Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,768
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Mz libra

Alexandria, VA

#5622 Apr 20, 2013
Young lady on YT is making a video today eating georgia white dirt, baby powder and cornstarch. She made a video on 4-11-13 comparing two different brands of cornstarch...will be fun to watch. Also been doing research on kuzu root starch comes in chunks and powder form. Chunks like clay or dirt and powder form like cornstarch... Can't wait to try it
cornstrach eater

Woodbridge, VA

#5623 Apr 20, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
Young lady on YT is making a video today eating georgia white dirt, baby powder and cornstarch. She made a video on 4-11-13 comparing two different brands of cornstarch...will be fun to watch. Also been doing research on kuzu root starch comes in chunks and powder form. Chunks like clay or dirt and powder form like cornstarch... Can't wait to try it
I saw that. How have u been with your cornstrach eating?

“www.mavu.bigcart el.com”

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#5624 Apr 20, 2013
Hi Ladies!
@pica_Chu and @AlabamaRed I'm so happy that you are enjoying the new clays! Makes doing this for you so much more worth it!
@Allthingsclay Ooo I hadn't thought about that! I've been sending them by airmail and declaring them as clay but it would definitely be best to find out because you wouldn't want them to bin it!
And yes of course I'll let you ladies know when I'm running low just in case any of you want to stock up but we're good...for now :)

London, UK

#5625 Apr 20, 2013
Oh and remember to keep liking the facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MAVU/380522282...

100 likes = 100 free bags of original MAVU clay!
Anonymous

Bronx, NY

#5626 Apr 20, 2013
Mavuseller I like how you share the pictured of the process. Wow! How do you manage being arond so much clay? You seem to have a large supply. Everyone is loving the clay. I think I will order. The red clay looks good.
Mz libra

Alexandria, VA

#5627 Apr 20, 2013
cornstrach eater wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw that. How have u been with your cornstrach eating?
it's been 4 days since I've had any. Communicating with the young lady and others that eat cornstarch, I don't feel so alone. I've also been taking a probiotic to help with digestion of the cornstarch. I just enjoy eating it.
Soul Sista

Aberdeen, UK

#5628 Apr 20, 2013
This is in response to ClayDispute comment on me. She ordered clay from me after I sent her a picture of the 2 types of clay I sell. Upon receipt of the clay she sent me an email to say I had sent her the wrong clay and the clay she received was like white dirt. This puzzled me because I only sell 2 types of clay. I resent the picture and she confirmed that was the pic she received but not the clay because the clay was white and unsmoked. I only sell smoked clay from Ghana and the colour is greyish, not whitish. She asked for a refund of her money so I told her that when I get an order for the chunky clay in the US, I would get her to send it to the customer and refund her money to her in full. After a couple of weeks she sent an email saying she was moving house and could not carry the clay to her new house so I should refund the money to her in full. I explained to her that I had not yet received an order for the chunky clay in the US and that was why the delay. She still insisted on a full refund which I agreed to but said she should return the clay to me for her refund. She then reported me to Paypal and they wrote to me to settle the issue with her in their dispute centre i.e. monitoring our correspondence. She escalated it to a claim so paypal had to take the decision based on my response. I maintained that part of the money had been used for posting the clay which she did receive so I would refund the cost of clay to her but not the postage cost. I do not charge handling when sending out packages. That is at my own expense. I only charge for the cost of clay and exact amount of postage. Yes, I was aggrieved because I felt I had used the money for postage for a packet which was received and had to refund that same money again. During the process paypal withheld the sum of money she had transferred to me from my account so that they could pay her if they ruled in her favour, which was perfectly acceptable to me. Paypal ruled in her favour and paid her money to her in full. The only clause was that because of my paypal history the money was refunded at the expense of paypal and my money that was withheld was also released into my account. I have a large customer base and am very careful about the way I treat my customers; my main customer base being the African shops who I supply other items to as well; not only clay. In addition to that my main profession is managing a large workforce which includes global offices and I would for no reason treat anyone unfairly and would not expect to be treated that way as well. There was perfectly no reason for me at all to spill the beans of the nitty gritty of the case but since she brought it up I had to respond to it, because I feel if you have taken the matter up with Paypal to settle why bring it up again on the forum and omit that bit? Looks more like an attempt to tarr my reputation. In as much as buyers need protection, sellers also need protection and both parties have rights. Even though I am a seller I intend buying some of Mavu's clay and I shop a lot on ebay - that makes me a buyer as well. So I would like you to decide for yourselves whether anyone was being fair or who had woes?
Mary Tyler

United States

#5629 Apr 21, 2013
@ clay dispute & soul sista hmmmm.My opnion is Clay dispute just return the clay to soul Sista and soul Sista just give her a full refund .
Clayer

UK

#5630 Apr 21, 2013
Yh I think that both parties should have exactly what they started out with. But clay dispute sounds like an annoying customer! Don't worry soulsista we know your track record!
Abazieu

Winter Park, FL

#5631 Apr 21, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
Hi Ladies!
@pica_Chu and @AlabamaRed I'm so happy that you are enjoying the new clays! Makes doing this for you so much more worth it!
@Allthingsclay Ooo I hadn't thought about that! I've been sending them by airmail and declaring them as clay but it would definitely be best to find out because you wouldn't want them to bin it!
And yes of course I'll let you ladies know when I'm running low just in case any of you want to stock up but we're good...for now :)
Mavu Seller may you please send me your contact information and pictures of your clay to abazieu@yahoo.com. I want to order the red and white clay from you if possible.

London, UK

#5632 Apr 21, 2013
Abazieu wrote:
<quoted text>
Mavu Seller may you please send me your contact information and pictures of your clay to abazieu@yahoo.com. I want to order the red and white clay from you if possible.
No problem! I've sent you an email!
Ann-marie

UK

#5633 Apr 21, 2013
Hi. Real good earthy clays. Just wanted to say good job well done mavu. Just placed my 4th order! Yes I'm in love
Ann-marie

UK

#5634 Apr 21, 2013
http://m.youtube.com/watch...

Woman trying red sour dirt that she dug, flour and cornstarch. Check her out!
Clayforhealth

Bangalore, India

#5635 Apr 22, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
Hey, please could you post the link. Thanks
Clayer

UK

#5636 Apr 22, 2013
Clayforhealth its the link above that Ann-Marie posted!
Clayforhealth

Hyderabad, India

#5637 Apr 22, 2013
Thanks. I thought they are different as one said white dirt and the other red....
ati

London, UK

#5638 Apr 22, 2013
Ann-marie wrote:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=- 2yAWQVPKJo
Woman trying red sour dirt that she dug, flour and cornstarch. Check her out!
i understand crave for dirt and cornstarch. But flour:-x
iris

UK

#5639 Apr 22, 2013
I'm in south africa kzn I have been eating clay for as long as I can remember but I always hide it coz so many things are said about it eg: affects your fertility.I have been taking folic acid tablets hoping the urge will go away but it has not,and right now I'm craving it like crazy I wana stop but I don't know what to do plz help
ati

London, UK

#5640 Apr 22, 2013
iris wrote:
I'm in south africa kzn I have been eating clay for as long
as I can remember but I always hide it coz so many things are said about
it eg: affects your fertility.I have been taking folic acid tablets
hoping the urge will go away but it has not,and right now I'm craving it
like crazy I wana stop but I don't know what to do plz help
hii, how much clay u eat?
deepti

UK

#5641 Apr 22, 2013
mahi wrote:
hey clay lovers......!!!
here i have a good news & advice for all of you....!
first ask urself do u really wanna leave this bad habbit....??!
if u really want leave this habbit so here i have a solution....have you people ever heard about eathern pots(matka).....!!
From ancient times it has been used or storing water.....i knw many of u eat clay because you love its taste....start drinking water rom eathern pot it tastes really good...and the best part is its doesnot make you ill...infact it is very benificial for health according to some studies...!
now a days i am drinking water stored in it...thats why i am telling you guys....!!
i really wanted to reduce these cravings...n i thing i am doing good......:)
Hope it will work for you too....:) take care...!!
I have eaten dat earthen pot as well....it hardly does ny good...but if u r benifited...dats gud..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fitness Icon Denise Austin Introduces New 10-We... Sat DeniseAustinFan 1
7 things to know about epilepsy Dec 17 DeeDee86 2
Saturated Fat Affects More Than Your Cholesterol (Jun '06) Dec 16 ADA 2014 18
Fighting the Flu With Food Dec 9 Weedhopper 1
GOP makes final push for school lunch waiver Dec 8 Lawrence Wolf 22
CO2 myth busted: Why we need more carbon dioxid... (Mar '13) Dec 6 Earthling-1 101
Obesity can shave years off life: study Dec 6 Pebbles 1
More from around the web