Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9206 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

monika

Germany

#8147 Jun 20, 2014
Icy chalk wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do u get the square chalk from Germany? Do u know if it is available to buy in the US?
I get it from muller.....
Curious

Ellenwood, GA

#8148 Jun 20, 2014
Ann & icy chalk

Would any of you ladies like to sell me any of your white dirt from mutt & Jeff ?
SFM

Philadelphia, PA

#8149 Jun 20, 2014
Hello all I have been eating matti and it is so hard to find. Where else can I find this? Can anyone help me out?
new page for clay lovers

Barnet, UK

#8150 Jun 20, 2014
SFM wrote:
Hello all I have been eating matti and it is so hard to find. Where else can I find this? Can anyone help me out?
What kind of matti have you been eating? What does it look like and where is it usually from?
ann

New York, NY

#8151 Jun 20, 2014
Curious wrote:
Ann & icy chalk
Would any of you ladies like to sell me any of your white dirt from mutt & Jeff ?
Email me [email protected]
Icy chalk

Mount Vernon, NY

#8152 Jun 20, 2014
Curious wrote:
Ann & icy chalk
I haven't gotten it yet. I'm not really sure how to but I can try. I can let u know when I get it.
Icy chalk

Mount Vernon, NY

#8153 Jun 20, 2014
monika wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it from muller.....
Is there a website I can order from? I tried looking up muller but couldn't find anything except mueller gymnastic chalk.
crazy 4stuff w

South El Monte, CA

#8154 Jun 21, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean just digging a small hole in the ground & putting the chalk in there to let it get that earthy flavor ?
I suppose that would be one way but no i open the chalk and sprinkle soil in it or I'll put a couple of boxes worth of chalk in a paper bag and pour soil inn that not too much but enough for the chalk to absorb the taste
Runcornabs

Godalming, UK

#8155 Jun 21, 2014
My aunt craved coal during pregnancy and consumed small amounts by sucking on a small lump of it.
crazy 4stuff w

South El Monte, CA

#8156 Jun 21, 2014
Runcornabs wrote:
My aunt craved coal during pregnancy and consumed small amounts by sucking on a small lump of it.
I've also wondered about the taste of coal have you had it?
monika

Germany

#8157 Jun 22, 2014
Icy chalk wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a website I can order from? I tried looking up muller but couldn't find anything except mueller gymnastic chalk.
Online i dont know..but surely from muller in germany..similar to slate pencils..u can order dat from edible clay sukratbanani
dirtnclay

Winsford, UK

#8158 Jun 22, 2014
Currently sucking on Mavu's red soil cakes with my eyes closed lol! They are a lot smoother this time and I'm loving them! Now to stock up on more...:)
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#8159 Jun 22, 2014
Runcornabs wrote:
I am curious about this, but would be too frightened to try. What I do eat is medicinal charcoal. There is a type I buy here, meant for gas etc., and the crunch is so nice. It has a sweetener in it though, which I wish wasn't in it. I love them, but am careful not to eat too many. I have seen food grade charcoal powder online and may order some.
Curious

Ellenwood, GA

#8160 Jun 22, 2014
monika wrote:
<quoted text>
Online i dont know..but surely from muller in germany..similar to slate pencils..u can order dat from edible clay sukratbanani
I asked how much for his bag of slate pencils & he said $30
shaydee

Europe

#8161 Jun 22, 2014
Hey I'm frm cpt also love clay cn u plz snt me some frm joburg
Icy chalk

Mount Vernon, NY

#8162 Jun 22, 2014
crazy 4stuff w wrote:
<quoted text>
I've also wondered about the taste of coal have you had it?
Ive been tempted to get food grade activated charcoal. It comes as a powder but maybe could be made into chunks. I would not trust eating real coal.
Mobu Consumer

South Africa

#8163 Jun 22, 2014
shaydee wrote:
Hey I'm frm cpt also love clay cn u plz snt me some frm joburg
Hey Shaydee! There's a lady here on the forum that's also from cpt and ahe knows of a supplier that sells the Joburg clay, hopefully she will see your post and help you out. What kind of clay are you into? And how long have you been eating clay?
Mobu Consumer

South Africa

#8164 Jun 22, 2014
Icy chalk wrote:
<quoted text>
Ive been tempted to get food grade activated charcoal. It comes as a powder but maybe could be made into chunks. I would not trust eating real coal.
Hey, I know of a Lady that eats burned coal, like we eat clay. But she eats burnt coal, once its turned white and has cooled down, she takes the ashes puts then on a plate and eats it bit by bit with a teaspoon. I once tried it, in winter when I was clearing out the fire place,I took a piece of burnt coal, which would crumble and break @ first touch and I tried it, it didn't taste bad @ all. But it was too light for me and the taste was just not for me, I'd probably try it if my craving went through the roof and I was desperate and there was no clay.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#8165 Jun 22, 2014
Icy chalk wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I was thinking if I got some powder, or just eat it as is - as I said earlier I love the light crunch of the charcoal tablets I eat now. I would be afraid of getting hooked though, like this lady http://www.steveharveytv.com/i-eat-charcoal/
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#8166 Jun 22, 2014
Interesting article about activated charcoal and its benefits. Please note what it says about regular barbecue charcoal warning that to eat this could be lethal.
http://www.morethanalive.com/Activated-Charco...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maine's governor defies Feds, says no to junk f... Jun 23 longtail 1
News 10 Veggies To Get Your Nutrients In Jun 20 Marta 1
News Paul Ryan starts unveiling plan for 'better GOP' Jun 15 Tee Party DOA 44
News We should never have told people to start takin... Jun 14 Candy Generation 1
News Free meals program underway in Vacaville Jun 13 Free for All 1
News Area schools to provide free meals during summe... Jun 9 Work 9
News Obese woman met her fiance in the gym and now t... Jun 5 syfsupps 3
More from around the web