Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9213 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Why we love crave clay

Beaumont, TX

#6103 Jun 8, 2013
@ Soul Sista if people weren't so scared to show there identity on Facebook why we love&crave clay there are Tons of picture of your clay and others all over the world for them to see.
Sandra

Houston, TX

#6104 Jun 9, 2013
Chalk lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get your white dirt from? I live in the UK and all the white dirt companies in the USA don't deliver to the UK. Does the white dirt taste like chalk? Is it gritty in the mouth or does it stick to your gums in big clumps? I've just received some 'terramin calcium bentonite clay chunks' It taste salty and it sticks to my gums in big clumps - its not gritty at all - just not what I expected at all. I eat chalk but crave the earthy taste. Is white dirt soft, gritty and earthy in taste and texture? If it is like chalk do you think you'd be able to get some to me in the UK - I'll pay for cost and shipping of course.
Thank you
What helped me get the earthy taste in the clay was adding wter to it and letting it drymfor a few days then crushuing it.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6105 Jun 9, 2013
Why we love crave clay wrote:
@ Soul Sista if people weren't so scared to show there identity on Facebook why we love&crave clay there are Tons of picture of your clay and others all over the world for them to see.
I love that page, all the clays look so good, but I guess I fall into the category of being too scared to like it or comment.
Alexx

Ellenwood, GA

#6106 Jun 9, 2013
If I asked one of you to send me clay & ill pay for the shipping , how would that work ?
clayclay

Liverpool, UK

#6107 Jun 9, 2013
Alexx wrote:
If I asked one of you to send me clay & ill pay for the shipping , how would that work ?
It wouldn't.
ivie

Sunnyvale, CA

#6108 Jun 9, 2013
zenith wrote:
i am from india and i bet u will forget all other types once u taste the roasted clay from india.i can get it for u . cost 5$ per kg. shipping charges extra. i just love roasted clay.

Hey hw cn we contact you to place an order.
What's the name of the clay and hows its texture?(Smooth.gritty, chalky...)
Soul Sista

Ghana

#6109 Jun 10, 2013
Thanks to all those who took advantage of the clay promo and sent in their orders. I'm really grateful for the large number of orders I received. Please note that all the orders that came in over the week-end will be posted today. Thanks and do watch out for the next sale.
Alexx

Ellenwood, GA

#6110 Jun 10, 2013
clayclay wrote:
<quoted text>
It wouldn't.
Oh okay . I was just wondering because everybody else does it .
zaheera

Bury, UK

#6111 Jun 10, 2013
Did any one try mavu mini chunks ...I ordered on wed 5 -june still didnt receive my order...so delay
Clay lover

Chorley, UK

#6112 Jun 10, 2013
zaheera wrote:
Did any one try mavu mini chunks ...I ordered on wed 5 -june still didnt receive my order...so delay
I ordered as well, I am still waiting. Not sure why it is taking so long?
Red Dirt Lover

United States

#6113 Jun 10, 2013
Kellzgirl wrote:
I am expecting white dirt chunks in the mail tomorrow. Can someone tell me if I should bake it before I eat it. I am hoping for a very earthy taste. I ordered off of amazon and know that it is coming from Albany Georgia.
Have you receive your white dirt yet. I have not tried this brand & Im wondering how it taste. Let me know, I hope it's good & earthy.

Since: Apr 11

Germantown, WI

#6114 Jun 10, 2013
Red Dirt Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you receive your white dirt yet. I have not tried this brand & Im wondering how it taste. Let me know, I hope it's good & earthy.
It is very good. the best out there. You wouldn't be disapointed.
You can order it from goodoledirt.com It is the same stuff. probably cheaper to do it that way.
zaheera

Bury, UK

#6115 Jun 10, 2013
Clay lover wrote:
<quoted text>
I ordered as well, I am still waiting. Not sure why it is taking so long?
yeah its gonna be a week now...and I an in uk...
iyke

Ashburn, VA

#6116 Jun 11, 2013
i sell grey clay (nzu) at a very affordable rate. Contact me on +2348181621151
iyke

Ashburn, VA

#6117 Jun 11, 2013
Alexx wrote:
it would work!! Jst contact me on this number +2348181621151
clayclay

London, UK

#6118 Jun 11, 2013
@iyke it wouldn't!
MzLibra

Newport News, VA

#6119 Jun 11, 2013
I have two boxes of cornstarch in my cabinet. Cream and Clover valley.
Alexx

Rex, GA

#6120 Jun 11, 2013
swabbi wrote:
<quoted text>
It is very good. the best out there. You wouldn't be disapointed.
You can order it from goodoledirt.com It is the same stuff. probably cheaper to do it that way.
I agree . Her dirt is so earthy . I think it's her clay that I've been craving for since I tasted it . I'm trying to work up to get some more . I love how her clay has like this red tint on the inside . It's like true clay that hasn't been chemalized . Mmm my mouth waters as I think about it .

Since: Jun 13

Aurora, IN

#6121 Jun 11, 2013
Red Dirt Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
I did get mine. It isn't as earthy as I had hoped but has a nice texture and melts just like chocolate.
zaheera

Bury, UK

#6122 Jun 11, 2013
I got my minimavu chunks...as I ordered with mavu for first time the clay is melt in mouth....very nice.....thanks mavu....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Turmeric lowered high blood pressure (Feb '09) Sep 14 Winston 44
News Alltech highlights algae plant (Feb '11) Sep 10 Deshawn 71
News Kentucky SNAP Recipient Is Abusing the System W... Sep 10 Thunderbolt 22
News 5 easy ways to improve your health every day Sep 4 euk95 1
News Toronto schools raise less money than rest of r... Sep 4 Babs Jutt - WPG 2
News Food fight: Trump vs. Clinton Aug 29 Mullahing It Over 1
News USDA to Purchase Surplus Cheese for Food Banks ... Aug '16 Serratus Anterior 1
More from around the web