Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,346
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Curiosity

Birmingham, UK

#7422 Mar 16, 2014
Anyone ordered from soulsista here? What's nicer. The ayilo or the chunks?
Crystal

UK

#7423 Mar 17, 2014
I'm kinda new to this forum and from what I've read so far a lot of persons here crave clay, so did I, but not anymore!
For those that really want to break free from the addiction, try turning it over to God, he's an expert in "addiction-breaking" (whether drugs or clay), I'm certain He'll come through for u like He did for me!
Then for those who personally don't want to quit the constant clay-eating habit, its really your choice, and I can even help u access great deals on purchase cos its quite affordable and very accessible where I live.
Whichever, have a blessed day people!
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7424 Mar 17, 2014
Crystal wrote:
I'm kinda new to this forum and from what I've read so far a lot of persons here crave clay, so did I, but not anymore!
For those that really want to break free from the addiction, try turning it over to God, he's an expert in "addiction-breaking" (whether drugs or clay), I'm certain He'll come through for u like He did for me!
Then for those who personally don't want to quit the constant clay-eating habit, its really your choice, and I can even help u access great deals on purchase cos its quite affordable and very accessible where I live.
Whichever, have a blessed day people!
Hi Crystal. I was wondering how long have you been clay free and are you ever tempted since it is so accessible to you?

Also, can you tell us what type clay you have access to and how we would order?

Thanks.
Hannahclaylover

Bradford, UK

#7425 Mar 17, 2014
Curiosity wrote:
Anyone ordered from soulsista here? What's nicer. The ayilo or the chunks?
I love the chunks they are hard,smooth and earthy on the other hand the ayilo is crumbly with little stones and very earthy its really a matter of preference but i like the chunky clay.
facefaceface

Washington, DC

#7426 Mar 17, 2014
I've decided to try diatomaceous earth and see if I can replace chalk with it.

I don't really want to stop eating chalk, but I've always been curious about the health benefits of DE. And I figure if I like the taste and texture, it's better to eat something that could be good for you than something that might be bad LOL.
Curious

Mcdonough, GA

#7427 Mar 17, 2014
I don't think the iron pills are working for me . I feel like my cravings for clay hasn't went away at all . I watch Kenya cornstarch videos on youtube and some are good to me , others are quite weird. But I sometimes want to turn to cornstarch but I don't want to gain any weight or gain any of the side effects like breaking out , or yeast infections , some of the things I heard if you start eating it too much . I really like my earthy clay and the way others are saying how good chalk is I might want to give it another try . Idk I just need to satisfy my cravings somehow .
ClayCrave

United States

#7428 Mar 17, 2014
Hi all,
Can someone please tell, How to order from Soul Sista?
Curiosity

London, UK

#7430 Mar 17, 2014
What are soulsista's prices for the UK with postage too?
Hannahclaylover

Bradford, UK

#7436 Mar 18, 2014
postage for the uk is 2.60 i think
crazy 4stuff

Los Angeles, CA

#7437 Mar 18, 2014
Really thinking of ordering some clay (for the first time)has anyone tried home grown Georgia white dirt? If so how did u like or not like it?
angela

Mountain View, CA

#7438 Mar 19, 2014
you should change your interest to others, like shopping, I shop everyday, I will forget everything when I get the items I like, suggest you a amazing store inshopss.co
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7440 Mar 19, 2014
Got myself some moulded kaolin.Very crumbly,dry and unfortunately very smokey.Is there a way to get the smokey flavor out of the clay?
happykiddo

Manassas, VA

#7441 Mar 19, 2014
My entire 2 acre property sits on clay foundation. If I just dig for a few feet, I get clay.

Too bad I don't eat it. LOL.
Icychalk

Staten Island, NY

#7442 Mar 19, 2014
crazy 4stuff wrote:
Really thinking of ordering some clay (for the first time)has anyone tried home grown Georgia white dirt? If so how did u like or not like it?
I like crunching on ice and hard sticks if chalk. I like the gritty feeling on my tongue that dissolves. I tried the white dirt and it got sticky and clumped in my teeth and gums when I tried to swallow it. I hated that. Baking it gave it a little crunch but still sticky. I'm going to bake it some more and see if that changes anything... I heard that red dirt might b more to my liking but I can't get any info on how it tastes. Does anyone know?
Curious

Mcdonough, GA

#7443 Mar 19, 2014
crazy 4stuff wrote:
I usually order from either Leslie (georgiawhitedirt .com) or Wanda (goodoledirt .com).

Depending on what you'll like to try first .
-Leslie dirt is earthy & crumbly . It has a nice crunch .
-Wanda dirt is not your typical white dirt, her dirt is sour white dirt but it's very very earthy , nice & smooth . She's my favorite because I like sour dirt .
I recommend either of these websites because you'll get more for you money. Just a a little top though. If you still want to try home grown Georgia dirt then that's fine too . Good luck on your dirt experience .
Jap

High Point, NC

#7444 Mar 19, 2014
Y'all should try D Earth. Seriously.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7445 Mar 20, 2014
Jap wrote:
Y'all should try D Earth. Seriously.
Diatomaceous Earth? I used to be addicted! I have about half a good sized bag left and was thinking about trying it again, but in moderation.
Curious

Stockbridge, GA

#7446 Mar 20, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Diatomaceous Earth? I used to be addicted! I have about half a good sized bag left and was thinking about trying it again, but in moderation.
Is there anyway you can buy that in chunk form? Or is it all in powder form & you can make it into chunks by baking it? Does it taste earthy? Where could you get it?
facefaceface

Washington, DC

#7447 Mar 20, 2014
How do you make DE into chunks, actually?
And how would you describe the flavor?
Nightshade

Morehead, KY

#7448 Mar 20, 2014
Hey all, until recently, I couldn't get enough clay or chalk to eat. I had been eating both for about 6 months or more. I craved clay over food. I thought about clay when I was away from home & how I couldn't wait to get home to eat it. Then on the 18th of Feb. I went to the doctor, & she ordered a few tests done because I wasn't feeling well, I was weak, tired, wanted to sleep a lot. One of the tests ordered was a blood test. I came home & went to bed after the appt. Later that day she called me & told me I was severely anemic, my blood count was 5 & 12 is the normal. She also admitted me for a blood transfusion. I was also put on 325 mg iron 2 a day because my iron was so low. I haven't craved clay or anything since. I have even tried to eat the clay & chalk but it's lost its appeal to me. I thought my craving was totally normal I have always loved the smell of dirt, used to eat it as a kid. Have always snuck in a taste here & there from a potato or turnip from the garden. Dirt is what I actually craved & wanted but because of the dangers of eating dirt I tried clay instead. Chalk is something I ate when I was in high school because of the smell then again recently. So I hate to say it but maybe part of that craving does come from a deficiency of some kind. So maybe getting checked out isn't a bad idea. Honestly I never thought there was anything wrong with me other than my hormones.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
San Juan County schools districts adjust to new... Mon BeHereNow 5
Dietitian's online chat takes in weight loss, c... (Mar '11) Mon jaya 65
Polish polyphenol study identifies coffee, tea ... Sep 28 Clear Dharma 21
Hardee's Sandwich Piles Meat On More Meat (Apr '06) Sep 28 jeffery luise 40
U.S. nutrition program for mothers, infants see... Sep 25 BeHereNow 3
Passion for food: FoodCorps service worker to h... Sep 24 Profits 1
Knee joint replacment surgery Sep 24 gaile53 28

Nutrition People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE