Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.
Comments
5,201 - 5,220 of 8,029 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago

“www.mavu.bigcart el.com”

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Hello Ladies!
The website will be launched tomorrow evening at 6.00PM GMT!!!!
feedme more clay

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried both . Good ole dirt ; their clay is more natural . Very earthy , & the bag is very packed , it's also chopped up into nice chunks so you can already pop one in your mouth .
Georgia white dirt ; their clay is good as well . But when I first got my batch it wasn't earthy . It taste chemically to me . Like buying white crayola chalk from Walmart . Very nasty . So I had to put it in a paper bag & let it dry out & then the clay had its earthy flavor & it was very crunchy & smooth . Good ole dirt is crunchy when you first bite into it & then it's this smooth cream in your mouth . Also with Georgia white dirt , their dirt comes in a chunk , so what I did was wrap the plastic bag in a towel & got a hammer & smash it to break it up . So all in all , their both good clays but if I had to choose one to eat for the rest of my life I would choose good ole dirt . Georgia white dirt , I had to do a lot in order for it to satisfy my needs . But everybody has their different opinions .
u sed somfin abt de crayola chalk do have to wrap it in a paper bag so i can get de earthy flavour cz dat z the only fin i cn gt ma hands on right nw.
Alexx

Morrow, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

feedme more clay wrote:
<quoted text>u sed somfin abt de crayola chalk do have to wrap it in a paper bag so i can get de earthy flavour cz dat z the only fin i cn gt ma hands on right nw.
I never really tried that . If you're going to try it let me know how it works .
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Riskier wrote:
<quoted text>
Has anyone noticed severe tooth decay...My teeth are getting really bad...and my dentist mentioned that I have no enamel left on my back teeth....he mentioned it is because of the clay.........?
Sadly, yes - I have damaged teeth, and I'm sure there is a problem with the enamel. I think part of my problem is sampling various things, some of which is very hard. I've also read that baking soda, even though it is an ingredient in some toothpaste, can be harmful to enamel.

I've said it here before: I don't encourage eating baking soda because of its super high sodium content, but unfortunately I regularly chew and spit it out (then rinse out my mouth to try to avoid excessive sodium, but I know that I am probably still absorbing too much which isn't good).

Happy right now because I have some kaolin powder which I've made into chunks. Not as good as natural chunks, but so, so smooth and creamy.
Riskier

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, yes - I have damaged teeth, and I'm sure there is a problem with the enamel. I think part of my problem is sampling various things, some of which is very hard. I've also read that baking soda, even though it is an ingredient in some toothpaste, can be harmful to enamel.
I've said it here before: I don't encourage eating baking soda because of its super high sodium content, but unfortunately I regularly chew and spit it out (then rinse out my mouth to try to avoid excessive sodium, but I know that I am probably still absorbing too much which isn't good).
Happy right now because I have some kaolin powder which I've made into chunks. Not as good as natural chunks, but so, so smooth and creamy.
Thanks a lot for your response....my teeth has gone really bad too:(
ati

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

today i eat 1 spoon multani miiti but i dont like that test.
ati

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

bocoz its a month i did not eat multani mitti.
Namu Myoho Renge Kyo

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Maybe a mineral deficiency.
http://www.nichirenbuddhist.org/
deepti

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

I sumtymz eat it too much but nw a days its in control u can say I bought 2 kgs about more dan a mnth ago n I stil have about 1 kg remaing....n I hve not noticd ny harm juzz I dun get my periods on tym....nthng else...
ati

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

deepti wrote:
I sumtymz eat it too much but nw a days its in control u
can say I bought 2 kgs about more dan a mnth ago n I stil have about 1
kg remaing....n I hve not noticd ny harm juzz I dun get my periods on
tym....nthng else...
last two years i dont eat mitti to much . just once month i eat mitti thats y i have no health problem . now i m happy for control my this craving.

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

DRUMROLL!!!!
The time has finally come ladies (and gents)!!!

Mavu has been relaunced with the new clays and a new look!

Please feel free to have a nose!

http://mavu.bigcartel.com/

I am looking to really have customer service at the heart of Mavu this time round after observing the likes of Leslie and Soulsista. So if I'm not doing something right do tell me and I'll get onto it!

Also the facebook page should be launched sometime this week too so I will let you know when that happens.

I am seriously excited for you to try the new clays ESPECIALLY the red soil cake which happens to be my favourite! I haven't come across such a salivating earthy clay like this one. It's truly in a league of it's own!

Have a nice evening and let me know what you think!

Mavu
Nara

Leeds, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Mavu, I just bought my share of product, but only because I really wanted to try this, and I wanted to support the suppliers on this forum. BUT I am sadly dissapointed. I feel that you are too expensive with the shipment to UK consumers and the products, despite having the shipment costs are overpriced. It might just be my last time buying especially if the cost is not justified by the quantity I get.
I'm from kenya/tanzania and will be more than glad to start my own if I feel that people are being taken advantage of. If not, I will be more than happy to continue to support.

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Nara wrote:
Mavu, I just bought my share of product, but only because I really wanted to try this, and I wanted to support the suppliers on this forum. BUT I am sadly dissapointed. I feel that you are too expensive with the shipment to UK consumers and the products, despite having the shipment costs are overpriced. It might just be my last time buying especially if the cost is not justified by the quantity I get.
I'm from kenya/tanzania and will be more than glad to start my own if I feel that people are being taken advantage of. If not, I will be more than happy to continue to support.
Hi Nara,

The postage prices are what the post office quoted me. I went last week with exactly the package I'd be sending and they said to post in the UK would be exactly 3, and that's with me not charging for the packaging which I personally paid for. This is something I can't change nor am I making a profit from.

In terms of the price of the product itself the prices I'm charging are the lowest I could go as I needed to recoup the money I spent buying and getting the clay shipped here. I tried to be reasonable and think 'would I pay this price?' whilst trying not to make a loss.

I hope the pricing of everything makes more sense now and I definitely encourage you to start your own! The more the merrier! Thanks for the support!

Mavu
Riskier

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

deepti wrote:
I sumtymz eat it too much but nw a days its in control u can say I bought 2 kgs about more dan a mnth ago n I stil have about 1 kg remaing....n I hve not noticd ny harm juzz I dun get my periods on tym....nthng else...
You must have regular periods and on time....you said you are not getting periods on time right? That's what happened to my sister...she used to eat clay at very young age...did not get periods on time....gradually she started having periods once in 2 months and then even further apart....

TOOTH DECAY IS MY BIGGEST ISSUE TOO.....

So my sincere advice even if you eat clay never miss your iron pills...just takes 2 seconds of your time....we have to care for our body....god bless....
Riskier

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

ati wrote:
<quoted text>
last two years i dont eat mitti to much . just once month i eat mitti thats y i have no health problem . now i m happy for control my this craving.
Sweet heart take iron pills as your cravings are really low and you can be completely off this habit and its side effects...
The more you read the more videos you watch the more you feel like eating...
Nara

Leeds, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

I appreciate the response.
But like I said, I am really hoping the quantity justifies the price. I don't blame you for trying to break even but its just very vague to me and maybe this response has been helpful to others as well. The products are new and it is such a gamble but my fingers are crossed that they are good as I know them to be.
Thank you for the products.

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Nara wrote:
I appreciate the response.
But like I said, I am really hoping the quantity justifies the price. I don't blame you for trying to break even but its just very vague to me and maybe this response has been helpful to others as well. The products are new and it is such a gamble but my fingers are crossed that they are good as I know them to be.
Thank you for the products.
No problem! The quantity you are receiving is exactly what is in the product photography. I did this specifically for those that wanted to know exactly what they are buying so that there are no surprises. Sorry if my response was vague. What would you like me to clear up for you?
mary tyler

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Congrats MavuSeller the new web look awesome.Wishing you the best .@ Soul Sista how have you been you have been quite lately hope all is well looks like all the suppliers have a website are you going to be starting yours soon ? I would love to see pictures of the Ghana Clay chucks .(Orginal State).I would again like to say Thanks You to All the clay suppliers for making all these clay available all over the world.

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

mary tyler wrote:
Congrats MavuSeller the new web look awesome.Wishing you the best .@ Soul Sista how have you been you have been quite lately hope all is well looks like all the suppliers have a website are you going to be starting yours soon ? I would love to see pictures of the Ghana Clay chucks .(Orginal State).I would again like to say Thanks You to All the clay suppliers for making all these clay available all over the world.
Thank you so much Mary! I agree with you where are all my sellers at!? Would like to find out how you're all doing!
ati

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Riskier wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet heart take iron pills as your cravings are really low and you can be completely off this habit and its side effects...
The more you read the more videos you watch the more you feel like eating...
thanks for the advise friend. i like read the ur all comments. but i control my self.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••