Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9230 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Curious

Locust Grove, GA

#7144 Jan 24, 2014
taikorschalklover wrote:
i am a lover of tailors chalk the triangular one im not sure what makes it all i know it tastes like earth.ive been eating it for over twenty years...the hancock brand is the best its made in the uk....if theres anyone familiar with this please let me know via this forum
Do you eat the colored ones or do you just eat the white chalk? The colored ones look as though they don't taste earthy because of the chemical dye. Especially the black one.
facefaceface

Washington, DC

#7145 Jan 24, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you eat the colored ones or do you just eat the white chalk? The colored ones look as though they don't taste earthy because of the chemical dye. Especially the black one.
I don't think anyone anywhere should be eating colored chalk.
They taste terrible (once I tried because I couldn't find any white chalk and was desperate), but the colorants are really what freak me out lol.
taikorschalklove r

Kingston, Jamaica

#7146 Jan 24, 2014
facefaceface wrote:
<quoted text>
They taste terrible (once I tried because I couldn't find any white chalk and was desperate), but the colorants are really what freak me out lol.
ive tried all of the different colors my favorite is white, however i resort to eating others if white or yellow is not available.they do taste earthy cause they are clay based chalks
taikorschalklove r

Kingston, Jamaica

#7147 Jan 24, 2014
facefaceface wrote:
<quoted text>
i eat all the different colors depending on which is available, the white and yellow are definitely my favorite tho. these chalks have some amount of clay so they are very smooty and earthy you also get a crunch when you bite into it.
Soul Sista

Tadcaster, UK

#7148 Jan 24, 2014
Happy New Year to you all on the forum.
I would like to thank all of you for your patronage of Soul Sista's clay. To show my appreciation of your custom, I am having a sale on the egg shaped moulded clay from Ghana. For every 5 bags of clay ordered, you get 2 free bags. The sale starts on Monday 27th January and ends on Friday 31st January.
This sale is for customers in the U.S. only.
You pay for postage as usual and please allow 3 weeks for delivery. Stay tuned for dates for UK sales.
Bless!
inlove with aylio

Toronto, Canada

#7149 Jan 24, 2014
Soul Sista wrote:
Happy New Year to you all on the forum.
I would like to thank all of you for your patronage of Soul Sista's clay. To show my appreciation of your custom, I am having a sale on the egg shaped moulded clay from Ghana. For every 5 bags of clay ordered, you get 2 free bags. The sale starts on Monday 27th January and ends on Friday 31st January.
This sale is for customers in the U.S. only
You pay for postage as usual and please allow 3 weeks for delivery. Stay tuned for dates for UK sales.
Bless!
Hey soulsista what about canada?
Soul Sista

Southampton, UK

#7152 Jan 25, 2014
inlove with aylio wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey soulsista what about canada?
Yes, In Love With Ayilo, Canada is included.

Take Care

Bless.

Sameera

Germany

#7153 Jan 25, 2014
Hi..clayluvers..i jst wanna experience my share of eating clay nd slatepencils( made of natural stones earthy flavoured)....i eat multani mitti chunks..firstly wet it little den put in oven for 5/6 mints..wow..yummy earthy flavour..enjoy daily 3/4 big chunks of myn multani mitti..also eat daily slatepencils especially nd only target brant..2 box daily consists of 15/ 20 slatepencils..crunchy, smooth ..luv it
Info

Rochester, UK

#7154 Jan 25, 2014
Sameera wrote:
Hi..clayluvers..i jst wanna experience my share of eating clay nd slatepencils( made of natural stones earthy flavoured)....i eat multani mitti chunks..firstly wet it little den put in oven for 5/6 mints..wow..yummy earthy flavour..enjoy daily 3/4 big chunks of myn multani mitti..also eat daily slatepencils especially nd only target brant..2 box daily consists of 15/ 20 slatepencils..crunchy, smooth ..luv it
Hi, where do you buy the slate pencils from..?
Sameera

Germany

#7155 Jan 25, 2014
Info wrote:
<quoted text> Hi, where do you buy the slate pencils from..?
I got it frim india..as last month i waz dere..i brought it from ..ny grocery store or stationery store over dere u got it..
inlove with aylio

Toronto, Canada

#7156 Jan 25, 2014
Soul Sista wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, In Love With Ayilo, Canada is included.
Take Care
Bless.
Lol okay good . what are the prices for the 5 bag ? With shipping & how much is for unmolded ayilo
And do you have non pebbles aylio in stock ?
Please get back to me thank you.
Nightshade

Winder, GA

#7157 Jan 25, 2014
I am wondering how much clay is good for you, is eating too much harmful in anyway to ones body. If anyone knows please tell me. I also crave ice and chalk. Some days I feel like I need to eat all three & I do. I'm glad to know there are many others with the same cravings. Someone told me it was also safe to eat dirt if you bake it first. How long would you do that for & at what temperature?
ann

Brooklyn, NY

#7158 Jan 26, 2014
Nightshade wrote:
I am wondering how much clay is good for you, is eating too much harmful in anyway to ones body. If anyone knows please tell me. I also crave ice and chalk. Some days I feel like I need to eat all three & I do. I'm glad to know there are many others with the same cravings. Someone told me it was also safe to eat dirt if you bake it first. How long would you do that for & at what temperature?
Yes I believe too much clay is not good for the body. Remember that they used to take clay for medicinal purposes. So it was probably not consume in large quantities. I think the reason why we crave so much of it is because the foods we eat today are not natural. It does not contain the vitamins and minerals we need.The They are putting so much ans taking away so much from the foods today. Engineered foods. The prevalence of pics seems to be growing. It has to be a reason.
tonia

UK

#7159 Jan 28, 2014
Stop eating clay ladies
Curious

Locust Grove, GA

#7160 Jan 28, 2014
Why is it called white dirt when it's a clay texture when you chew on it? It's not gritty, it's smooth. Yes it's earthy but it's not dirt. Is it because its dug from the ground like any other clay? I never understood why it was called dirt. I call it clay due to the smooth texture it has when I'm chewing on it or how it sticks to my teeth when I chew a mouth full. I love the Georgia white dirt. I just love how earthy it is, the dry texture it gives & how smooth it is. I really love the crunch. My mouth waters as I think about eating some.

I think some people think just because its called georgia white dirt, it is sold everywhere and really it's not. I really think the only place it's sold in is like the county they dig it up from. But in other county there's not a store that sells the white dirt. It's ironic how its called georgia white dirt but its barely sold here. Unless its sold majorily in the country and not the city.
ann

New York, NY

#7161 Jan 28, 2014
I guess they can call salt dirt because it too is dug from the ground. We use it in our diet all the time.
Yashika

Lucknow, India

#7162 Jan 28, 2014
I think chalk is the best thing to consume , over here we get 6 boxes of chalk in 1$, so, cheap right!! It is obviously the first thing I wanna have in the morning but as mentioned previously I NEVER gulp it down my throat as it may have hazardous results later !
crazy 4stuff

Van Nuys, CA

#7163 Jan 28, 2014
Yashika wrote:
I think chalk is the best thing to consume , over here we get 6 boxes of chalk in 1$, so, cheap right!! It is obviously the first thing I wanna have in the morning but as mentioned previously I NEVER gulp it down my throat as it may have hazardous results later !
I agree chalk is so good! What kind of chalk do u Get for that cheap n how many sticks are in a box? I wish i could get that much for$1
Yashika

Lucknow, India

#7164 Jan 29, 2014
crazy 4stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree chalk is so good! What kind of chalk do u Get for that cheap n how many sticks are in a box? I wish i could get that much for$1
That chalk has a very earthy smell and even earthier taste .... It's very crunchy and smooth ... We get like 50 sticks per box .... The white ones are cheaper ... You can get around 9 boxes in 1$.... And the taste is simply indescribable ...
Info

Rochester, UK

#7165 Jan 29, 2014
Yashika wrote:
<quoted text>
That chalk has a very earthy smell and even earthier taste .... It's very crunchy and smooth ... We get like 50 sticks per box .... The white ones are cheaper ... You can get around 9 boxes in 1$.... And the taste is simply indescribable ...
Is this Slate Pencils you are talking about...if so which brand?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nation-Now 40 mins ago 6:50 a.m.Tennessee bill:... Wed TLC 1
News Two-thirds of packaged foods and drinks in Cana... Jan 13 blame it on Redpaths 1
News Intravenous vitamin C tested to fight cancer (Jun '06) Jan 12 johncatz 34
News Ontario School Receives Grant From DuPont Pioneer Jan 10 4 Cabin Fever etc 1
News Turmeric lowered high blood pressure (Feb '09) Dec '16 Ozz1 50
News Puppy Pals Ranch Announces a Special 'Long Term... (May '08) Dec '16 St Francis 11
News Federal subsidy failing to keep northern food h... Dec '16 yet 1
More from around the web