Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9251 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

claydelite

Baltimore, MD

#8501 Aug 16, 2014
Kellzgirl wrote:
Happy day! UPS just delivered me twenty pounds of Mutt and Jeff. Wish I didn't have to work this afternoon so I could stay home with it.=)
How was it? Im waiting on my order from them!
Facefaceface

Lawrenceburg, IN

#8502 Aug 16, 2014
Does anyone know long it typically take for Mutt and Jeff to deliver?

I'm also very curious to hear how Kellzgirl's batch was.
Curious

United States

#8503 Aug 16, 2014
I tried a piece of Sargent brand chalk anti dust from Office Depot . I broke a small piece off a stick & put it back in the box . I just wanted to taste it to see would I like it . I didn't . It taste like chemical flour . Not earthy or anything like I'm used to . Still haven't went home to get my white clay . I moved out my parents house and left some things there , one of them being my dirt unfortunately . I've been so busy lately .
Kellzgirl

Aurora, IN

#8504 Aug 16, 2014
claydelite wrote:
<quoted text>
How was it? Im waiting on my order from them!
It is just right. Smooth crunchy and no grit. They have been having really quality stuff the last several times I have ordered. And to get 20 pounds for 30 dollars is such a great price.
crazy 4 stuff

San Diego, CA

#8505 Aug 16, 2014
Stash is running out let's see how long I can go without buying any
ann

Brooklyn, NY

#8506 Aug 16, 2014
Facefaceface wrote:
Does anyone know long it typically take for Mutt and Jeff to deliver?
I'm also very curious to hear how Kellzgirl's batch was.
If you order during the week they ship only on Thursday so the clay usually gets delivered either on Monday or Tuesday. If you order after Thursday you might have to wait on the following Thursday. Their web site says UPS usually pick up only on Thursday's.
crazy 4 stuff

San Diego, CA

#8507 Aug 17, 2014
Curious wrote:
I tried a piece of Sargent brand chalk anti dust from Office Depot . I broke a small piece off a stick & put it back in the box . I just wanted to taste it to see would I like it . I didn't . It taste like chemical flour . Not earthy or anything like I'm used to . Still haven't went home to get my white clay . I moved out my parents house and left some things there , one of them being my dirt unfortunately . I've been so busy lately .
Oh no u didn't like it,I love it but then again I store it with dirt to get a more earthy taste when I eat out

Since: Aug 14

Prague, Czech Republic

#8508 Aug 17, 2014
@zenith , I am also interested in purchasing roasted clay from India(is it called 'puthada').please let me know how to contact you.Thanks
crazy 4 stuff

Los Angeles, CA

#8509 Aug 17, 2014
I'm out of chalk n nOw I can't stop eating ice blah
georgie

United States

#8510 Aug 18, 2014
crazy 4 stuff wrote:
Im hoping my jeff and mutt clay comes today too. I a PRAYING it is not sandy, gritty, or sour cuz that sucks, I want it to be smooth and very crunchy, omg its embarrassing how excited I am.

Has anyone ordered from Brads Best White Dirt ??
SAclaylover

Cape Town, South Africa

#8511 Aug 18, 2014
Mobu Consumer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, S.A I actually stay in PTA, but the forum keeps saying JHB even after I change it, I don't know why... But I know in JHB cbd they sell clay, especially near MTN Rank... Also in Randburg near the Randburg rank they sell clay... What's you're favorite clay? And if you ddnt eat clay in CPT when did you start eating it and where would you get it from?
Hey Mobu, well I started by eating dirt and soft brick. I am originally from the E.C, so id only get my fix when i get home, coz CPT is just sand :-(. so excited to know that i'd be getting the right fix in JHB. I was recently introduced to white clay by a friend, her mother is a potter, and it's delicious.

Why do you feel embarrassed when buying it, no one really knows what you are going to use it for. Try parking in some dodge area because you spot good dirt, and talking a walking, then 'accidentally' dropping your keys just so that you can pick them up with a handful and then run to your car, now that's embarrassing, and i used to do that. so buying it at a market, i'm looking forward to that. oh and the boyfriend thing, i think mine just overlooks it, because i dry it in the oven and snack on it anytime, he just looks at me a bit weird.
Curious

Norcross, GA

#8512 Aug 18, 2014
georgie wrote:
<quoted text>
Im hoping my jeff and mutt clay comes today too. I a PRAYING it is not sandy, gritty, or sour cuz that sucks, I want it to be smooth and very crunchy, omg its embarrassing how excited I am.
What is their website? What are their prices?
Facefaceface

Lawrenceburg, IN

#8513 Aug 18, 2014
georgie wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes, please tell us what it's like.

I'm trying to cut back, because I think eating chalk is part of why my iron has stayed so low, but mutt and jeff's white dirt looks too yummy.
Morales4

Lancaster, PA

#8514 Aug 18, 2014
looking for clay wrote:
Could someone who ordered Leslie's red dirt please let me know what the taste and texture are like? I am curiouse as I have never had red dirt.
It is gritty but melts easily in your mouth.
CrunchyT

Buffalo, NY

#8516 Aug 19, 2014
I have received my yellow powder clay last week. It has a consistency of a very fine powder. However, it does not melt in your mouth completely, leaves just a little bit of grit behind. It has a relatively strong earthy flavor, not sour. I sprinkled a few spoonfuls on top of Mutt and Jeff's clay; so I have the crunch of the white dirt with the flavor of the yellow. I love it!
smore

Lancaster, PA

#8517 Aug 19, 2014
crazy 4 stuff wrote:
Can you tell me howni cannorder this clay as well plz?
crazy 4 stuff

Los Angeles, CA

#8518 Aug 19, 2014
smore wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't eat clay I eat chalk that I buy from teachers or office supply stores but there's lots on here who do eat n order clay different kinds too
ann

Bronx, NY

#8519 Aug 19, 2014
smore wrote:
<quoted text>
Which clay are you referring to? Their is a lot of suppliers . You can check out Facebook. Why we crave&love clay, Edible clay, Clay lovers also Ghana Baked clay. Mavu mutt And Jeff, Goodoledirt Georgia white dirt on the net.
Bady

Aberdeen, UK

#8520 Aug 20, 2014
hiya are you any further with this? i live in Uk and am depserate to get my hands on some rainy clay.... Please write back to me and let me know. Thank you
Bady
Bady

Aberdeen, UK

#8521 Aug 20, 2014
hiya, I haven't ever tried clay before, but I am addicted to licking freshly rained on mud off stones on my driveway, can anybody relate to this? and can anybody tell me if the Tanzanian red soil cay will satisfy my craving, as have just ordered some from mavu....... thanks guys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump official freezes Michelle Obamaa s plan t... May 5 Lawrence Wolf 61
News Turmeric lowered high blood pressure (Feb '09) May 3 Ashton 52
News Authorities: 1 dead, several hurt in U. of Texa... May 2 Laredo 1
News Honey Boo Boo's diet now a serious study by uni... (Oct '12) Apr 25 RTIC 2
News A nutritionist reveals 3 foods that boost your ... Apr '17 Pecan Boy 1
News UNHEALTHY Take soda, candy off food stamp list Mar '17 Jacky 80
News Should food stamps be used to buy soda and cand... Mar '17 Sweet tooth 1
More from around the web