Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9044 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6527 Sep 3, 2013
Hi Udz, I too am interested in all types of clay. Can you describe what those other clays are like that you mention? Thanks
Alabama Red

Bessemer, AL

#6528 Sep 3, 2013
Thanks Udz. It's great that you are willing to help clay lovers with there cravings. I don't crave clay every day but I do like trying different kinds.
Info

Leicester, UK

#6529 Sep 3, 2013
Another interested party here :) I would love to try especially the red odowa that's shown in that Youtube video 'Chewing up stones in Kenya'
Udz wrote:
I am soon moving back to Kenya and after being abroad for so long and not being able to get clay I am happy it will now be at my disposal.
It is really stressful to get clay here and for me since I will be able to get as much clay as I like I would like to help you ladies out. For those who are Kenyan i can get Nakumatt Clay, its very smooth and earthy though some packets are very gritty therefore I can cater to both different tastes depending on what you like, there is Tuskys clay, Ebrahims Clay and the Udongo Clay sold by the ladies on the market. For those who are not Kenyan, I plan to post pictures and you can see the different clays I am talking about.
I would just like to know how many of you would be interested in buying the clay. I aim to offer the true market value of the clay, as I'm sure some of you know how cheap the prices are for clay in Africa, n the additional cost on your part will be the shipping cost.
I am to do this because I know what it feels like to crave Clay and not be in a position to get any, and the ones that are available do not really suit your prefferences. I have been on Iron tablets for a while but they dont seem to work that well and one of the things I am really excited about is the chance to get as much clay as I want, and I'd like to help you guys out if you have been in the same position as me, craving clay so badly, the thought of it makes your mouth water, but you cant get any access to it.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#6530 Sep 3, 2013
Udz If you haven't visited the Facebook Why we crave & love clay I would suggest you visited and view all the delicious clay pictures. Best of luck on your new journey of the PICA WORLD. I would also be interested in the kalaba clay from Togo. The absolute best I hear.
TwinsOTW

Franklin, TN

#6531 Sep 3, 2013
Info wrote:
Another interested party here :) I would love to try especially the red odowa that's shown in that Youtube video 'Chewing up stones in Kenya'
<quoted text>
I am addicted to watching that video!!! Also, Miss Kenya has a youtube video of herself sampling Mavu just type in mavu clay and her videos will come up. She also eats white georgia dirt, red clay, and corn starch lol. I love her videos.
Udz

Warwick, UK

#6532 Sep 4, 2013
EbOnyx wrote:
<quoted text>
I, for one, would be exceedingly grateful to be able to order from you. It would only be fair that you make some profit for your time though, because you will likely be inundated with orders. This habit is often stressful, time-consuming, and very expensive but I still want to try every kind I can get my hands on.
Great to see that you are on board! We have a couple of different varieties of clay and I will be sure to post pictures to make your ordering easier when you can see exactly what you are ordering.
Udz

Warwick, UK

#6533 Sep 4, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
Udz If you haven't visited the Facebook Why we crave & love clay I would suggest you visited and view all the delicious clay pictures. Best of luck on your new journey of the PICA WORLD. I would also be interested in the kalaba clay from Togo. The absolute best I hear.
Thank you! I will definitely check the group out
Udz

Warwick, UK

#6534 Sep 4, 2013
Info wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, i know the one you are talking about. being in the country will be easy for me to source all the different clays, so once everything is up and running I will be sure to let you guys know, I just wanted to be sure there would be a market before I venture into it.
Udz

Warwick, UK

#6535 Sep 4, 2013
Alabama Red wrote:
Thanks Udz. It's great that you are willing to help clay lovers with there cravings. I don't crave clay every day but I do like trying different kinds.
Yes I am because i have been in this position for so long and since I will not get the clay available to me whenever I crave it, why not help others out :)
TwinsOTW

Franklin, TN

#6536 Sep 4, 2013
Udz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am because i have been in this position for so long and since I will not get the clay available to me whenever I crave it, why not help others out :)
i would love to try odowa. I want to try every clay that i can :)
nursegirl

Columbus, GA

#6537 Sep 5, 2013
Hello, just a friendly comment. I am a nurse and we have lots of white dirt or clay eaters in our area. This habit can cause extreme anemia and constipation. Please be careful with your clay eating because it can cause these problems. With my last pregnancy I craved Tums so I understand the feeling of wanting that chalky substance.
Earthy Lady

Cape Town, South Africa

#6538 Sep 5, 2013
SA consumer wrote:
Earthy lady and Clayer 2....where in johannesburg do u buy ur clay?i hav came across d clay which had d blck thngs in it....but most clays iv purchased ddnt hav...so i gues it depends on whr u get it.....i hvnt been buying clay 4 some time now but i crave it lyk crazy...i wsh i had a frnd wu ate so i cud get a chance 2 bite nw n dn..coz i dnt see myself buying it again....obvious whn u buy u get more n i tend to eat mch.....nt dat i eat @ once but i cnt get it off my mnd so i get 2 hav a bite nw n dn.....i wndr if d cravings wil eva go away....m sooooooo craving i smtyms wsh i cud jst grab a handful of top soil n chew dn spit it out...y is it lyk ds?i wndr y i started eating it....but m glad m nt dat mch addicted coz i cn go 4 mnths ignoring d crave.....jst wana hav a bite nw n dn,m sure dat us nt dat harful....is it?
Hey well the clay I buy is from Joburg, but is sold in Cape Town. I wish I knew where they bought it but no I don't. Im based in Cape Town.
Earthy Lady

Cape Town, South Africa

#6539 Sep 5, 2013
Hi All

Just finished playing catch up with the forum. I've been busy with studies and it's only going to get worse. I haven't had clay in about a month or so (no I lie). In any case, I said I am totally not touching for a long while because of my stint with lead poisoning. I found some clay in my aunt's handbag when I was with her recently. I didn't know she ate clay though I knew her friend did. So that did not help my clay fast. She was telling me how it's possible to get white dirt or something similar around South Africa but she says it is very hard to find. During the entire time I was with her she was just munching away, my mouth was watering and I tried to resist but goodness I had one chunk and it was really good, she'd baked it so it was crunchy, earthy and very smooth oh but it was great.
Yeshi Gemaneh

Oakland, CA

#6540 Sep 5, 2013
Why did you suppress my comment on clay? I don't see it anywhere.
Clay lover

Las Vegas, NV

#6541 Sep 6, 2013
Okay so I eat clay almost everyday and I'm literally addicted. No one in my family knows about this and I don't plan on telling them..
New_seller_comin g _soon

Mcdonough, GA

#6542 Sep 7, 2013
Ladies!!! Miss Kenya is going to start up her own little business. She says it on her YouTube account. Look up KenyaMzCormstarch Queen in the search box on YouTube. It won't be nothing like mavu but something similar to Wanda and Leslie and she's selling cornstarch too. White dirt, red dirt, brown dirt, Argo cornstarch (chunks, powder, in the box or container) she lives in the US so I don't know if she will be shipping internationally. But if you live in the US I hope you guys take advantage!
TwinsOTW

Franklin, TN

#6543 Sep 8, 2013
New_seller_coming _soon wrote:
Ladies!!! Miss Kenya is going to start up her own little business. She says it on her YouTube account. Look up KenyaMzCormstarch Queen in the search box on YouTube. It won't be nothing like mavu but something similar to Wanda and Leslie and she's selling cornstarch too. White dirt, red dirt, brown dirt, Argo cornstarch (chunks, powder, in the box or container) she lives in the US so I don't know if she will be shipping internationally. But if you live in the US I hope you guys take advantage!
I def will!!! I love her she was kind enough to send me a nice sample of Georgia white dirt and her videos are great. Absolutely a seller I trust!
TwinsOTW

Franklin, TN

#6544 Sep 8, 2013
UK CLAY wrote:
Hi everyone have just spent the last week reading through everyone's comments
Feels good to know that there are other people out there that share the same cravings as me as I know how crazy I can get when not having any
Me personally I like the gritty and crunchy kind not the smooth, as I've been grown to have the black roasted clay from back home
Does anybody know what the best kind of gritty crunchy roasted burnt kind of clay I would be able to find in the UK. I have tastes Soul Sistas Ayilp but it isn't roasted although very tasty and will be orderimg from her again as the grittiness is awesome!

:)
If you are wanting gritty then you should order Tanzania soil cakes from Mavu... But be prepared to wait (I ordered mine aug 22 and got them yesterday.) I was disappointed because they were broken into tiny bits but they are full of grit and small rocks. I didn't like the flavor at all but from what you describe it sounds like you may enjoy them. Good luck!!
UK CLAY

Bath, UK

#6545 Sep 8, 2013
TwinsOTW wrote:
<quoted text>If you are wanting gritty then you should order Tanzania soil cakes from Mavu... But be prepared to wait (I ordered mine aug 22 and got them yesterday.) I was disappointed because they were broken into tiny bits but they are full of grit and small rocks. I didn't like the flavor at all but from what you describe it sounds like you may enjoy them. Good luck!!
Hey TwinsOTW! Thank you so much for your reply I was beginning to wonder if anyone had even read my post lol. What is the flavour like of these soil cakes? Are they sour or burnt? Or do they taste like the white dirt chunks? Mavus site seems to be under construction at the moment bit that will definitely be my next purchase! Thanks!
TwinsOTW

Franklin, TN

#6546 Sep 8, 2013
UK CLAY wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey TwinsOTW! Thank you so much for your reply I was beginning to wonder if anyone had even read my post lol. What is the flavour like of these soil cakes? Are they sour or burnt? Or do they taste like the white dirt chunks? Mavus site seems to be under construction at the moment bit that will definitely be my next purchase! Thanks!
they taste nothing like the white dirt they are hard and crunchy with tons of grit and have a strong baked earthly flavor. It wasn't at all what I was looking for. I have no use for the soil cakes if you'd like them. I have 4 that I never touched still in the original packaging you are welcome to have. My email is [email protected] just let me know if you'd like them :) I know how it is to be on the hunt for just the right flavor as I am still seeking out my perfect fit!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Our view: Erie needs to reverse overweight trend 2 hr Mrs Jive Turkey 6
News Scientists trace autism 'pathway' from gene to ... Aug 26 VacTruth dot Com 2
News 13,000-plus in Marion County could lose food st... Aug 26 Let it Be 3
News 'My 600-Lb. Life' takes viewers on 'Joe's Story... Aug 22 Sharon 8
News Living with HIV? Here's why excercise is a prio... (Jul '11) Aug 19 Femon 2
News Tips on how to enjoy eating out and not gain we... Aug 16 pranab31 4
News Medicaid offers nutrition counseling to combat ... Aug 16 Second Hand News 1
More from around the web