Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9259 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Mary Tyler

Orange, TX

#6874 Dec 4, 2013
pirit possession is a paranormal or supernatural event in which it is said that animas, demons, extraterrestrials, gods, spirits, or other disincarnate entities take control of a human body, resulting in noticeable changes in health and/or behavior. The term can also describe a similar action of a spirit taking residence in an inanimate object, possibly giving it animation.
The concept of spiritual possession exists in many religions, including Christianity,[1] Buddhism, Haitian Vodou, Wicca, and Southeast Asian and African traditions. Depending on the cultural context in which it is found, possession may be considered voluntary or involuntary and may be considered to have beneficial or detrimental effects to host.
Spirit possession is cross-culturally more common among women than men.[2]

Hi Straight Shooter this is the defintion POSSESSED. This is not what you are feeling or saying by craving clay. You have PICA and dont be ashame cause I and most of all the clay forum member has it as well that why we visit these site.
Enjoy your clay dear ask the colleague if he/she would like to try some.
mitti lover

Bangalore, India

#6875 Dec 5, 2013
clayssoyumm wrote:
hey anyone tasted indian grey roasted clay..not multani mitti...the other one that we get from the roadside kiosks..
yes... I have tried that clay. I thot it is multani mitti only. It is very crunchy and over baked. It tastes bit earthy bt more smoky. I like multani mitti thn dis roasted clay.
Abazieu

Orlando, FL

#6876 Dec 5, 2013
clayssoyumm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey i too live in America can u tell me which african stores do you get it...??Thanks in advance!
I go to choice food store here in Orlando Florida
clayssoyumm

Fremont, CA

#6877 Dec 5, 2013
Abazieu wrote:
<quoted text>
I go to choice food store here in Orlando Florida
Hey Abazieu would it be possible for you to ship it to me in California....i'll pay you for all the expenses...do let me know...thnks!
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#6878 Dec 5, 2013
Hey ladies, been a while! Well about being possessed, I simply think that different people give different things different explaination based on personal experience, culture, race and beliefs. To a medical person, it's jus pica which results from iron deficiency coupled with that part of the brain concerned with dependence and addiction. To some other persons it sounds silly that any one should crave clay. My opininion is whatever yu choose to indulge in, make sure you are in control. Know when to stop ! Nice reading previous posts.
hannahclaylover

Edinburgh, UK

#6879 Dec 5, 2013
Adaku wrote:
Hey ladies, been a while! Well about being possessed, I simply think that different people give different things different explaination based on personal experience, culture, race and beliefs. To a medical person, it's jus pica which results from iron deficiency coupled with that part of the brain concerned with dependence and addiction. To some other persons it sounds silly that any one should crave clay. My opininion is whatever yu choose to indulge in, make sure you are in control. Know when to stop ! Nice reading previous posts.
how is it going are you still not eating clay, have the iron pills worked till now?
anjali

Scarborough, Canada

#6880 Dec 5, 2013
hi anyone can u plz tell me whr can i find some clay in toronto bcz i just have around is multani mitti i want to try some thing different want to have indian roasted clay its so yummy......
clayssoyumm

Fremont, CA

#6881 Dec 5, 2013
anjali wrote:
hi anyone can u plz tell me whr can i find some clay in toronto bcz i just have around is multani mitti i want to try some thing different want to have indian roasted clay its so yummy......
Hi anjali...i too am searching for someone who could provide me the indian roasted clay....whats your experience with it??...how long have you been eating this clay??...
angela

Flushing, NY

#6882 Dec 5, 2013
Hey ackeee, how are you? It is nice to hear from you. I am doing very well actually. I dont crave clay at all. I take iroon pills and multivitamins. I have been eating very healthy, cooking at home. Due to being anemic for so long I have developed a little obstruction of some sort in my lungs. I get like asthma attacks and reactions and things. I have been going to many doctors and stuff, getting evrything chkd. I had gotten very very sick, had to quit my job and drop out of skool for this semester, but things are getting better. I hope you are well.. And I hoope everyone else is also doing well.. Enjoy the holidays guys...
ackee

Bronx, NY

#6883 Dec 5, 2013
angela wrote:
Hey ackeee, how are you? It is nice to hear from you. I am doing very well actually. I dont crave clay at all. I take iroon pills and multivitamins. I have been eating very healthy, cooking at home. Due to being anemic for so long I have developed a little obstruction of some sort in my lungs. I get like asthma attacks and reactions and things. I have been going to many doctors and stuff, getting evrything chkd. I had gotten very very sick, had to quit my job and drop out of skool for this semester, but things are getting better. I hope you are well.. And I hoope everyone else is also doing well.. Enjoy the holidays guys...
@My dear Angela I am glad to know that you are doing well. I am sorry that you have to be going through so much. I know you have a strong will and you will get better and have success. I see the clay habit no longer there. It was good hearing you again. I am well and not taking clay that much. I have not had any for a very long time now even though i think of it sometimes. i wish you all the best.
ann

Bronx, NY

#6884 Dec 5, 2013
clayssoyumm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi anjali...i too am searching for someone who could provide me the indian roasted clay....whats your experience with it??...how long have you been eating this clay??...
check out facebook why we crave and love clay they have a lot of different suggestions on what you might be looking for.
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#6885 Dec 5, 2013
@ Hannah , well I stopped for 7 months, tried again but just don't seem to like anymore. Not on iron tabs and I feel so good and healthy. Better than I've been in years.@ Angela sorry to hear about your illness, but great to know you are hale and well, I'm glad you have stayed with your. Vitamins and iron.@ ackeeeeee, lonnnnnng time! Lost your email, someone hacked my email and deleted my contacts...I kinda lost all my pals......hope you are doing great! Merry Xmas house........

Since: Sep 13

Reisterstown, MD

#6886 Dec 6, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
pirit possession is a paranormal or supernatural event in which it is said that animas, demons, extraterrestrials, gods, spirits, or other disincarnate entities take control of a human body, resulting in noticeable changes in health and/or behavior. The term can also describe a similar action of a spirit taking residence in an inanimate object, possibly giving it animation.
The concept of spiritual possession exists in many religions, including Christianity,[1] Buddhism, Haitian Vodou, Wicca, and Southeast Asian and African traditions. Depending on the cultural context in which it is found, possession may be considered voluntary or involuntary and may be considered to have beneficial or detrimental effects to host.
Spirit possession is cross-culturally more common among women than men.[2]
Hi Straight Shooter this is the defintion POSSESSED. This is not what you are feeling or saying by craving clay. You have PICA and dont be ashame cause I and most of all the clay forum member has it as well that why we visit these site.
Enjoy your clay dear ask the colleague if he/she would like to try some.
Bravo Mary Tyler! What you have said is true. Sometimes people are so quick to judge they let their ignorance speak for them!
ackee

Brooklyn, NY

#6887 Dec 6, 2013
@adaku I am glad to see you here. It has been a long time. I am doing well. You are missed in the forum. Your insight into our love of clay was great. Thanks for that. I do not eat clay as I used to. It has been a long time. From time to time when my iron is low I think about it. I have been getting iron in I.V from doctor. If your e-mail is the same I will send you a note just to keep in touch. Glad you have overcome I know it was a struggle. Thanks again you have helped me a lot.
inlove with aylio

Toronto, Canada

#6894 Dec 7, 2013
anjali wrote:
Hi I live in toronto and I eat the ghana moulded aylio clay all the time I love it and I get it from a store down the street from me the lady who sells it always has diffrerent kinds . When I go to buy some more ill tell you the name of the store and get you the number .
Princess

Croydon, UK

#6895 Dec 8, 2013
I do eat classroom chalk, all colours & I also calabash chalk. Just read on Internet now that they contain lead and arsenic and could lead to different diseases.
I'm so scared now and determined to stop the habit.
I know I have PICA disorder but don't know where to get help.
I'm 41 now and been eating these stuffs especially the classroom chalk since I was a child.
Need help fast.
anjali

Scarborough, Canada

#6896 Dec 8, 2013
inlove with aylio wrote:
<quoted text>.
Hi I live in toronto and I eat the ghana moulded aylio clay all the time I love it and I get it from a store down the street from me the lady who sells it always has diffrerent kinds . When I go to buy some more ill tell you the name of the store and get you the number .
thanks n do let me knw her address n contact number.......
Ellen

South Africa

#6897 Dec 8, 2013
WOW...its nice to see Im not the only one who is addicted to clay but recently i'm falling inlove with de sand, sand that is used for building houses,my mouth is watering olready....
inlove with aylio

Toronto, Canada

#6898 Dec 8, 2013
anjali wrote:
<quoted text>thanks n do let me knw her address n contact number.......

Your welcome and where do you get the multani mitti clay? And how much is it where you buy it from ?
anjali

Scarborough, Canada

#6899 Dec 8, 2013
inlove with aylio wrote:
<quoted text>
Your welcome and where do you get the multani mitti clay? And how much is it where you buy it from ?
earlier i used to get frm malton whr tht cost me $15 for 200g n i said to everyone if anyone need it i can send thm bt now i find a new place whr i get it for $4 n its in iqbal food near east york thorncliff park.......bt want to have indian roasted clay its too yummy.....whr r u frm in toronto i live at pape

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Free meals available to all Livingston Parish p... Wed uchrisbrownq 1
News Defeat insomnia and sleep easy with these top f... (Oct '13) Jul 14 socialchris 7
News Welfare cheats need not apply Jul 1 Our welfare state 11
News Nation-Now 40 mins ago 6:50 a.m.Tennessee bill:... (Jan '17) Jul 1 Fat mama 3
News Millions on food stamps at risk under Trump's c... Jun '17 Trump forever 3
News Food stamp cuts would hit Wabash Valley hard Jun '17 Dan 61
News Honey Boo Boo's diet now a serious study by uni... (Oct '12) Jun '17 Tex-Ankini 7
More from around the web