Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,269
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
crazy 4stuff

Los Angeles, CA

#7214 Feb 5, 2014
I'm not sure if chalk would have the same effect as clay but personally i have ate chalk for ever now n have 6kids but everyone's different
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#7215 Feb 6, 2014
Awwww Ackee, I love this forum and all the ladies in it. This place helped find peace with my self and gave me directions on how to stop based on other peoples experiences. My major worry borders on the relationship btw clay, anaemia, fibroid etc all of which I experienced. Sharing views may help us understand why and how.....
How have you been anyways?
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#7216 Feb 6, 2014
crazy 4stuff wrote:
I'm not sure if chalk would have the same effect as clay but personally i have ate chalk for ever now n have 6kids but everyone's different
totally agree with you

Since: Oct 13

New York, NY

#7218 Feb 6, 2014
Adaku wrote:
<quoted text>from personal experience and based on the number of black women who present to fertility clinics on daily basis I want to believe that an interplay of genetics, clay/ice craving, modern diet on the female body deregulates the hormones and can tilt a woman towards infertility. I don't of course totally agree that clay can physically accumulate anywhere along the female reproductive tract and kinda agree with you on that note, but as per the possibility of clay ruining you, I think when consumed connstantly without giving your system time to detoxify the toxins that may be present in the clay substance then yu are at risk. Also, it is not such a coincident that at least 5 out 10 women who crave and consume clay and other non food material present to the hospitals with history of very heavy bleeds and possible infertility issues.
In the US, up to 80% of black women and up to 70% of white women have fibroids by the time they reach 50. They are more common in overweight women, so being that African American women tend to be heavier qualifies it as being a causative factor. Being overweight or obese can have deleterious effects on fertility. STDs can wreak havoc on the reproductive system as well, and many go undiagnosed and untreated for years. Frankly, without the benefit of research dedicated solely to this issue, the argument that clay is responsible for infertility is speculative at best. Some clays are particularly dangerous because of what they contain, and while they and other safer clays may certainly play a role, at this point the link between them and infertility has not been proven.
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#7219 Feb 6, 2014
EbOnyx wrote:
<quoted text>
In the US, up to 80% of black women and up to 70% of white women have fibroids by the time they reach 50. They are more common in overweight women, so being that African American women tend to be heavier qualifies it as being a causative factor. Being overweight or obese can have deleterious effects on fertility. STDs can wreak havoc on the reproductive system as well, and many go undiagnosed and untreated for years. Frankly, without the benefit of research dedicated solely to this issue, the argument that clay is responsible for infertility is speculative at best. Some clays are particularly dangerous because of what they contain, and while they and other safer clays may certainly play a role, at this point the link between them and infertility has not been proven.
good thinking, which is why what I say regarding infertility is based on personal experience and what I have seen in other ladies. In the uk, it's pretty rare in Caucasians, they call it black folk disease

Since: Oct 13

New York, NY

#7220 Feb 6, 2014
Adaku, I wish I had the willpower to stop eating it. I would have a lot more money if I did, lol. It just tastes so good. I've started referring to it as "devil dirt." Every bit as addictive as crack.
crazy 4stuff

Rowland Heights, CA

#7221 Feb 6, 2014
Omg it is raining here n the wet dirt smells amazing
nhlasto89

Zimbabwe

#7222 Feb 7, 2014
itz raining here too and the cream,smooth dry clay i have @ home iz juss amazing.
ackee

Brooklyn, NY

#7223 Feb 7, 2014
Adaku wrote:
Awwww Ackee, I love this forum and all the ladies in it. This place helped find peace with my self and gave me directions on how to stop based on other peoples experiences. My major worry borders on the relationship btw clay, anaemia, fibroid etc all of which I experienced. Sharing views may help us understand why and how.....
How have you been anyways?
Yes my dear you are truly wonderful and insightful. I have not had clay since last year March. I have not bought any. I still crave it and drool for it. When I am stressed or when the rain hits the ground. It is so good especially when you have the right one. I am doing well. I am glad to see how you have made so much progress.
crazy 4stuff

United States

#7224 Feb 7, 2014
nhlasto89 wrote:
itz raining here too and the cream,smooth dry clay i have @ home iz juss amazing.
The smell of the earth omg i love it so much i just want to eat with my chalk lol
crazy 4stuff

Los Angeles, CA

#7225 Feb 8, 2014
Does anyone know where i can get a sample of clay? I currently eat chalk but am wanting something more earthy. If anyone knows please let me know thanks!
clayclay

Birmingham, UK

#7226 Feb 9, 2014
Am I crazy? I've been sat here refreshing mavu's website all day lol

“www.mavu.bigcart el.com”

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#7227 Feb 9, 2014
Hi Everyone!

Surprise, Surprise!

We received a shipment of our most popular clay this weekend A LOT sooner than we expected and we are super excited to be back in stock!

Order quick to get your hands on some as we are slightly limited this time round and we don't want any of you to be disappointed!

No one wants to be sending 'When are you going to be back in stock?' emails right? Now's your chance!

Hurry and..

ENJOY!

http://mavu.bigcartel.com/product/mavu

Kind Regards,
MavuSeller

P.S clayclay..you are not crazy lol!
crazy 4stuff

Los Angeles, CA

#7228 Feb 9, 2014
MavuSeller wrote:
Hi Everyone!
Surprise, Surprise!
We received a shipment of our most popular clay this weekend A LOT sooner than we expected and we are super excited to be back in stock!
Order quick to get your hands on some as we are slightly limited this time round and we don't want any of you to be disappointed!
No one wants to be sending 'When are you going to be back in stock?' emails right? Now's your chance!
Hurry and..
ENJOY!
Kind Regards,
MavuSeller
Do you do free samples?please let me know thanks!
Suri Clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7229 Feb 10, 2014
Hi,everyone.I am from Suriname.Probably clay country no 2.I have been reading this forum for a whole week now.Just couldn't stop reading all the posts and comments and advice given out here.I especially enjoyed Alexx her posts.As I identified with her al lot.In Suriname it's not hard to find the kaolin clay at all.It's being sold all over.Sometimes you pass about 50 fully stocked stands.And it's hard not to buy any if you are an addict like me.Started out with a small piece of clay 4 years ago to now 10 pieces daily.But with the help of all you people on this forum,I have decided to quit.It is going to be hard,I know,but I really want to..I know that the cravings will always be there,but I just really want to quit....Or at least cut back to just one bite a day..I have to....I don't want to,but I need to do it.For myself..Just finished my last 7 pieces about 10 minutes ago.Looking for the strength not to wlk out and go and buy some..Soooo good and delicious...

London, UK

#7230 Feb 10, 2014
crazy 4stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you do free samples?please let me know thanks!
Hi crazy 4stuff,

Unfortunately we don't offer samples as all our clays have already been packaged for full sale. Also, it works out cheaper in terms of postage to make a full order.

Kind Regards,
MavuSeller
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7231 Feb 10, 2014
MavuSeller wrote:
Hi Everyone!
Surprise, Surprise!
Hurry and..
ENJOY!
Kind Regards,
MavuSeller
Hi, what type do you have in?

London, UK

#7232 Feb 10, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, what type do you have in?
Hi,

Well we HAD the original Mavu clay chunks.

Can you believe it? Sold out already!

Will let the forum know when our next shipment comes in!

(For those that missed out...keep your eyes open!)

Kind Regards,
MavuSeller
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7233 Feb 10, 2014
MavuSeller wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi,
Well we HAD the original Mavu clay chunks.
Can you believe it? Sold out already!
Will let the forum know when our next shipment comes in!
(For those that missed out...keep your eyes open!)
Kind Regards,
MavuSeller
Hi MavuSeller, I have to ask this - and I am sure that others are thinking are same:

Why is it that you only receive such small shipments? And why does it seem so difficult to get certain types?

From what I have read and seen on youtube clay is easily obtainable in several African countries so I truly don't see why, once you go into business and suppliers have been sourced, there is a problem with availability. It can really be frustrating for those of us that do not have easy access to clay that there is such competition and a race to get it.

Your reply is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Mary Tyler

Lumberton, TX

#7234 Feb 10, 2014
Wow! I agree that was super fast, Well All things clay if you want to try smoked ayilo hit sold sista up. She always heavy stock and she is in the process of getting different type of clay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When talking about body size, African-American ... Sep 12 Rock 9
Black Women's Ideas Of Fat Far From Doctors'; M... Sep 12 BWEFocused 20
Organization to only prep Black children for su... Sep 9 LION 9
Fat Loss Factor Review: Does Dr. Charles Living... (Jul '12) Sep 9 Lena 70
Turmeric lowered high blood pressure (Feb '09) Sep 4 Jersonel 41
Mississippi remains most obese state, CDC reports (Jul '08) Sep 4 Watsa Mattau 3
More school districts consider free meals for all Aug 31 reendoga 2
•••

Nutrition People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••