Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,793
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Ayaan

Toronto, Canada

#5207 Mar 20, 2013
anjali wrote:
<quoted text>yes u r rite so if u dont have tht thn wht do u eat
Hi anjali I'm from Toronto and I just go to any sort of west indies store in Etobioke or even a african store and I usually find clay but all that I seem to be finding is the ghana clay nothing else
ati

London, UK

#5208 Mar 20, 2013
BhaajkiMaatiLover wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ati,
Kasa kaay? Bhaajki Maati khalliye kaa kadhi? Mumbai aani Punyamadhe milte.
(For English speakers) it translates to:
How u doing? Have u ever tried roasted grey stones? It's the type available in Mumbai and Pune, India.
kadhich nahi khalli
ati

London, UK

#5209 Mar 20, 2013
BhaajkiMaatiLover wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ati,
Kasa kaay? Bhaajki Maati khalliye kaa kadhi? Mumbai aani Punyamadhe milte.
(For English speakers) it translates to:
How u doing? Have u ever tried roasted grey stones? It's the type available in Mumbai and Pune, India.
bhajki matiche kahi side effects aahet ka?
Riskier

Plymouth, MN

#5210 Mar 20, 2013
LoveToEatClay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Riskier! So what type of clay do u eat? Do u like earthy clay as well?
Yep..I eat the grey soft roasted stones from India...I cannot compromise for anything else...great earthy taste, amazing smell...awesssommmeeee.
Riskier

Plymouth, MN

#5211 Mar 20, 2013
Ayaan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi anjali I'm from Toronto and I just go to any sort of west indies store in Etobioke or even a african store and I usually find clay but all that I seem to be finding is the ghana clay nothing else
Does the taste compare to grey roasted soft stone for mahrashtra India? Do you like Ghana clay?
Meh

Ashburn, VA

#5212 Mar 20, 2013
some one please suggest any clay availbility in New delhi. Everytime i feel jealous when i hear about kaolin,mavu,nzu,odowa,khadi etc etc -_- :D
Ayaan

Toronto, Canada

#5213 Mar 21, 2013
Riskier wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the taste compare to grey roasted soft stone for mahrashtra India? Do you like Ghana clay?
I have never had soft stone from mahrashtra India, I used like them a whole lot untill my favourite store stopped selling them and I found another one but they had wood chips in them so my husband through them out loool
anjali

Toronto, Canada

#5214 Mar 21, 2013
Ayaan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi anjali I'm from Toronto and I just go to any sort of west indies store in Etobioke or even a african store and I usually find clay but all that I seem to be finding is the ghana clay
etobioke is very far for me i stay at donlands its near down town so do u knw any store near by.........we have an indian store thr we just get multani mitti..........
clay4life

UK

#5215 Mar 21, 2013
Just a thought. I have a feeling that even after all these new clays that being brought in ppl will STILL complain! Who agrees? Clay eaters are NEVER satisfied. Literally sellers are going to the ends of the earth to source requested dirt and ppl still ungratefully complain. Even an ounce of respect goes a long way.
dirtnclay

UK

#5216 Mar 21, 2013
clay4life wrote:
Just a thought. I have a feeling that even after all these new clays that being brought in ppl will STILL complain! Who agrees? Clay eaters are NEVER satisfied. Literally sellers are going to the ends of the earth to source requested dirt and ppl still ungratefully complain. Even an ounce of respect goes a long way.
I guess so. I'm thinking mavu has her work cut out for her. Shame about Leslie. Soulsista seems to be the only one that's had it easy on here.
Ayaan

Toronto, Canada

#5217 Mar 21, 2013
anjali wrote:
<quoted text>
etobioke is very far for me i stay at donlands its near down town so do u knw any store near by.........we have an indian store thr we just get multani mitti..........
Ohh well no not really but, I do sort of go all over sometimes so I could keep you in the back of mind
My sister inlaw and mother also eat clay, you could try ordering online I ordered from leslie on March 9th or 10th I dont remember, and I just received no extra charges or anything I ordered the 2 one pund bags and all together it was 30 something.
cornstrach eater

Woodbridge, VA

#5218 Mar 21, 2013
Ayaan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohh well no not really but, I do sort of go all over sometimes so I could keep you in the back of mind
My sister inlaw and mother also eat clay, you could try ordering online I ordered from leslie on March 9th or 10th I dont remember, and I just received no extra charges or anything I ordered the 2 one pund bags and all together it was 30 something.
Did u like the clay?
Soul Sista

Mundford, UK

#5219 Mar 21, 2013
dirtnclay wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess so. I'm thinking mavu has her work cut out for her. Shame about Leslie. Soulsista seems to be the only one that's had it easy on here.
I think all sellers on this forum have had their good and bad days and trust me, Soul Sista has also had her days. Clay, as a general rule, is a very delicate product to market. The tastes and texture of the clays vary all the time and to make an impact you need to know the likes of your customers and be a clay eater as well to be able to please them. That is always not possible, but understandable (though frustrating), when a consumer gets disappointed when they don't get the right product. And I'm sure we all know that feeling when you have waited for the product and it eventually arrives but way beyond expectations. Hmmmm, hell breaks loose in your inbox (wink). But aside from the monetary aspect of it, it's been a real pleasure to know you have been able to satisfy and please so many customers, as well as making some really good friends through the process.
feedme more clay

Columbus, OH

#5220 Mar 21, 2013
kalaba wrote:
I'm 8 months pregnant and I started craving for dirt in my 6 month and I've been eating kalaba chalk since. I live in Maryland so I go to to this store call Red Apple
so hw u u ask for is just der z it an african store and how mch z it
feedme more clay

Columbus, OH

#5221 Mar 21, 2013
can someone tell mi wer i can fin an african store which sells white cly.ghana clay or anykind in ohio or D.C
clay clay

United States

#5222 Mar 21, 2013
Hi everyone,I live in NJ. Where can i order Ghana clay. And how long does it take to receive it.I miss my gh yummy clay. I want to order it online cos when i go to the African shop to get it they look at me with some funny looks which gets me mad.
Marry Tyler

Beaumont, TX

#5224 Mar 21, 2013
clay clay wrote:
Hi everyone,I live in NJ. Where can i order Ghana clay. And how long does it take to receive it.I miss my gh yummy clay. I want to order it online cos when i go to the African shop to get it they look at me with some funny looks which gets me mad.
LOVE4CLAY2@YAHOO.COM she in the U.S faster delivery. Soul Sister sells also she in the U.K.
Alabama Red

Duluth, GA

#5225 Mar 21, 2013
mary tyler wrote:
@alabma red have your Ghana Clay arrive ?
The Ghana clay arrived yesterday. I have discovered that I'm not a true clay eater. I'm used to red crunchy sour dirt straight out of the ground. I'm not complaining because I wanted to try the different clays but I have not found any clay that satisfies my palate. So therefore I have decided to just take my iron tablets and eat healthy because I am anemic.

PS> Mary if you want the Ghana roasted clay i will ship it to you if you pay for the cost of shipping. Please leave me your email to discuss.
Ayaan

Toronto, Canada

#5227 Mar 22, 2013
cornstrach eater wrote:
<quoted text>
Did u like the clay?
Yeah its alright yeah I like it , I just had to put it in the oven for a bit
But I love the red clay its fantastic.
mary tyler

United States

#5229 Mar 22, 2013
Alabama Red wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ghana clay arrived yesterday. I have discovered that I'm not a true clay eater. I'm used to red crunchy sour dirt straight out of the ground. I'm not complaining because I wanted to try the different clays but I have not found any clay that satisfies my palate. So therefore I have decided to just take my iron tablets and eat healthy because I am anemic.
PS> Mary if you want the Ghana roasted clay i will ship it to you if you pay for the cost of shipping. Please leave me your email to discuss.
@ Alabama Red Thanks very thoughful of you.mice5031@aol.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama personal chef to hang up apron after 6 years Dec 26 Deo Vindice 7
7 things to know about epilepsy Dec 23 ADVERSE EFFECTS 3
A look at what went wrong with the Nutrition No... Dec 22 hmmm 1
Fitness Icon Denise Austin Introduces New 10-We... Dec 20 DeniseAustinFan 1
Saturated Fat Affects More Than Your Cholesterol (Jun '06) Dec 16 ADA 2014 18
Fighting the Flu With Food Dec 9 Weedhopper 1
GOP makes final push for school lunch waiver Dec 8 Lawrence Wolf 22
More from around the web