better for you. I don't think it's fair that you are organic-bashing when you have not tried it yourself to see if there are benefits.
wildstrawberry

London, UK

#37 Jul 21, 2010
I found this interesting article in the Independent http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_sty...
and I particularly like:

...Richard Corrigan, an Irish chef who runs two central London restaurants, was even blunter.“As a professional cooking food for 33 years,” he said,“I can tell you that anyone who says organic food tastes worse than the stuff you get on a supermarket shelf needs to put his head in my deep-fat fryer.”...
Holly

Chicago, IL

#38 Jul 30, 2010
Thank you Chimpsky. I couldn't have said it better myself.
Victoria

Wilson, NC

#40 Sep 28, 2010
How is eating food in their natural state worse for you? Does that make any sense. For thousands of years people ate unprocessed foods and no one saw any diseases popping up out of no where. ITS THE UNORGANIC FOOD that has been overprocessed, chemically treated, hormone injected that is causing health isuues.
cristin

United States

#41 Sep 28, 2010
organic, is not a scam. It means products are grown and produced without chemicals. Like my body products...http://www.organics oapfactory.com

$4.85 for a vegan and organic ingredient soap not too shabby!!!

Use code 'Purple Plum' get 25% off your order. And 25 cents of each soap,goes to the Nature Conservancy. Check it out http://www.nature.org
cristin

United States

#42 Sep 28, 2010
Zooby

Alameda, CA

#43 Oct 8, 2010
The world would not starve if we all ate organic. The USA has so much goddamned corn we make freaking ethanol out of it. Now, is that something we would do if there was not enough food to go around? Noooope.
mbabbitt

Bothell, WA

#44 Oct 14, 2010
There's a reason pesticides, fungicides, fertilizers, and hybrid varieties were developed: because the so-called natural ones died or did not produce much -- and left people starving. Most of what Rachel Carson wrote about DDT has been disproved -- utter nonsense -- but we would rather keep our mythology of naturalness alive than save starving or dying children throughout the world so that we can feel good about our righteous, yet vacuous ideologies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Organic Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Diabetes Destroyer (Dec '15) Sat JamilaMsahel 2
Organic grocery store - London, Ontario Jun 23 soylent green 2
Organic skin care products, can you help? (Sep '11) Jun 14 INHP 44
Best online stores for organic foods (Feb '12) Jun 14 INHP 23
Are organic labels equal? Jun 5 wandy 1
organic honey May 31 shorena 1
WitLift's Organic Marketplace Website (May '15) May 29 Organic Jonas 2
More from around the web