Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.
Comments
6,881 - 6,900 of 7,872 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
nhlasto89

Zimbabwe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

inlove with aylio wrote:
The disadvantage of having clay sold near to you is that I feel weird going to buy it everytime lol like an addicted person then the person who sells it ask you if your pregnant or something lol and everytime you go tells you too much is not good lol like I know that already. Does anyone feel the same?
hahahaha the same always happens to me so i ended up telling the lady that i don eat the clay alone, i eat it with ma sisters and cousins
Suri Clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

inlove with aylio wrote:
The disadvantage of having clay sold near to you is that I feel weird going to buy it everytime lol like an addicted person then the person who sells it ask you if your pregnant or something lol and everytime you go tells you too much is not good lol like I know that already. Does anyone feel the same?
I became friends with the lady that sells it,so no problems here.I used to be ashamed to go and buy.I used to tell her I buy for the whole office.But since I've come clean with her I can just go and buy her whole stock and she wont say a word,Just smile at me and tell me what the batch tastes like or tell me when the next batch will be in..So lucky me...
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Suri Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I became friends with the lady that sells it,so no problems here.I used to be ashamed to go and buy.I used to tell her I buy for the whole office.But since I've come clean with her I can just go and buy her whole stock and she wont say a word,Just smile at me and tell me what the batch tastes like or tell me when the next batch will be in..So lucky me...
Yes, you are very lucky. I would be so happy if I could just go and buy clay from a shop/market, but the only type clay that is available to buy here (and only sometimes) is powdered clay sold to be used for the face - no chunks at all.

I am still trying to find real clay here. I have been told that in certain parts of the country there is clay down deep, and have asked a couple of people to look out for it for me (didn't tell them that I eat it though!) In the meantime the main store that I get chalk from has had a new supply of Crayola and it is good...nice and hard and crunchy.
facefaceface

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

I used to buy my chalk a few boxes at a time in person, but the sales people were asking too many questions.
Asking if I'm a teacher, where I teach, what grade my kids are in, how many do I teach, wow that's alot of chalk, etc.
I hate lying, even to strangers, so it made the whole experience really uncomfortable, and when I tried buying larger amounts of chalk so I wouldn't have to come in so often, they just had more questions.

Buying it online is so much more peaceful. The delivery man doesn't know what I do with my chalk and he doesn't want to know. Just wants to give me my package and carry on with his day.
Just how I like it LOL.
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

facefaceface wrote:
I used to buy my chalk a few boxes at a time in person, but the sales people were asking too many questions.
Asking if I'm a teacher, where I teach, what grade my kids are in, how many do I teach, wow that's alot of chalk, etc.
I hate lying, even to strangers, so it made the whole experience really uncomfortable, and when I tried buying larger amounts of chalk so I wouldn't have to come in so often, they just had more questions.
Buying it online is so much more peaceful. The delivery man doesn't know what I do with my chalk and he doesn't want to know. Just wants to give me my package and carry on with his day.
Just how I like it LOL.
And that is the way it is suposed to be.With no one looking at you all weird or asking any questions.
Mradulla

Dundee, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

Clay is gorgeous to smell like rain. You can eat a yellow clay from India. So goooo...d yumm....!
inlove with aylio

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

Suri Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
lol lucky but I became friends with the lady too but she still would be like.. My friend don't eat too much now take it easy lol even if I'm only buying 4 bags .. Your really lucky. When family comes over I send them instead hehehe
inlove with aylio

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

nhlasto89 wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahaha the same always happens to me so i ended up telling the lady that i don eat the clay alone, i eat it with ma sisters and cousins
lool I use to do the same thing then one time my boyfriend told her not to sell me any hahaha . But she still does!
inlove with aylio

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

I'm so upset the other day I got a bad batch of ayilo clay the whole 2 bags it was soo grity and full of pebbles couldn't enjoy it like all the other times ... Wasn't as creamy ... I really enjoy it creamy with little pebbles . So what I did to make it taste better was to crush them up really fine so the pebbles weren't so annoying and then I put it in a zip lock bag and eat mouth fulls with a spoon yummm!!... What do you guys do when you have a bad batch of clay.
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

Never had a bad batch,thank God,but I just finished rinsing out my mouth with alcohol after having a big scoop of cornstarch.That was not nice at all.Maybe wrong label.Tomorrow I will buy some more moulded white dirt.The last chunk I had yesterday surprised me.I actually know now what you all mean when you talk about the smell after the rain.That is what the last chunk tasted like.Really special...But the chunks were a little hard on my teeth,so I will stick to the soft,crumbly moulded ones.Have a clay day everyone..Much love....
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

inlove with aylio wrote:
<quoted text> lol lucky but I became friends with the lady too but she still would be like.. My friend don't eat too much now take it easy lol even if I'm only buying 4 bags .. Your really lucky. When family comes over I send them instead hehehe
Hope you have a lot of family coming over LOL
looking for clay

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

Can anyone help me? I want some good Georgia White Dirt but the people who sell it online want upwards fo $10 a lb (once you count shipping costs in). The first batch I bought was very hard and delicious. The next two were either bitter or tasteless. I also noticed that they were a lot softer than the first batch. I wonder if this makes a difference with the taste. I would really appreciate any help I can get.
Curious

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

looking for clay wrote:
Can anyone help me? I want some good Georgia White Dirt but the people who sell it online want upwards fo $10 a lb (once you count shipping costs in). The first batch I bought was very hard and delicious. The next two were either bitter or tasteless. I also noticed that they were a lot softer than the first batch. I wonder if this makes a difference with the taste. I would really appreciate any help I can get.
Who did you buy it from? Leslie (georgiawhitedirt .com) or Wanda (goodoledirt .com)? These are the only two people I buy from and even though their clay is on the expensive side, there are other "sellers" who sells 1 pound for like $20 or there's one where you have to buy a batch of 10 and then shipping is $10 which is a total of $20 and who's to say that, that batch of clay is good? That whole batch could be nasty. So I stick to Leslie and Wanda, more so Wanda because I like her sour taste to it. It taste soo good to me. And I'm not sure if I receive more clay from Wanda then I do from Leslie, I only had her clay once and then I tried Wanda's and got hooked on her clay. But I think even their clay is expensive. Buying 1 pound of clay for $5-$6 then the shipping is like $6 alone so it's like $12-$13 total and I'm living in the US, I even live in the same state as them. I don't know, I feel as though some people has it easier than us, they can go to a store and buy their clay while others has to pay $20 for 1 bag of clay and that doesn't last us at all. Its hard for this habit.
Curious

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

I went to the store today and I bought me some iron pills. Maybe it'll help me kick this habit and I also read that anemia is also the cause of hair shedding and breakage. You know since we already don't have enough red blood cells, its not helping hair growth. So I'm taking these pills for many reasons. To kick this clay habit, to help my hair growth because I am natural been natural for 4 years and this year will be 5 and I do have a hair goal, I would like for my hair to be waist length, right now its just now passing my breasts and I also feel as though I'm very weak. So it should help me on that too. Just wish me luck ladies and I wish you ladies luck on your clay addiction whether you're quitting or not. I support all of you ladies decisions.
UK CLAY

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Hey guys just wanted to give a shout out to Soul Sista, she is truly one of my favourite clay suppliers, always giving exceptional service, checking up to see whether we've received our clay just shows that she cares!

I have just received my 5 bags of Ayilo from her and im it disappointed, her clay is by the far the best and smokiest I've tasted!

Thank you Soul Sista for always being so amazing!

Since: Oct 13

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

UK CLAY wrote:
Hey guys just wanted to give a shout out to Soul Sista, she is truly one of my favourite clay suppliers, always giving exceptional service, checking up to see whether we've received our clay just shows that she cares!
I have just received my 5 bags of Ayilo from her and im it disappointed, her clay is by the far the best and smokiest I've tasted!
I agree--it is the best product I have had, and she has been great with the follow-up lately.
clay clay

Wolverhampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

UK CLAY wrote:
how do you buy? does she have a website or is it through email? and how much do you get for what price?
inlove with aylio

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

UK CLAY wrote:
sounds yummy was it unmolded or molded? Was it creamy and refreshing ? Lool was there a lot of pebbles or no ?
Mary Tyler

Beaumont, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

EbOnyx wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree--it is the best product I have had, and she has been great with the follow-up lately.
I have to agree I love me some SoulSista smokey ayilo .I haven't tasted any other that compare,I also like the size of the clay.Great customer service Soul Sista! Whoop Whoop
looking for clay

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Who did you buy it from? Leslie (georgiawhitedirt .com) or Wanda (goodoledirt .com)? These are the only two people I buy from and even though their clay is on the expensive side, there are other "sellers" who sells 1 pound for like $20 or there's one where you have to buy a batch of 10 and then shipping is $10 which is a total of $20 and who's to say that, that batch of clay is good? That whole batch could be nasty. So I stick to Leslie and Wanda, more so Wanda because I like her sour taste to it. It taste soo good to me. And I'm not sure if I receive more clay from Wanda then I do from Leslie, I only had her clay once and then I tried Wanda's and got hooked on her clay. But I think even their clay is expensive. Buying 1 pound of clay for $5-$6 then the shipping is like $6 alone so it's like $12-$13 total and I'm living in the US, I even live in the same state as them. I don't know, I feel as though some people has it easier than us, they can go to a store and buy their clay while others has to pay $20 for 1 bag of clay and that doesn't last us at all. Its hard for this habit.
Actually, I got all my batches off of ebay.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••