Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,476
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story

Since: Sep 13

Reisterstown, MD

#6716 Oct 23, 2013
clay lover wrote:
I LOVE EATING FREAKING CLAY THE ONE I EAT IS GREY ITS JUST SOOOOOO EARTHY THE TASTR SMELL AND EVERYTHING I LOVE I ALSO EAT DIRT FOR THAT EARTHY TASTE
Hi Claylover, what kind of clay do you eat that is grey and earthy? I would love to try some!
need roasted clay

Wylie, TX

#6717 Oct 23, 2013
All things clay wrote:
Hello all, I would just like to say thanks to a few ladies here:
First to UK Clay, as due to a message from her I was prompted to contact Soul Sista to enquire about clay.
Next to Soul Sista herself, who I would like to thank for her excellent customer service extended to me in getting clay to me within my time frame. I had never tried the two types that she sells, and to be frank with the first bite didn't think I would like the moulded clay (quite strong smoky, roasted taste) but I soon found that I had quickly acquired a taste for it! Woke up craving it last night, but resisted.
I also like the clay in its natural state that I got from Soul Sista, although I will bake it to hopefully make it crunchier and bring out the flavour more.
Next I would thank a lady here who is not a supplier but who sold me some Indian Black/Grey roasted clay from her personal supply. Thank you so much! I LOVE this clay, it is so crunchy with just the right amount of grittiness for me before turning smooth. I like the flavour of it too. It is very crunchy - good for people who like harder clay I would say.
I have been overindulging in clay the past couple of days, but I don't feel too bad about it because - as is my usual practice with all new clays that I try - I have just been chewing rather than swallowing the clay.
Unfortunately it has not worked out in getting Mavu clay this time - by the time I realized that she had more stock there wasn't enough time to order it.
Please im looking for roasted clay and i dont know where u got yours. could you please tell me how to get it or where it is sold. any information will be appreciated. thanks
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6718 Oct 23, 2013
need roasted clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Please im looking for roasted clay and i dont know where u got yours. could you please tell me how to get it or where it is sold. any information will be appreciated. thanks
Hi, I'm not sure what type of roasted clay you are looking for but Soul Sista's email is: soulghfoods@hotmail.com. You could contact her to see if what she offers might suit you.

The Indian black/grey roasted clay I got from a lady on the forum who was kind enough to contact me on my email address and offer to sell me some of her clay, and I don't know where she got it from. I am therefore unable to pass on her contact details, but maybe if she sees this she will share where she got her supply from?

Hope that helps.
need roasted clay

Wylie, TX

#6719 Oct 23, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, I'm not sure what type of roasted clay you are looking for but Soul Sista's email is: soulghfoods@hotmail.com. You could contact her to see if what she offers might suit you.
The Indian black/grey roasted clay I got from a lady on the forum who was kind enough to contact me on my email address and offer to sell me some of her clay, and I don't know where she got it from. I am therefore unable to pass on her contact details, but maybe if she sees this she will share where she got her supply from?
Hope that helps.
Thank-U very much for your assistance. The specific type of roasted clay i was looking for is the African type not the indian one, but i hope Soul sista will have that one or something similar available for me to get.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6721 Oct 24, 2013
I was wondering if anyone had anything good to say about harvestgirl1's clay. The reviews and pictures I've seen aren't good, but has anyone tried it that likes it and thinks it really is clay?

I've seen that Indian silkor on the why we love and crave clay facebook page (love to look at that page). It looks so good to me, like it would be nice and earthy. For ladies that eat it, can you share what it is like?

Thanks
love4clay2

Washington, DC

#6722 Oct 24, 2013
Hi Everyone...this is love4clay2. I just wanted to inform you that I have a special going on for $10 a bag instead of $12 for those who order today through Friday. Shipping withing the US remains the same for 1-2 bags at $6.00, and 3 to approximately 9 bags for $12.35. Payment can be made to Paypal acct.: love4clay2@yahoo.com. Your package is forwarded within 2-3 days to the address you indicate, once payment clears . To make payment please go to the Paypal website and click on BUY and then MAKE PAYMENT follow the instructions to make payment. You don't need a paypal to make a payment to mine. I have attached pictures of the type of clay I sell; also known as Ayilo/Shire. Pictures of the clay can be seen @ https://www.facebook.com/trish.nater/media_se... . Once again, thank you for your patronage...it is very much appreciated.
UK CLAY

Towcester, UK

#6723 Oct 24, 2013
All things clay wrote:
I was wondering if anyone had anything good to say about harvestgirl1's clay. The reviews and pictures I've seen aren't good, but has anyone tried it that likes it and thinks it really is clay?
I've seen that Indian silkor on the why we love and crave clay facebook page (love to look at that page). It looks so good to me, like it would be nice and earthy. For ladies that eat it, can you share what it is like?
Thanks
Sikor is the one and only clay I have grown to eat as my mum grandmother used to eat it. I had never known of other clays until I found this forum and got the chance to try other kind of clays and I have to say there is no clay that tastes like sikor!

It's solid and hard when you bite into to takes a while to melt on your tounge. Tastes sort of muddy and roasted so so so earthy the smell in itself is earthy! Once it's melted that's when then real fun is as it gets just that little bit gritty! It's so hard to explain but it tastes nothing like Ayilo or odowa or the soil cakes at all!

I am the one who sent the picture to the why we crave clay forum as my mum sends me pieces when she gets her hands on it. It is super addictive, my favourite clay ever

Reisterstown, MD

#6724 Oct 24, 2013
love4clay2 wrote:
Hi Everyone...this is love4clay2. I just wanted to inform you that I have a special going on for $10 a bag instead of $12 for those who order today through Friday. Shipping withing the US remains the same for 1-2 bags at $6.00, and 3 to approximately 9 bags for $12.35. Payment can be made to Paypal acct.: love4clay2@yahoo.com. Your package is forwarded within 2-3 days to the address you indicate, once payment clears . To make payment please go to the Paypal website and click on BUY and then MAKE PAYMENT follow the instructions to make payment. You don't need a paypal to make a payment to mine. I have attached pictures of the type of clay I sell; also known as Ayilo/Shire. Pictures of the clay can be seen @ https://www.facebook.com/trish.nater/media_se... . Once again, thank you for your patronage...it is very much appreciated.
Love4clay2 I tried to buy from you at PayPal but I had no luck. I didn't see anywhere that said buy to click on. Maybe you can tell me better how to do it. I would like to taste your clay

Reisterstown, MD

#6725 Oct 24, 2013
Soilseeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Love4clay2 I tried to buy from you at PayPal but I had no luck. I didn't see anywhere that said buy to click on. Maybe you can tell me better how to do it. I would like to taste your clay
Hello again love4clay2. I was able to figure out how to buy from you on PayPal and I have sent you a payment. I'm looking forward to getting it. I hope it's soon. Thank you for selling to us.
cent

Lake Havasu City, AZ

#6726 Oct 24, 2013
I've visted mavu seller webpage but could not order
anything with my credit debit card . did not accept it. Also this webpage only give the choice to order the red clay and not the other two. I was going to order all three and try them. I also tried to get a sample from mavu seller but the web page they gave me for a sample said( oops cannot find the webpage). So I do not know what is going on. I think its a poor webpage design and needs work.

Reisterstown, MD

#6727 Oct 24, 2013
cent wrote:
I've visted mavu seller webpage but could not order
anything with my credit debit card . did not accept it. Also this webpage only give the choice to order the red clay and not the other two. I was going to order all three and try them. I also tried to get a sample from mavu seller but the web page they gave me for a sample said( oops cannot find the webpage). So I do not know what is going on. I think its a poor webpage design and needs work.
I was also dissapointed that Mavu Seller only offered the red clay to buy because I wanted to try them all. I sent Mavu a message asking when other clays would be available but I got no reply. However, I didn't have a problem ordering the red clay....just clicked on the picture and put in quantity and clicked buy. It took me to PayPal where I finished the order, and I was happy I got the order very fast! I have grown to really like the red clay. It is very crunchy which I like.
Ticcia

Balbriggan, Ireland

#6728 Oct 25, 2013
Anyone from Ireland Dublin know where I can get some clay?!!!
Cint

United States

#6729 Oct 25, 2013
cornstrach eater wrote:
Anyone that has tried goodolddirt did it make u have problems using the restroom.
I ordered from goodold dirt and it was a little nasty because theirs are very bitter tasting with no earth flavor
shadae

Tampa, FL

#6731 Oct 26, 2013
clay lover wrote:
I LOVE EATING FREAKING CLAY THE ONE I EAT IS GREY ITS JUST SOOOOOO EARTHY THE TASTR SMELL AND EVERYTHING I LOVE I ALSO EAT DIRT FOR THAT EARTHY TASTE
Can u send me some? Email me lashundashelton@yahoo.com pleeeease
shadae

Tampa, FL

#6732 Oct 26, 2013
Earthy Lady wrote:
So today I finally had the chance to go to the market to buy some clay. Turns out I was in for a surprise. The lady I buy it from has pumped up her stock. I mean like insanely. She has clay from: Zambia- white clay essentially which I bought to try because I've been dying to taste some. Then she has clay from Congo and Cameroon. Then the usual clay from joburg and Zimbabwe-this is like the original mavu like I said before. I was in a clay eater's heaven! So now I have 5 clays to choose from. I've asked about getting the kenyan clay, she said yes she will try get it. None of her clay is baked except the one clay I bought which was roasted, it's really 'raw'and amazingly earthy. I decided to bake some of the white clay and original mavu clay. Will update on how they taste baked and unbaked. Yay!
Does she have an email add I want some bad
shadae

Tampa, FL

#6733 Oct 26, 2013
Anyone with good red, yellow, brown or gray clay dirt email me at lashundashelton@yahoo.com serious inquiries only
clayaholic

Bridgwater, UK

#6734 Oct 26, 2013
shadae wrote:
Anyone with good red, yellow, brown or gray clay dirt email me at lashundashelton@yahoo.com serious inquiries only
Personally, I'd say Mavu's red roil clay is hands down THE best I've had and I've eaten quite a few varieties! You should visit her website or email her or something.
Mz libra

Marcus Hook, PA

#6735 Oct 27, 2013
Hello Pica family! It has been a real struggle with this Pica. I was going to order my white dirt but decided not to. So I purchased once again some cornstarch(Clovervalley) I ate some in powder form and then made chunks. The more I tried to eat them I couldn't. So I threw away what I had left. I also purchased Argo in the container. I haven't had it in the container in a long time. Boy oh boy the softness of that cornstarch was so incredible!!!! The squeaky sound in my mouth was to die for. I ate the whole container in 3 days. Today I purchased Argo laundry starch made some chunks ate a few but didn't like it at all! Idk what's going on with my Pica its like its in and out when before I had to have cornstarch white dirt like every week. I have had 4 boxes of cornstarch at one time. Oh well just wanted to share
hannahclaylover

Mclean, VA

#6736 Oct 27, 2013
Hi im from the uk and i can't find any seller that isn't mavu does anyone have any ideas on where i could get some soul sista hasn't replied to me in a week and 1 day actually craving soo much right now

Washington, DC

#6737 Oct 27, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
Hello Pica family! It has been a real struggle with this Pica. I was going to order my white dirt but decided not to. So I purchased once again some cornstarch(Clovervalley) I ate some in powder form and then made chunks. The more I tried to eat them I couldn't. So I threw away what I had left. I also purchased Argo in the container. I haven't had it in the container in a long time. Boy oh boy the softness of that cornstarch was so incredible!!!! The squeaky sound in my mouth was to die for. I ate the whole container in 3 days. Today I purchased Argo laundry starch made some chunks ate a few but didn't like it at all! Idk what's going on with my Pica its like its in and out when before I had to have cornstarch white dirt like every week. I have had 4 boxes of cornstarch at one time. Oh well just wanted to share
I'm glad when people share they're stories, what they like or don't like. It lets me know I am not alone with loving clay and dirt!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
8 million Ugandan children live in abject pover... Thu kizito 1
Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE) 2014 ... Oct 22 Gerald Vonberger 1
Panel: Vitamins & Supplements May Not Be Worth ... (Dec '13) Oct 21 Glachealth 3
Alternative Medicines for a Yeast Infection (Jan '13) Oct 20 sakshi11 4
Adrenal fatigue could be making you tired, anxious (Sep '10) Oct 20 sakshi11 4
Get your vaccines up to date Oct 19 ricDUH DUH99 8
Shoppers Are Suing Bottled Water Manufacturers ... (Apr '13) Oct 18 Thruth will come out 5

Nutrition People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE