Could This Meat Save Your Life?

May 17, 2014 Full story: WTLC-AM Indianapolis 10

According to the American Heart Association , more than 40 percent of blacks have high blood pressure .Though doctors aren't 100% sure why this is, they believe it may be linked to African Americans also having higher rates of obesity and diabetes.

Full Story
SadButTrue

Chantilly, VA

#1 May 17, 2014
Very sad seems to be mainly Fat Big Bellied BM who have HB pressure and Diabetes which also makes them impotent as they reach thier mid 40's.
Article Deceptive

Beverly, MA

#2 May 17, 2014
Read the article, and it just seems to be pushing lean meat. Um, if people liked lean, unsalted meat, then we would not be facing as many health issues.

The Dash diet lowers salt. Some of us only like food when it I a heavily salted, especially meat, unfortunate fact.

So just like any other diet, you are asking for a change that sounds simple, but for the participant, becomes unpleasant.

If I have to eat only lean meat, I refuse to eat meat at all.

I prefer beans, greens and rice. Screw the meat if it has to be lean and salt free. No thanks. It is easier to choke down salt free beans, greens and rice than dry, bland meat.

Disrespectful to the animal to take his life and then make him taste bad. Just wrong.
SadButTrue

Chantilly, VA

#3 May 17, 2014
Article Deceptive wrote:
Read the article, and it just seems to be pushing lean meat. Um, if people liked lean, unsalted meat, then we would not be facing as many health issues.
The Dash diet lowers salt. Some of us only like food when it I a heavily salted, especially meat, unfortunate fact.
So just like any other diet, you are asking for a change that sounds simple, but for the participant, becomes unpleasant.
If I have to eat only lean meat, I refuse to eat meat at all.
I prefer beans, greens and rice. Screw the meat if it has to be lean and salt free. No thanks. It is easier to choke down salt free beans, greens and rice than dry, bland meat.
Disrespectful to the animal to take his life and then make him taste bad. Just wrong.
Maceo

Go ear some Monkey meat and STFU!
What is Sad

Beverly, MA

#5 May 18, 2014
Maceo, Colombia or Maceo, Kentucky? What about Maceo? Do you live in one of these locations?
Not keen on consuming primates.
Why are you so ticked off? What exactly about my post warrants my need to be quiet?
Sadbuttrue

Chantilly, VA

#6 May 18, 2014
What is Sad wrote:
Maceo, Colombia or Maceo, Kentucky? What about Maceo? Do you live in one of these locations?
Not keen on consuming primates.
Why are you so ticked off? What exactly about my post warrants my need to be quiet?
Maceo

Go eat some Monkey meat and STFU!
Zombie Corpse Rental

San Jose, CA

#7 May 18, 2014
Sadbuttrue_is_Maceo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maceo
Go eat some Monkey meat and STFU!
Spammer.

Since: May 14

Brampton, Canada

#8 May 18, 2014
There are better meat options that are not riddled with "crap"

In Ontario, we have a choice.
As a community, our beef, chicken and pork grocery are primarily not being supported by our very own Local free range Ontario farmers.

Why spend 2 minutes to fill this out?

If you left your grocery store, they probably would not even notice. By supporting our local Ontario farmers, you may help pay their rent or even save their farm.
An opportunity to learn more about Free Range Ontario farming.
Reserve and taste a delicious AAA, hormone free, antibiotic free, grass fed Ontario Steak.

Please forward this to your friends and neighbors and help keep our Ontario farms sustain itself.
Thank you in advance for your participation
**One family at a time, we can make a difference**
http://ow.ly/wYQF9

Since: Sep 13

Rochester, NH

#9 Jun 3, 2014
Actually the fats in grassfed meat are very healthy and help you stay leaner. The problem is the grains so much of our meat is raised on.

Key to combating diabetes is eating more proteins, fats and greens. Less grains and sugar.

Check out Dr. Perlmutter's recommendations: http://www.drperlmutter.com/tag/diabetes/
Monique

Hempstead, TX

#10 Jun 4, 2014
That article is total bullsh*t. Meat consumption worsens high blood pressure conditions. Also, the human body is not designed to digest pork. That's one reason why the average American has 7 pounds of undigested meat in their bowels at all times. Some people will believe the dumbest sh*t just because it's in print. Dumbasses.
Monique

Hempstead, TX

#11 Jun 4, 2014
Ooops, I meant to say they have 7 pounds of undigested meat in their bowels when they die.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 4 hr Curious 8,817
Food-cost crisis shames Far North: 'We can't pr... Sun Yuh Mean 2
Brushton meat shop owner charged with misuse of... Sun bobby 17
Type 2 diabetes exercise and education program ... Jan 24 not all past due ... 1
Dr. Blonz: Supplements can't replace foods Jan 23 Jack 1
Loyola serves up culinary careers to Oakville s... Jan 22 Leviathan 1
Health Check: do you really need carbs to recov... Jan 19 dody 1
More from around the web