Organic food is a SCAM!!!

Posted in the Organic Food Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“Religion is for stupid people”

Since: May 08

Anytown, USA

#1 Aug 6, 2009
You want to know the only real difference between organic food and regular food? Organic food costs a lot more. People seem to think it's common knowledge that organic food is "healthier" than regular food.........not true at all. In fact, it may even be less healthy. Studies have found that there are no health benefits to organic food at all, and it's also nearly impossible to detect a difference in the taste. Nutrients and minerals in fruits come from the soil. Whether or not the plant is organic has nothing to do with that. Plus, organic food may be LESS healthy because it's less resistant to harmful molds and bacteria that can grow on plants and vegetables.

First of all, the brainwashed hippies claim that pesticides are killing us. This is completely false. NOT ONE SINGLE death or case of cancer has ever been directly linked to consuming pesticides on fruits and vegetables. Besides, it's not like we're going around using DDT anymore. They have developed much safer pesticides that aren't harmful to us and don't stay in the system very long. Plus most pesticide residue can be easily rinsed off before you eat the fruit or vegetable. Also, let's not forget, organic doesn't mean "no pesticides". Plenty of organic farmers use pesticides. In many cases, they would lose their entire crop if they didn't. It's actually really stupid NOT to use pesticides.

And what about genetically modified foods? It seems people have no idea what the term even means. All it means is manipulating the genes at a cellular level. So we can take a tomato cell, for example, and then insert a frost-resistant gene from a pea plant that might be resistant to cold weather. Now that tomato would have no other characteristics of a pea, the only thing they would now have in common is that they both are more resistant to frost. The tomato won't taste or look anything like a pea. Now this is just an example I made up off the top of my head, but it still proves my point. Genetically modified foods are not "franken-foods", it's just good science.

And as for the environment, organic food is HORRIBLE. For one, there's no possible way to feed the entire world with organic food. Too many crops wouldn't survive, and it takes a lot more land to grow organic than regular food. Plus organic has to be fertilized with cow shit, so it would take an awful lot of cow shit to fertilize all the world's organic farms. And everyone knows that cattle farming is bad for the environment as well because they require so much land.

All in all, organic food is scam that is in no way healthier.

Judged:

13

10

7

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
steve

Ashtabula, OH

#2 Aug 20, 2009
very biased peice of writing. Organic food actually helps alot of people with certain health problems, which some actually caused are by the pesticides, steroids, and additive ingredients in commercial products. Only until you run into these health issues and use organic food you begin to appreciate the food in its natural state, the way it was meant to be. But each of us are different and some people don't run into problems eating the unorganic food. You get what you pay for i guess.

“Religion is for stupid people”

Since: May 08

Anytown, USA

#3 Aug 21, 2009
steve wrote:
very biased peice of writing. Organic food actually helps alot of people with certain health problems, which some actually caused are by the pesticides, steroids, and additive ingredients in commercial products. Only until you run into these health issues and use organic food you begin to appreciate the food in its natural state, the way it was meant to be. But each of us are different and some people don't run into problems eating the unorganic food. You get what you pay for i guess.
No, it's actually as UNBIASED a piece of writing about the organic food racket as you'll ever find. I have no reason to be biased, I don't have anything to do with the industry, I'm just a regular guy who sees through the bullshit. The biased on here is YOU. You've been fed a barrel of lies, and rather than think critically about any of it, you just blindly accept everything you hear.

You say organic food helps people with health problems, well I challenge you to provide evidence of this. I have a feeling you can't, you're just regurgitating what all your hippy friends told you. And please provide evidence that any person has ever gotten sick from eating food that was sprayed with pesticides or genetically modified. You won't do it, I'm sure.

The fact is, food in its natural state is generally not good. Just imagine drinking milk, for example, in its "natural state". And fruit and vegetables in their natural state? They have bruises and bugs all over them. The fact is, when people were forced to eat food in its "natural state", the world was an unsafe, unsanitary place to live where famines were common because farmers couldn't sustain their crops. It's pure insanity that there are idiots like you out there that would want to go back to that.
Adriana Mather

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Aug 21, 2009
I was addicted to crack cocaine in the mid 90s and i would do anyhing for a fix. I was low on cash and my health was failing due to a botched operation involving my kidney sale. I only had roller blades and a mexican blanket to my name. I was beat and burdened. Taut and troubled was alone and looking for answers that's when I decided to get pregnant. Being pregnant allowed me to reflect on some great amzing things like organic food
Gigiz

Irvine, CA

#5 Sep 10, 2009
Successful troll is successful.
Why start a thread disagreeing in enemy territory if you wont even listen to their arguments.
Anything that threatens your position, you disregard as "What your hippy friends brainwashed you to believe".
Going back to eating things in their natural state while being clean, safe and sanitary now is possible because of the very same science you used to describe your tomato peas. Not to mention the FDA exists. It's 2009. We're not cavemen anymore.
tl;dr, Different strokes for different folks. OP needs to stop being such a faggot.

“Religion is for stupid people”

Since: May 08

Anytown, USA

#6 Sep 10, 2009
Gigiz wrote:
Successful troll is successful.
Why start a thread disagreeing in enemy territory if you wont even listen to their arguments.
Anything that threatens your position, you disregard as "What your hippy friends brainwashed you to believe".
Going back to eating things in their natural state while being clean, safe and sanitary now is possible because of the very same science you used to describe your tomato peas. Not to mention the FDA exists. It's 2009. We're not cavemen anymore.
tl;dr, Different strokes for different folks. OP needs to stop being such a faggot.
You're right douchebag, we're not cavemen anymore. We also don't use DDT anymore. That's why organic food is not necessary. But hey, if you like paying an ass-load more for an inferior product, be my guest. The fact that you didn't refute a single point I've made and instead decided to attack me personally says a lot about your ignorance on this issue.
Gigiz

Irvine, CA

#7 Sep 11, 2009
So I notice you didn't refute the part of me mentioning that you're not even listening to people's arguments. That's exactly why I don't have to refute any of your biased "points". It'll go nowhere since you're so intent on converting people out of organic living.

Pointing how how I "attacked" you personally is kind of hypocritical since you came into an organic forum to attack people who buy organic food in the same way. I agree that some organic food is grossly overpriced, non-organic food is sometimes overpriced too. That's not really an argument there. It depends on the individual items and/or brands.

I lol'd at "If you like paying an ass-load more for an inferior product, be my guest." Were that the case, I don't think you would have made a thread shitting brix about it in the first place. I'm also sure you wouldn't be PMSing about people disagreeing and disregarding you.

“Religion is for stupid people”

Since: May 08

Anytown, USA

#8 Sep 11, 2009
Gigiz wrote:
So I notice you didn't refute the part of me mentioning that you're not even listening to people's arguments. That's exactly why I don't have to refute any of your biased "points". It'll go nowhere since you're so intent on converting people out of organic living.
Pointing how how I "attacked" you personally is kind of hypocritical since you came into an organic forum to attack people who buy organic food in the same way. I agree that some organic food is grossly overpriced, non-organic food is sometimes overpriced too. That's not really an argument there. It depends on the individual items and/or brands.
I lol'd at "If you like paying an ass-load more for an inferior product, be my guest." Were that the case, I don't think you would have made a thread shitting brix about it in the first place. I'm also sure you wouldn't be PMSing about people disagreeing and disregarding you.
What "arguments", you freaking tool? Are you referring to the "argument" he presented in which he claimed pesticides cause health problems, and I replied by saying there's no proof of this and then challenged his to provide evidence of his claim? In fact, I've addressed every single illogical "point" you brainwashed hippies have attempted to throw at me.

Like a typical religious follower, you come at me with personal attacks and feigned outrage, but you still have yet to refute a single thing I've said. I can back up everything I've posted with studies and expert opinion, you base all of your claims on "well someone told me, so it must be true!"

The reality is, as studies have shown, not only is organic food way overpriced, but studies have shown that it is in no way "healthier" than non-organic. Think I'm coming here because I'm "shitting bricks" that my argument isn't sound? Guess again..........

http://www.reuters.com/article/scienceNews/id...

Now you can attack me and cry about the truths I'm posting all you want, but I don't care about that. Pick one point I've made and prove me wrong. How about the fact that organic food is not a viable option for feeding the world's population? Care to refute that? I know you won't, though.

The weakness of your "arguments" is evidenced by the complete lack of substance in your posts to me.
Organic4Life

Cle Elum, WA

#9 Sep 24, 2009
I know this probably won't help you understand the importance of organic food, but maybe the articles may help you understand a little more.
www.organichomecooking.net Also their are hundreds of scientific studies linking organic food to better nutrition. And as for the price if you know how to cook using bulk ingredient, such as flour, beans, rice, ect. The price difference is not a issue.
Marty

Reseda, CA

#10 Oct 4, 2009
An interesting thread here, started by an inflamatory statement that there's no value to organic foods. There's a missing chunk of data in all of this argument: the problem of low-level chemical exposure. The idea that new pesticides aren't as bad as DDT is a an assumption that probably hasn't had time to germinate (pun intended).I have personally dealt with people exposed to post-DDT pesticides and I can tell you that they can cause serious body problems. What is very poorly understood, is that the body accumulates the low level exposures over time and problems will result from this. Chemicals in our food have been a source of great profit to various conglomerates for some time. The last thing the Monsantos and ADMs of the world want is popularity of organic foods.

The only reason these foods are more expensive now is simply economies of scale. It's supposed to be "cheaper" to force growth with chemicals and GMO techniques. But this is turning out to be a false assumption. See the article in Organic Connections Magazine about this: http://organicconnectmag.com/wp/2009/08/scien... . Also this magazine has an article called "Getting to the Truth of Pesticides," http://organicconnectmag.com/wp/2009/09/getti...

“Religion is for stupid people”

Since: May 08

Anytown, USA

#11 Oct 5, 2009
Marty wrote:
An interesting thread here, started by an inflamatory statement that there's no value to organic foods. There's a missing chunk of data in all of this argument: the problem of low-level chemical exposure. The idea that new pesticides aren't as bad as DDT is a an assumption that probably hasn't had time to germinate (pun intended).I have personally dealt with people exposed to post-DDT pesticides and I can tell you that they can cause serious body problems. What is very poorly understood, is that the body accumulates the low level exposures over time and problems will result from this. Chemicals in our food have been a source of great profit to various conglomerates for some time. The last thing the Monsantos and ADMs of the world want is popularity of organic foods.
The only reason these foods are more expensive now is simply economies of scale. It's supposed to be "cheaper" to force growth with chemicals and GMO techniques. But this is turning out to be a false assumption. See the article in Organic Connections Magazine about this: http://organicconnectmag.com/wp/2009/08/scien... . Also this magazine has an article called "Getting to the Truth of Pesticides," http://organicconnectmag.com/wp/2009/09/getti...
Yeah yeah yeah, typical organic fundie. You have plenty of broad claims to make, but no facts to back you up. What you are actually quoting when you say "the body accumulates low-level poisons" is pure junk science. There is not a shred of proof of this. I'm not even going to waste my time opening your biased links from organic food websites. No shit the organic food industry is going to tell you how great their product is. That's like Philip-Morris telling you tobacco is good for your lungs. The reality is, not one single case of cancer has ever been linked to people eating foods with pesticides. Learn to think for yourself instead of being another new-age, hippy sheep.

“Religion is for stupid people”

Since: May 08

Anytown, USA

#12 Oct 5, 2009
Organic4Life wrote:
I know this probably won't help you understand the importance of organic food, but maybe the articles may help you understand a little more.
www.organichomecooking.net Also their are hundreds of scientific studies linking organic food to better nutrition. And as for the price if you know how to cook using bulk ingredient, such as flour, beans, rice, ect. The price difference is not a issue.
There aren't reliable, unbiased scientific studies linking organic crap to better nutrition. Pretty much every study has shown that there's no difference in terms of nutrition. If I buy a genetically-modified Fuji apple that was treated with pesticides (which is the only way for any crop to be cost-effective), it is no less nutritious than your bruise-covered "organic" apple grown in cow shit. And you know what the funniest thing about you organic dopes is? You're too stupid to realize that ORGANIC FOOD HAS PESTICIDES ON IT!! And here's the funny part.......they only use organic pesticides, which aren't nearly as effective, so they end up having the spray 3-4 times MORE pesticides than non-organic farmers! Damn, you people are such dupes!
Xenon

Norwich, NY

#13 Oct 13, 2009
Why bother to argue with this dinosaur. He is of the same ilk of all the rabid right-wingers that reject anything that is contrary to their linear thinking. Let him eat his garbage, let him believe his own stupidity. Even if you present him with valid evidence, which there is plenty of, he still will reject it. He has embedded himself too deeply in his egotistical, hare-brained comments to ever admit he is wrong. People should not belabor points on those that bark at knowledge (or should I say, grunt). Move on to those whose brains have not been addled or petrified by the ingestion of too many toxic chemical. Chumpsky is in his terminal stages and cannot be saved. To the believers, let the bells toll for those who have fallen prey to corporate propaganda and move on to greener pastures...he is not worth your time and he delights in the attention he receives in exasperating those around him.

“Religion is for stupid people”

Since: May 08

Anytown, USA

#14 Oct 13, 2009
Xenon wrote:
Why bother to argue with this dinosaur. He is of the same ilk of all the rabid right-wingers that reject anything that is contrary to their linear thinking. Let him eat his garbage, let him believe his own stupidity. Even if you present him with valid evidence, which there is plenty of, he still will reject it. He has embedded himself too deeply in his egotistical, hare-brained comments to ever admit he is wrong. People should not belabor points on those that bark at knowledge (or should I say, grunt). Move on to those whose brains have not been addled or petrified by the ingestion of too many toxic chemical. Chumpsky is in his terminal stages and cannot be saved. To the believers, let the bells toll for those who have fallen prey to corporate propaganda and move on to greener pastures...he is not worth your time and he delights in the attention he receives in exasperating those around him.
Lots of hot air with you nutjobs, not a bit of substance. If you had actually bothered to read my posts, you'd see that they're filled with facts and logical arguments. Every thing I've said is backed by science and reliable scientific studies. Everything you idiots have said is based on hearsay and assumptions. Keep spewing the propaganda you've been brainwashed with, none of it supported by facts. You can say my brain addled by chemicals, but let's not forget.......there is NO scientific evidence that pesticides on our fruit and vegetables cause health problems. There is NO scientific evidence that organic food offers any more nutritional value than non-organic. There is plenty of evidence, however, that your organic trash isn't sustainable as a way to feed the world and is actually quite damaging to the environment. But hey, continue to enjoy your sh*t covered, overpriced organic crap, brought to you by huge CORPORATIONS.

And by the way, I'm a liberal. You're actually much closer to the right-wing nutjobs than I'll ever be because you and the rest of your brainwashed, organic-corporation shills don't know how to think critically.
jenny

Honolulu, HI

#15 Feb 28, 2010
i m too skeptical abt organic food. it sure has marked the price way up high, however I hav found some evidence in showing some research on the pros of organic food regarding health issues:

"---Rats were fed diets of vegetables using organic or pesticide growing methods; the rats eating veggies grown from pesticides and chemical fertilizers showed significantly worse health effects than those eating organic.

---Organic farming of mandarin oranges “resulted in juices with higher contents of minerals and carotenoids [a phytochemical family] and of better sensory quality” than non-organic oranges."

Maybe u can go here
http://www.examiner.com/x-27763-Skepticism-Ex...
n see whether u can come up with some counterarguments.
STOP

Columbia, MO

#16 Feb 28, 2010
Stop argueing and keep your opinions to your self. You both have very good points. I suggest you both try the others things. (by that I mean Non-organic supporters try organic foods and organic supporters try non-organic foods.) But you both have some very good arguments. But could you please try to keep it civil. (Chimpsky)
bugsey

Wichita, KS

#17 Apr 12, 2010
Mc Donald's fries; large 500 calories, fat 25 grams, sodium 350. How healthy is that?
Bullshit

Independence, MO

#18 Apr 14, 2010
haha, you watch a bullshit episode and you believe every word. I usually like bullshit, Penn and Teller, but on this they were wrong. Did you watch the episode about lawns? They made fun of themselves for being hypocritical. Whatever, dude, nobody is making you eat organic. You can eat all the conventional subsidized food you want.
Ann

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 Apr 18, 2010
Where are you getting your information from? No there have not been any direct cases of cancer from pesticides, because it is impossible to pinpoint one single cause of cancer in an individual. BUT atrazine, a chemical used here in the US, has been shown in studies to cause sexual abnormalities in frogs AND workers in an atrazine plant had abnormal levels of prostate cancer. Even without evidence like that, use common sense, you can't tell me that ingesting chemicals is harmless.
Organic Farmer

Roswell, GA

#20 Apr 19, 2010
I have been growing organic for 15 years now, and I sell to small farmers markets at premium prices, and the customers are tickled to death with their fairy tale visions of quaint gardens, cobblestone walks, and thatched roofs.
Some people prefer cookies from a box that invites visions of elves living in trees and baking away. It's really the same. It's just advertising. God bless you, and your flipped out fantasy minds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Organic Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where can I buy organic cookie dough online? (Jun '12) Dec 17 rosanne 4
Organic food Dec 16 John_11108 2
Produce label with 6-digits food label Dec 15 Crystal 1
Trusted Online Organic Health Food Store in Aus... Dec 11 Joanna Gracia 5
Harvest Farms Organic? Who are they? (Apr '08) Dec 8 christi 108
help me please!! Dec 1 Gab123Gab 1
Organic Products, and small comanies? Nov 26 Gab123Gab 4
More from around the web