Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,626
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story

“www.mavu.bigcart el.com”

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#5602 Apr 18, 2013
Hi Ladies!

For the U.S customers wondering how long shipping takes one of my customers just emailed me and said it took 7 working days! Not bad at all!
pica_Chu

Trenton, NJ

#5603 Apr 18, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
Hi Ladies!
For the U.S customers wondering how long shipping takes one of my customers just emailed me and said it took 7 working days! Not bad at all!
I'm in the US..I ordered my clay April 8th... I gotan email from you the very next day and I received it today April 18th!! I'm satisfied :) I haven't tried it yet bc I'm dragging out the anticipation....I'll be back later with my review lol
cornstrach eater

Woodbridge, VA

#5604 Apr 18, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
Hi Ladies!
Do u still have a lot of red clay left?

London, UK

#5605 Apr 18, 2013
pica_Chu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in the US..I ordered my clay April 8th... I gotan email from you the very next day and I received it today April 18th!! I'm satisfied :) I haven't tried it yet bc I'm dragging out the anticipation....I'll be back later with my review lol
That's pretty decent for an international order isn't it?! I really hope you like it!

London, UK

#5606 Apr 18, 2013
cornstrach eater wrote:
<quoted text>
Do u still have a lot of red clay left?
Yes I still do! I have a lot of both clays.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#5607 Apr 18, 2013
@Pica_Chu it took exactly the same for my clay from soul sista 9 days. I Agree MavuSeller not to bad at all.But when your craving high its like forever.(LOL)

Since: Jan 13

Dallas, TX

#5608 Apr 19, 2013
Tell me about it but it's on the way. Thanks for email Mavu letting me know when you sent it off. Can't wait.... Craving high... Had no clay in 9 days...
mahi

Delhi, India

#5609 Apr 19, 2013
hey clay lovers......!!!
here i have a good news & advice for all of you....!
first ask urself do u really wanna leave this bad habbit....??!
if u really want leave this habbit so here i have a solution....have you people ever heard about eathern pots(matka).....!!
From ancient times it has been used or storing water.....i knw many of u eat clay because you love its taste....start drinking water rom eathern pot it tastes really good...and the best part is its doesnot make you ill...infact it is very benificial for health according to some studies...!
now a days i am drinking water stored in it...thats why i am telling you guys....!!
i really wanted to reduce these cravings...n i thing i am doing good......:)
Hope it will work for you too....:) take care...!!
mahi

Delhi, India

#5610 Apr 19, 2013
u should give it a try......!!
Clayer

UK

#5611 Apr 19, 2013
I got my clay from mavu. I can truthfully say I've found THE one. Im so happy!! I might just buy you out mavu! Watchout!
pica_Chu

Marcus Hook, PA

#5612 Apr 19, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
@Pica_Chu it took exactly the same for my clay from soul sista 9 days. I Agree MavuSeller not to bad at all.But when your craving high its like forever.(LOL)
lol I agree! when that craving hits you..No amount of time is quick enough lol
pica_Chu

Marcus Hook, PA

#5613 Apr 19, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty decent for an international order isn't it?! I really hope you like it!
I loved the red clay!!!! I can't wait to try the original mavu clay!! it's the best new clay I've tried since discovering the forum!! thanx mavu!!

Since: Apr 13

Perth, UK

#5614 Apr 19, 2013
I have a craving for clay! How do i get some
Alabama Red

Bessemer, AL

#5615 Apr 19, 2013
I received the red clay from Mavu the other day. At first I thought the taste was a little strong. But the second day it taste much better to me. It's close to the red clay I'm use too but still a little different. I will definitely order again and will also try her other clays as well.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5616 Apr 19, 2013
Everyone seems to love Mavu Seller's new clay! I am so, so tempted to order some instead of continuing to wait until I visit the UK but I'm worried I might have trouble importing it because it seems it's a type soil and not actual clay and I don't know if it's on the restricted list or not :(

Hope Mavu has a good supply available when I get out there. Mavu, can you warn us if you start to run low? I might have to buy some and get you to hold it for me until I come!

Location hidden

#5617 Apr 19, 2013
stevothescot wrote:
I have a craving for clay! How do i get some
@ stevothescot your in Luck now on the Forum they have all kinds of clay to offer . Ghana Clay, Red Soil Cake, Blue Clay ,White Kaloin Clay , Multi Mutti ( may be spell incorrect ). White soil Clay .Bake ,or Smoke .Lol Girl take your pick.@ Alabama Red glad to hear your happy with your clay enjoy ! I know you have been searching for that red clay taste a while .

Location hidden

#5618 Apr 19, 2013
Soul Sista wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure am glad that your clay eventually came through. That saltless clay, is dug from Ho, which is in the Volta Region of Ghana. It is the only part of the country that has that type of clay so it is a bit expensive and only sold in a big market called Makola, in Accra, the capital of Ghana. My sister and cousin visited Ghana a couple of weeks back and visited the clay market in Ghana where only clay in sold and bought it then. I have pics and will post them soon. Very mouth watering and lovely to watch.
@Soul Sista what type of clay is saltless smoke taste cameroun, I would love to try is it like the Ghana molded clay?Also is it molded or original state?
ati

London, UK

#5619 Apr 20, 2013
mahi wrote:
hey clay lovers......!!!
here i have a good news & advice for all of you....!
first ask urself do u really wanna leave this bad habbit....??!
if u really want leave this habbit so here i have a solution....have you
people ever heard about eathern pots(matka).....!!
From ancient times it has been used or storing water.....i knw many of u
eat clay because you love its taste....start drinking water rom eathern
pot it tastes really good...and the best part is its doesnot make you
ill...infact it is very benificial for health according to some
studies...!
now a days i am drinking water stored in it...thats why i am telling you
guys....!!
i really wanted to reduce these cravings...n i thing i am doing
good......:)
Hope it will work for you too....:) take care...!!
heyy i think u will reduce this habbit. best luck:-)
ClayDisputes

Albany, NY

#5620 Apr 20, 2013
Hello Everyone,

Want to share my clay woes with u. I had asked Soul Sista to send me pictures of the clay she sells. And she sent me pictures of grey, roasted clay chunks. So I placed an order with her for 5 bags and paid the total amount (clay price + shipping and handling to the US).

What she sends me instead is a bag of completely white, unroasted clay chunks. When I send her an email that she had sent me pictures of a different clay, she says "oh, but those were roasted". So I go: "Yeah, tht's what I ordered because u sent me pictures of that clay and said that this is what I have in stock!" Now when I ask her for a refund, she asks me to send her the bag of clay to the UK at my own cost.

Is this fair?

My personal experience so far has been that Leslie is quite a professional and a very fair one at that. She delivers what she promises and takes full responsibility for any thing that goes wrong on her part of the deal.
dirtisdirt

London, UK

#5621 Apr 20, 2013
hey girls:-P

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Federal Government Threatens To Cut Food Stamp ... 18 hr Ace McMillan 3
Saturated Fat Affects More Than Your Cholesterol (Jun '06) Nov 21 Truth Teller 17
New ban on snacks in NY schools spoiling studen... Nov 12 Bama Yankee 1
Obesity 'higher in fast-food areas' Nov 11 cdm-ochm 1
Managing diabetes and the holidays Nov 11 cdm-ochm 1
Child Nutritionist K. Yarker's "Preventing Pick... Nov 6 Travel 1
Mormons carry a few more pounds (Feb '06) Oct 30 Ishbal Ulk 300

Nutrition People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE