Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,917
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Icychalk

Staten Island, NY

#7528 Apr 3, 2014
Omg... The chalk I ordered finally came but they sent me dustless. It was absolutely awful. I threw it all away. Same with the white clay dirt... Maybe I'll try that red soil. I just hate spending the money when I'm not sure if I'll like it.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7529 Apr 3, 2014
Icychalk wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually prefer a little grit as long as it breaks up and swallows easily. Not hard stones that have to be spit out.
I have to say that in my experience some of the red soil cakes had many tiny hard bits in it which I spat out. But I also can say that it was delicious - earthy taste and smell and a nice flavour. Good and crunchy. I love the colour too.

For me almost perfect - I like a bit of grit, but wish this was less gritty. I also prefer unmoulded clays - wish it was possible to get this soil in its completely natural state. Don't let me put you off though, I love this stuff!
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7530 Apr 3, 2014
Just wanted to share with you all what I am currently chewing on: my homemade clay and DE chunks! They are so good, and look and taste similar to ghana moulded clay (well the clay I have had from Soul Sista is better, but this is a good substitute for when I don't have that or other nice chunky clay).

I made the chunks by mixing pretty equal parts of Aztec brand clay with DE and adding just enough water so that the mixture can be shaped. I then heated them for a few minutes in a frying pan (don't know if this step necessary, but that's what I did) then baked in a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for about an hour. Crunchy, slightly crumbly tasty chunks!
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7531 Apr 3, 2014
Icychalk wrote:
Omg... The chalk I ordered finally came but they sent me dustless. It was absolutely awful. I threw it all away. Same with the white clay dirt... Maybe I'll try that red soil. I just hate spending the money when I'm not sure if I'll like it.
So sorry to hear that. That's why I don't order chalk online anymore - I can't stand the dustless either, although I know some people love it.

I was disappointed with white dirt first time too, but like it now. Much prefer coloured dirts though, like Wanda's pink clay and Leslie's red as well as the red soil.
Indian roasted clay

Copperas Cove, TX

#7533 Apr 3, 2014
Anyone interested in buying Indian grey roasted clay within USA can contact me on shabu786110@yahoo. Com for further information
Icychalk

Staten Island, NY

#7534 Apr 3, 2014
Facefaceface wrote:
<quoted text>
Gritty chalks irritate my teeth and my stomach, so I don't eat them.
Much prefer chalks that melt down to a smooth and creamy texture.
What are the gritty chalks your referring to? I may like them.
Icychalk

Staten Island, NY

#7535 Apr 3, 2014
All things clay wrote:
Just wanted to share with you all what I am currently chewing on: my homemade clay and DE chunks! They are so good, and look and taste similar to ghana moulded clay (well the clay I have had from Soul Sista is better, but this is a good substitute for when I don't have that or other nice chunky clay).
I made the chunks by mixing pretty equal parts of Aztec brand clay with DE and adding just enough water so that the mixture can be shaped. I then heated them for a few minutes in a frying pan (don't know if this step necessary, but that's what I did) then baked in a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for about an hour. Crunchy, slightly crumbly tasty chunks!
I have made the DE chunks but never mixed it with anything. What is Aztec clay?
Clay lover

Wheeling, IL

#7536 Apr 3, 2014
Indian roasted clay wrote:
Anyone interested in buying Indian grey roasted clay within USA can contact me on shabu786110@yahoo. Com for further information
Hi I want to buy indian roasted clay. Did you order from clay lover ?
Indian roasted clay

Copperas Cove, TX

#7537 Apr 3, 2014
Clay lover wrote:
<quoted text> Hi I want to buy indian roasted clay. Did you order from clay lover ?
Yes
clayssoyumm

Fremont, CA

#7538 Apr 3, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes
Hey I too want to order the clay..let me know what are the prices..
Inlove with aylio

Canada

#7539 Apr 3, 2014
crazy clay wrote:
Hello everyone I am new to this form any Canada Toronto clay eaters........

Yeah I'm in Toronto Canada I know where to buy aylio
facefaceface

Washington, DC

#7540 Apr 3, 2014
Icychalk wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the gritty chalks your referring to? I may like them.
Rose Art was gritty to me.
And I find that alot of the generic chalks that you find in dollar stores (they come in a box of like 40-50 for a $1) is very gritty.

And aztec clay is bentonite clay.
It's super cheap.
I bought a big bag of it to eat once, but I didn't like the earthy taste, so I use it for my hair and skin, and have continued buying it just for that purpose haha.
Inlove with aylio

Brampton, Canada

#7541 Apr 3, 2014
All things clay wrote:

Are you talking about the Aztec secret Indian healing clay ? The pore cleansing clay? Is it really edible I have a full jar off it that I use as a mask once in awhile
nun

Johannesburg, South Africa

#7543 Apr 4, 2014
im from South Africa you can get all kinds of clay here brown white and the are so fresh and crunchy ..i started eating clay when i was 14 and i never been sick and here in South Africa they sell it any were clay is so nice yumm yumm
nun

Johannesburg, South Africa

#7544 Apr 4, 2014
Facefaceface wrote:
<quoted text>
Gritty chalks irritate my teeth and my stomach, so I don't eat them.
Much prefer chalks that melt down to a smooth and creamy texture.
nope
mike smith

Manchester, UK

#7545 Apr 4, 2014
Since having a cinqueple bypass I have had a craving for chalk absolutely no idea why but if someone could enlighten me I would be so much more relaxed about it
3 sticks a day just about does it but I want the craving to go away please!!!chrikey3@tal
ktalk.net
red clay lover

Baltimore, MD

#7546 Apr 4, 2014
Hello Mike Smith. Your iron is probably low that why you have this craving. Try iron pills. Hope this helps
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7547 Apr 5, 2014
Can I ask why you are reselling this clay? Do you not like it, or did you buy it to sell? Can you give a review of the clay please?
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7548 Apr 5, 2014
Inlove with aylio wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about the Aztec secret Indian healing clay ? The pore cleansing clay? Is it really edible I have a full jar off it that I use as a mask once in awhile
Yes that's what I was talking about. I have eaten it off and on for a couple of years now - mixed with water to make a paste and eaten by the spoon, made into chunks, and now mixed with DE to make a paste or chunks.
sanela

Munich, Germany

#7549 Apr 5, 2014
Chalk lover wrote:
Forgot to mention, I also have
Amaco pottery clay in bite sized chunks
Moroccan Lava Clay (Rhassoul clay)
I want diz..how i get it..how i place my order..i wanna see..so put sum imsges as well

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Top 5 Bogus Public Health Scares (Aug '13) Feb 23 karik 12
Soda tax? Dietary guidelines panel advises maki... Feb 20 lolol 4
Nestl USA to remove artificial flavors a... Feb 17 Pete 1
Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Guest che... Feb 16 Lexi Pro 2
Brushton meat shop owner charged with misuse of... Feb 15 truth 22
Republicans Eye Changes to Food-Stamp Program Feb 15 barefoot2626 68
Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton to help fat people (Mar '07) Feb 13 DeployUrMind 11
More from around the web