Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,457
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
mahi

Delhi, India

#5376 Apr 1, 2013
deepti wrote:
I am a mad crazy multani mitti lover....d taste n texture is amazing....I love the taste...n specialy some orange pieces in it wen u buy it from a general store..
Oh yes yes yes....those orange bit brown coloured chunks are so delicious creamy in hin u can say they are so much ravile.......!!:P
Mz libra

Brooklyn, NY

#5377 Apr 1, 2013
I see that Sam has a Facebook page also for the white dirt he sells. Everyone selling white dirt and all different types of clay, LOVE IT!!!!!
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

#5378 Apr 1, 2013
Hi deepty yaa u r right orange chunks very tasty and not stick in mouth i have always multani but i am always save this clay pot bcs that give me a earthy
deepti

UK

#5379 Apr 1, 2013
mahi wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes yes yes....those orange bit brown coloured chunks are so delicious creamy in hin u can say they are so much ravile.......!!:P
Multani is amazing yarr....but m little worried abt its efects on my body in futre....m 18 now....don't knw how to get reduced my earth booze...:p
BhaajkiMaatiLove r

Ballston Spa, NY

#5380 Apr 1, 2013
mary tyler wrote:
<quoted text> Can you seen me your email and we can talk further?
Yeah sure, write to me at madhuri180777@yahoo.com

Since: Jan 13

United States

#5381 Apr 1, 2013
Rinkie wrote:
Hi deepty yaa u r right oranpostchunks very tasty and not stick in mouth i have always multani but i am always save this clay pot bcs that give me a earthy
Where is the page... I wanna see..... Well you post the link

Since: Jan 13

United States

#5382 Apr 1, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
I see that Sam has a Facebook page also for the white dirt he sells. Everyone selling white dirt and all different types of clay, LOVE IT!!!!!
What is the page under?
mary tyler

United States

#5383 Apr 1, 2013
bluestoneclay wrote:
hi all
i may have a good hint for those who are trying to ship small orders of clay cheap.
In canada, if you vacuum pack just under a pound of clay and make it flat, less then 3/4 inch.
Then put it in a envelope.
As long as THE ENVELOPE is under 1/2 kilo, it mails out as a letter and cost $4 .
If i mail the same weight in a small box it will be over $15.
I am interested in selling edible clay in the future and wonder how you guys like IT, do you like it powdered or in a cake form.
When i first started to mine clay, i had a health nut guy eating it and he said it was amassing, i think he is still alive. ;-)
bluestoneclay.webs
@bluestone clay I prefer chunks just like the one on your web that your holding in your hands.(solid kind)
mary tyler

United States

#5384 Apr 1, 2013
mary tyler wrote:
<quoted text>@bluestone clay I prefer chunks just like the one on your web that your holding in your hands.(solid kind)
Waiting for my favorite Ghana Clay smoke /roasted to arrive just placed an order with Soul Sista !Thanks I have a bag of Leslie's red clay left I will munch on it for now.
bluestoneclay

Courtenay, Canada

#5385 Apr 1, 2013
thanks mary moor
i assume you would want it dry as well, the piece in my hand is wet , its the clay from the video, cream clay.
it does dry nicely, actually the processed north slope clay i make is in cake form first , i dry it in trays then i crush and screen it.
It is the clay the health nut was eating and claimed it was amassing. Tell you what, if you want to try it, i could send you a slab to taste, it is lab tested safe and will not harm you.
you pay to ship and ill give you a sample to nibble.
i don't have any of the cream clay dry.
paul
cornstrach eater

Woodbridge, VA

#5386 Apr 1, 2013
bluestoneclay wrote:
thanks mary moor
i assume you would want it dry as well, the piece in my hand is wet , its the clay from the video, cream clay.
it does dry nicely, actually the processed north slope clay i make is in cake form first , i dry it in trays then i crush and screen it.
It is the clay the health nut was eating and claimed it was amassing. Tell you what, if you want to try it, i could send you a slab to taste, it is lab tested safe and will not harm you.
paul
I would love to try some
ati

London, UK

#5387 Apr 1, 2013
deepti wrote:
<quoted text>
Multani is amazing yarr....but m little worried abt its efects on my
body in futre....m 18 now....don't knw how to get reduced my earth
booze...:p
when u eAting multani mitti u should drink lots of water
Mz libra

Brooklyn, NY

#5388 Apr 1, 2013
Meeee258 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the page under?
White Dirt of Georgia
Alexx

Stockbridge, GA

#5389 Apr 1, 2013
bluestoneclay wrote:
thanks mary moor
paul
Your clay looks soo good !!

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#5390 Apr 1, 2013
bluestoneclay wrote:
thanks mary moor
paul
Thanks Blue Stone clay I would love to nibble on some.
Mary Tyler

Beaumont, TX

#5391 Apr 1, 2013
Wow ...Clay forum there 5 heavy metal in all countries they consider to be unsafe most all clay will have them.But there are minimum levels . I was worried about Lead , Arsenic but they have 3 MORE that is consider unsafe as well. Mercury, Cadmium.Antimony. Thanks Blue stone clay I'm learning something new everyday.I see you have tested the clay and posted the results.
bluestoneclay

Courtenay, Canada

#5392 Apr 1, 2013
cool miss (Mary Tyler) Moore
i through up my hat for you, hehe.
ill tell you how i get it so smooth.
The north slope clay is processed to get the grit out, i mix it in a cement mixer with water till it is a slurry , then i poor it into buckets and let it settle for exactly 10 minutes.
the sand settles out and i poor off the clay water. it settles in about 3 days , then i poor off the water and then i dry it.
its a proven method to get it smooth because it is the way mother nature makes clay.
i have been processing the layer of cream clay that has grit and it is so smooth it takes a week to fully settle. so smooth and a beautiful lime green.
cheers
bluestoneclay

Courtenay, Canada

#5393 Apr 1, 2013
hi Mary
You want to make sure the levels for
edible or cosmetic clays are below
these levels.
All countries have there own levels but most are close to these.
i will say It is hard to find clays that are below these levels and if the clay you buy does not have
these tests done, i would not advise eating it.
Its law for clay dealers to test for these.
government standards for heavy metals
lead (pb) 10 ppm
arsenic (As) 3 ppm
Cadmium (Cd) 3 ppm
Mercury (Hg) 3 ppm
Antimony(Sb) 5 ppm
Alabama Red

United States

#5394 Apr 1, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
@Alabama Red how are you today and what type of clay are you munching on now ? plz check your email
I'm being good for now staying away from clay eating. But after reading the post I can't wait to try the Tanzania soil cake that Mavu will be selling soon.
adaku

UK

#5395 Apr 2, 2013
Clay clay clay,so many in the market!very tempted but have been clean for some months,will try to keep it that way.happy clay eatin ladies

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Panel: Vitamins & Supplements May Not Be Worth ... (Dec '13) 6 hr Glachealth 3
Alternative Medicines for a Yeast Infection (Jan '13) Mon sakshi11 4
Adrenal fatigue could be making you tired, anxious (Sep '10) Mon sakshi11 4
Get your vaccines up to date Sun ricDUH DUH99 8
Shoppers Are Suing Bottled Water Manufacturers ... (Apr '13) Oct 18 Thruth will come out 5
Asda slammed by ASA over baby milk nutrition cl... Oct 16 Mike Brady 1
Food stamp cutbacks hit thousands of Montanans (Aug '13) Oct 12 Elise Gingrich 4

Nutrition People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE