Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,531
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Mz libra

Alexandria, VA

#5253 Mar 24, 2013
Janet wrote:
<quoted text> Argo, hodgemill, organic (green box it 's the best) kroger brand, best choice, creamy.
you sound like me lol. I haven't tried the organic and right now I'm enjoying the Cream brand. I've never heard of best choice. I've eaten Kroger, hodge mill, clamber girl, food lion brand, great value brand from Walmart, Argo( box) don't like the taste in the container, clover valley from dollar general and hearth brand made by clabber girl from big lots. Also enjoying eating white dirt...
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5254 Mar 24, 2013
Janet wrote:
This is not to get anything pop off but I sm not sure in what is going on. I got some clay from Good ole dirt an every time I eat it I get a bad headache an it hurt to swallow. I been eating white dirt for a min to rest from cornstarch that was putting weight on me. But even when I put it under fire it still give me a headache
Sorry to read this.

Have you had this type clay before, and if so did you have a problem then too? Do you think you're having some type of allergic reaction?

Please take care of yourself, especially if it is causing it to hurt to swallow - I would be concerned about that.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5255 Mar 24, 2013
Janet wrote:
<quoted text> Argo, hodgemill, organic (green box it 's the best) kroger brand, best choice, creamy.
I wish I had that type choice here - all I've found is Argo and Shop-Rite.

I suppose I shouldn't complain, because at least I can get Argo in the box. Tell me, do you find any of the brands you've tried to be better than Argo in the box?
Mz libra

Alexandria, VA

#5256 Mar 24, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I had that type choice here - all I've found is Argo and Shop-Rite.
I suppose I shouldn't complain, because at least I can get Argo in the box. Tell me, do you find any of the brands you've tried to be better than Argo in the box?
I like Argo in the box too. If I had to pick a top one it would be the Walmart brand.... To me it's the driest. I always take the top off and let it air dry like I'm doing now with my Cream brand. I haven't heard of Shop-Rite since I left New York. My least favorite is Clabber Girl. Have u tried white dirt from Sam or Leslie? I like their dirt a lot

Since: Oct 12

UK

#5257 Mar 24, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Odowa Lover, you're so lucky!
Can you tell us more about it - have I read that there is more than one type of odowa? Which type do you have?
Hi all things clay, I got the odowa that the lady in the bbc video is crunching... Coincidentally, another lady brought me some nakumatt clay today...it's my lucky month.
Mary Tyler

Beaumont, TX

#5258 Mar 24, 2013
@Odowa lover happy clay munching :)
Alexx

Stockbridge, GA

#5259 Mar 24, 2013
odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi all things clay, I got the odowa that the lady in the bbc video is crunching... Coincidentally, another lady brought me some nakumatt clay today...it's my lucky month.
Omg ! How did you manage to get nakumatt clay ? Anyways ; what's your opinion on it & what clay is it similar to ?
Love Clay

Salisbury, MD

#5260 Mar 24, 2013
@Janet,I understand exactly what you mean I have always order from Good ole dirt. Their clay taste so good to me, But it seen like my last order was a bad one. I am geting little headache and it also hurting the lower part of my stomach. I put it in the trash.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5261 Mar 24, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
<quoted text> I like Argo in the box too. If I had to pick a top one it would be the Walmart brand.... To me it's the driest. I always take the top off and let it air dry like I'm doing now with my Cream brand. I haven't heard of Shop-Rite since I left New York. My least favorite is Clabber Girl. Have u tried white dirt from Sam or Leslie? I like their dirt a lot
Just finished the last of my Argo that I had poured into the box following your suggestion a couple of weeks ago...it was good.

I forgot about Clabber Girl, they sell that here too - I guess I forgot because I never buy it. I've eaten my share of it in the past, when for a period of time I couldn't find Argo in the box, but don't like it much either - to me it is similar to Argo in the plastic container which isn't one of my favourites either.

I haven't tried Sam's or Leslie's clay yet. I've been seriously thinking about trying Leslie's, especially now she's selling red too. I've been thinking about Good ole dirt too - that looks so nice and natural - but concerned about that due to the ladies here who have commented today. Anybody else had Good ole dirt recently? If so, was it ok? Hope not a problem with the clay itself.

What I've decided to do is wait until I next travel to U.K., then I plan to order from Mavuseller (I've ordered her original clay before, enjoyed it) and the others in the U.K. too if they have stock as well as getting what I can from African shops. I'm also thinking of going ahead and ordering from Leslie to time it so that it arrives for when I get there. I'll have a real clay party, with lots of different clays so that I can see what like best! I'm also planning to get a brand of cornstarch from out there that I like, and sample that German heilerde powder.

Some people like to shop for clothing, souvenirs etc. when they travel. Me, I like to shop for clay and similar stuff! It'll be good to treat myself, been so long since I've had real clay chunks.

Andover, UK

#5262 Mar 24, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
@Odowa lover happy clay munching :)
Thanks Mary Tyler ... I am stocked for the next couple of months

Andover, UK

#5263 Mar 24, 2013
Alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
Omg ! How did you manage to get nakumatt clay ? Anyways ; what's your opinion on it & what clay is it similar to ?
I got nakumatt clay from Kenya ... It really doesn't taste like any of the clays I have bought in uk. The main thing is its not moulded just fired from its natural state though its broken into bite sized pieces.

Since: Apr 11

Milwaukee, WI

#5264 Mar 24, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Just finished the last of my Argo that I had poured into the box following your suggestion a couple of weeks ago...it was good.
I forgot about Clabber Girl, they sell that here too - I guess I forgot because I never buy it. I've eaten my share of it in the past, when for a period of time I couldn't find Argo in the box, but don't like it much either - to me it is similar to Argo in the plastic container which isn't one of my favourites either.
I haven't tried Sam's or Leslie's clay yet. I've been seriously thinking about trying Leslie's, especially now she's selling red too. I've been thinking about Good ole dirt too - that looks so nice and natural - but concerned about that due to the ladies here who have commented today. Anybody else had Good ole dirt recently? If so, was it ok? Hope not a problem with the clay itself.
What I've decided to do is wait until I next travel to U.K., then I plan to order from Mavuseller (I've ordered her original clay before, enjoyed it) and the others in the U.K. too if they have stock as well as getting what I can from African shops. I'm also thinking of going ahead and ordering from Leslie to time it so that it arrives for when I get there. I'll have a real clay party, with lots of different clays so that I can see what like best! I'm also planning to get a brand of cornstarch from out there that I like, and sample that German heilerde powder.
Some people like to shop for clothing, souvenirs etc. when they travel. Me, I like to shop for clay and similar stuff! It'll be good to treat myself, been so long since I've had real clay chunks.
I order from good ole dirt. Her clay tastes really good and earthy to me. I haven't experienced any headaches or anything like that. but i do get itchy skin when I eat kaolin clay no matter where it is from. but of all the clay that I have ordered. I really like good ole clay the best because it tastes more natural to me.
Marry Tyler

Beaumont, TX

#5265 Mar 24, 2013
Love Clay wrote:
@Janet,I understand exactly what you mean I have always order from Good ole dirt. Their clay taste so good to me, But it seen like my last order was a bad one. I am geting little headache and it also hurting the lower part of my stomach. I put it in the trash.
@ Love Clay may be there LEAD in this batch. There have been previous post about Headache due to Lead in clay but it was the Nzu they were speaking of.I guess all clay may have a chance of being contaminated with a Lead there all dug from the ground.Well Hope you feel better!
Love Clay

Salisbury, MD

#5266 Mar 24, 2013
@ Mary Tyler,Thank you Mary I do feel much better. I guess I have to waited now for the clay to get out of my system.I think you are right because I love her clay and never experience no problem before,I will order again maybe in three month.
Love Clay

Salisbury, MD

#5267 Mar 24, 2013
@ Swabbi, everything you said about good ole dirt is true except for the itchy skin and my experienced with headache. I will order again in three month.
my mama got me hooked

United States

#5268 Mar 24, 2013
I love the taste of the dirt taste like fresh rain its smooth and silky on ur tounge......delicious. I crave eating dirt when I cant have it I eat baby powder
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

#5270 Mar 25, 2013
Hi any body indian pls share yor experiance foe indian clay
ati

London, UK

#5271 Mar 25, 2013
Rinkie wrote:
Hi any body indian pls share yor experiance foe indian clay
tum konsi clay khati ho
ackee

Bronx, NY

#5272 Mar 25, 2013
I have always love to eat mutt and Jeff clay. I have ordered from them a couple of times and the clay was good. The only thing is sometimes they are always out. I just ordered If you order 10lbs it is ten dollars and shp/handling $10. Also I noticed if you order 20 lbs the shp/hdl is still $10 dollars. So it seems the more you order the less the shp/hdl is. Well let's see if my order comes or if they are out.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5273 Mar 25, 2013
ackee wrote:
I have always love to eat mutt and Jeff clay. I have ordered from them a couple of times and the clay was good. The only thing is sometimes they are always out. I just ordered If you order 10lbs it is ten dollars and shp/handling $10. Also I noticed if you order 20 lbs the shp/hdl is still $10 dollars. So it seems the more you order the less the shp/hdl is. Well let's see if my order comes or if they are out.
Hope they have it in stock! I wish they shipped internationally; at that price I would definitely be trying some.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mormons carry a few more pounds (Feb '06) 8 hr Ishbal Ulk 300
Resistance to healthy school lunches reveals la... Tue Jim the Hoax Denier 1
8 million Ugandan children live in abject pover... Oct 23 kizito 1
Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE) 2014 ... Oct 22 Gerald Vonberger 1
Panel: Vitamins & Supplements May Not Be Worth ... (Dec '13) Oct 21 Glachealth 3
Alternative Medicines for a Yeast Infection (Jan '13) Oct 20 sakshi11 4
Adrenal fatigue could be making you tired, anxious (Sep '10) Oct 20 sakshi11 4

Nutrition People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE