Carbon Tax Would Hurt Farmers, Drive ...

Carbon Tax Would Hurt Farmers, Drive Up Food Prices

There are 113 comments on the The Heartland Institute story from Feb 15, 2013, titled Carbon Tax Would Hurt Farmers, Drive Up Food Prices. In it, The Heartland Institute reports that:

Whenever politicians talks about curbing greenhouse gas emissions, they're really talking about higher food prices.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Heartland Institute.

Reality Bites

AOL

#50 Feb 17, 2013
HomoSapiensLaptopicus wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for belly laugh, "Reality" Bites. Absolutely HILARIOUS.
If Pelosi & Obama are "leftists," then ALL our Presidents, & most of our policians, between 1933 & 1980 were super-hyper-radical far leftists. Democrats today are a lot like Rockefeller Republicans from a couple of generations ago.
Taxes were way, way, WAY more progressive then. Obama had to fight like hell just to get top marginal rates "up" to 39.6%. EVERYONE was Keynesian then. Are you kidding me?
Demos today are TRYING to restore a TINY BIT of what we had then. You have simply moved so far right you have no contact with reality any more, & think very moderate Demos like Obama are "leftists." ROFLMAO!
After all, today's Repubs would reject almost all the presidents of their own party since 1901 as a bunch of RINOs. Don't even try to deny it because you know it's true.
That means YOU have become a radical rightist, like most of the Repub party today, far, far, FAR out of the mainstream of American poltical history in the 20th century (the American Century - remember? MAYBE we were doing something right then?).
But go ahead, stay on the far right, you'll never win another national election.
There is nothing more to argue about. We all must accept the Reality we chose in November when we proved that the voting majority are finally emotionally and spiritually bankrupt enough to surrender and submit to Big Brother as our Lords and Masters.

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

#51 Feb 18, 2013
Reality Bites wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing more to argue about. We all must accept the Reality we chose in November when we proved that the voting majority are finally emotionally and spiritually bankrupt enough to surrender and submit to Big Brother as our Lords and Masters.
You wanted to give the SUPER wealthy MORE tax cuts?

Boy are you easily fooled. Trickle down is VOODOO economics and responsible for our mess, just like George Bush I told Reagan.

Obviously you have "selective" amnesia this ever happened:

"I chunked aside some of my free market principles when I was told by chief economic advisers that the situation we were facing could be worse than the Great Depression." -- G.W.Bush –

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/12/ra...
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#52 Feb 18, 2013
See what happens when you become a sheeplebot?

Fairfax, VA

#53 Feb 18, 2013
You're projecting, dear....
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#54 Feb 18, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
You're projecting, dear....
They only garbage that is tossed on the other side is your scientific science fiction Bull S. degree answers you post all day. You don't have a lick of character to assassinate. All see that you’re grasping at straws again and again.
Reality Bites

AOL

#55 Feb 18, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
You wanted to give the SUPER wealthy MORE tax cuts?
Boy are you easily fooled. Trickle down is VOODOO economics and responsible for our mess, just like George Bush I told Reagan.
Obviously you have "selective" amnesia this ever happened:
"I chunked aside some of my free market principles when I was told by chief economic advisers that the situation we were facing could be worse than the Great Depression." -- G.W.Bush –
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/12/ra...
Marxism/Communism doesn't sound as appealling to American parents with more intellect than expected from a Bag of Seashells. Probably because it has NEVER worked to IMPROVE conditions for very long anywhere in the World.
Reality Bites

AOL

#56 Feb 18, 2013
<quoted text>
No, the ones who vote against their own interests are the hoards of red state poor whites.
What are you talking about? California has the most on Welfare State, the most on food stamps, and is the benefit and service starved Illegal Alien welcome center.

California has high taxes and still has by far the biggest DEBT of any State in the Nation??? California is the BLUEST of the BLUE States. It isn't a Red State.
Maybe night school might improve your ability to think clearly and post rational comments.

It's not a Red State??????????

Fairfax, VA

#57 Feb 18, 2013
Reality Bites wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? California has the most on Welfare State, the most on food stamps, and is the benefit and service starved Illegal Alien welcome center.
California has high taxes and still has by far the biggest DEBT of any State in the Nation??? California is the BLUEST of the BLUE States. It isn't a Red State.
Maybe night school might improve your ability to think clearly and post rational comments.
I was talking federal not state politics.

Actually, I think we need to cut benefits, especially on retirement and raise taxes (especially by cutting loopholes)-- all levels of gov't.

I make a very high joint income. Don't like the idea I paid a MUCH higher tax rate that Mitt Romney. I also accept I should get paid less retirement benefits -- it's reduce them now, or I get much less when I do retire.

litesong

Everett, WA

#58 Feb 18, 2013
Reality Bites wrote:
Marxism/Communism doesn't sound as appealling to American parents .....
Then re-pubic-lick-uns should NOT have sent american jobs & american wealth to chinese communists, when re-pubic-lick-uns said,'let the chinese communists make our products'.

Location hidden

#59 Feb 18, 2013
Reality Bites wrote:
<quoted text>
One laugh after another, "Reality" Bites. California is now recovering. We send way more money to the feds than the average State. As a matter of fact, red States are the ones that receive the most, & give the least, to the rest of the country. Blue States give the most & receive the least.

So welfare applies most to red States - except for Wall St bankers, the biggest welfare recipients in the history of the world.

http://stonesoup.wordpress.com/2011/06/07/fed...

Location hidden

#60 Feb 18, 2013
Reality Bites wrote:
<quoted text>
You are SO good for belly laughs, "Reality" Bites. Thanks for the entertainment.

Here's a clue: Marx is DEAD. Lenin is DEAD. Mao is DEAD. Communism as an ideology is pretty much DEAD also. NOBODY believes it now, least of all moderates like Obama.

Your thoughts are evidence of how far you have moved away from the manstream of American political history. Thanks, though. As long as you're this deluded, you won't win any national elections.
Reality Bites

AOL

#61 Feb 18, 2013
<quoted text>
You are SO good for belly laughs, "Reality" Bites. Thanks for the entertainment.
Here's a clue: Marx is DEAD. Lenin is DEAD. Mao is DEAD. Communism as an ideology is pretty much DEAD also. NOBODY believes it now, least of all moderates like Obama.
Your thoughts are evidence of how far you have moved away from the manstream of American political history. Thanks, though. As long as you're this deluded, you won't win any national elections.
I make no pretense that anyone can rescue America from the Pelosi pod people. I freely admit that we don't measure up to previous generations and must accept every tragic out come as all our families deserve.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#62 Feb 18, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking federal not state politics.
Actually, I think we need to cut benefits, especially on retirement and raise taxes (especially by cutting loopholes)-- all levels of gov't.
I make a very high joint income. Don't like the idea I paid a MUCH higher tax rate that Mitt Romney. I also accept I should get paid less retirement benefits -- it's reduce them now, or I get much less when I do retire.
They only garbage that is tossed on the other side is your scientific science fiction Bull S. degree answers you post all day. You don't have a lick of character to assassinate. All see that you’re grasping at straws again and again.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#63 Feb 18, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Then re-pubic-lick-uns should NOT have sent american jobs & american wealth to chinese communists, when re-pubic-lick-uns said,'let the chinese communists make our products'.
In addition, you think topix does not know what you publish. Attacks on me will not delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.

Fairfax, VA

#64 Feb 18, 2013
Reality Bites wrote:
<quoted text>
I make no pretense that anyone can rescue America from the Pelosi pod people. I freely admit that we don't measure up to previous generations and must accept every tragic out come as all our families deserve.
The Republicans want to turn this into a South american styled country.

Wake up, Even my very conservative father from Texas has figured this out. The Republicans have gone to hard right.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#65 Feb 18, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake up, Even my very conservative father from Texas has figured this out. The Republicans have gone to hard right.
OMG we do agree with something. Now if you would be kind enough to clean up your scientific science fiction all will be well.
Reality Bites

AOL

#66 Feb 18, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
And, the Hard Left has taken over the Democratic Party.

We need to be rid of ALL of the professional pols ...Dark Blue and Bright Red alike.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#67 Feb 18, 2013
Yes they did. They should be considered workers at will and all are replaced. How long would you be at your job after a bad performance?
Patriot

Louisville, CO

#68 Feb 18, 2013
We know they're lying, We know their agenda - just say "NO!!" We're going to have to start sometime...

Fairfax, VA

#69 Feb 18, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>OMG we do agree with something. Now if you would be kind enough to clean up your scientific science fiction all will be well.
I won't clean up my science.
But I like your post, and will stop my down votes and return attacks on you.
I don't mind you're conservative. My parents were conservative too.
That's not what this was about.

I don't like posting a fact sheet from NASA and someone saying it's fantasy for the sake of fantasy. Tell me WHY you don't like it.

FF and I don't agree and we get along OK, OK?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Organic Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Goya beans - GMO or not? (Jul '09) Jun 22 Kys 8
Organic and nutritional smoothie recipes Jun 11 Sommerair 1
NutraCleanse -- A Great Health Product (Jan '08) Jun 10 Marilyn Crawford 20
Organic milk with strange smell (Jan '10) Jun 1 Bouvine limousine 12
Organic skin care products, can you help? (Sep '11) May '17 asenaki 58
News State of Washington law paves way for organic m... May '17 Jeeshush Sheeeria 1
organic protein powder May '17 healthfreak 1
More from around the web