Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 8975 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

ati

London, UK

#5230 Mar 22, 2013
hi everyone my sister send me this video
"haitians eat dirt cookies to survive" on YouTube
mary tyler

United States

#5231 Mar 22, 2013
Some times I feel the same Alabama like for instance I love Ghana Roasted Clay . But I have tried the un Roasted and don't like it at all. So I guess eating clay has a lot to do with what satisfied out taste buds.I'm just going eat the clay that satisfy my needs and not
Experiment with so many different Regional Clay also stay on iron tablets.

BhaajkiMaatiLove r

Troy, NY

#5232 Mar 22, 2013
Riskier wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep..I eat the grey soft roasted stones from India...I cannot compromise for anything else...great earthy taste, amazing smell...awesssommmeeee.
Where do you get it in the US? Do u ask someone to ship it to u from Mumbai/Pune?
cornstrach eater

Ashburn, VA

#5233 Mar 22, 2013
ati wrote:
hi everyone my sister send me this video
"haitians eat dirt cookies to survive" on YouTube
Can u a post the link? Can't find it

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#5235 Mar 22, 2013
LOVE

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#5236 Mar 22, 2013
CLAY!!!!
clay clay

United States

#5238 Mar 22, 2013
I need gh Clay to buy. I am in new jersey. Any solutions? I don't want to buy it from the African market
Pica_chu

Trenton, NJ

#5241 Mar 22, 2013
Sooo new update guys... like Alabama ive discovered that I'm not a true clay lover...my pica cravings seem to be satisfied by things like...drywall, red brick, actual dirt....I haven't found a clay that satisfies me like those things have...I've tried...different types of white dirt...red dirt...Ghana clay egg shapes and regular shape....and I just don't get satisfied with them...but the most wonderful thing has happened....I found red brick dust on ebay!!! I couldn't believe my eyes bc I could never find it....I ordered it and it should be here next week....I'm so happy because I feel like I'm finally going to satisfy my craving for earthy substances...I haven't given up on clay tho...I still want to try the tanzania soil cake and other clays as well...this will be less stressful for me once I actually satisfy my cravings....go pica! lol
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#5242 Mar 22, 2013
There's somebody who sells nakumatt clay ? Who ?
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5243 Mar 22, 2013
Alexx wrote:
There's somebody who sells nakumatt clay ? Who ?
Hi Alexx, don't know of anybody here that sells it yet but MavuSeller had said she was going to try to get it. Hope she is still trying and is successful!
feedme more clay

Columbus, OH

#5244 Mar 23, 2013
can anyone tell mi an african market which sells clay in ohio or d.c
Marry Tyler

Beaumont, TX

#5245 Mar 23, 2013
feedme more clay wrote:
can anyone tell mi an african market which sells clay in ohio or d.c
IF You like ghana egg shape clay Love4clay2@yahoo.com sells in D.C.send her a e-mail.

Since: Oct 12

Andover, UK

#5246 Mar 24, 2013
Received some odowa from kenya yesterday,, crunch crunch , yum yum is all am going to do for the next few weeks...
Janet

Dyersburg, TN

#5248 Mar 24, 2013
This is not to get anything pop off but I sm not sure in what is going on. I got some clay from Good ole dirt an every time I eat it I get a bad headache an it hurt to swallow. I been eating white dirt for a min to rest from cornstarch that was putting weight on me. But even when I put it under fire it still give me a headache
feedme more clay

Columbus, OH

#5249 Mar 24, 2013
z it possble for somone o mail mi ghana clay thru postofice
lyk frm gh to usa.
Janet

Dyersburg, TN

#5251 Mar 24, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
<quoted text> hi Janet what brand of cornstarch do you eat?
Argo, hodgemill, organic (green box it 's the best) kroger brand, best choice, creamy.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5252 Mar 24, 2013
odowa lover wrote:
Received some odowa from kenya yesterday,, crunch crunch , yum yum is all am going to do for the next few weeks...
Hi Odowa Lover, you're so lucky!

Can you tell us more about it - have I read that there is more than one type of odowa? Which type do you have?
Mz libra

Alexandria, VA

#5253 Mar 24, 2013
Janet wrote:
<quoted text> Argo, hodgemill, organic (green box it 's the best) kroger brand, best choice, creamy.
you sound like me lol. I haven't tried the organic and right now I'm enjoying the Cream brand. I've never heard of best choice. I've eaten Kroger, hodge mill, clamber girl, food lion brand, great value brand from Walmart, Argo( box) don't like the taste in the container, clover valley from dollar general and hearth brand made by clabber girl from big lots. Also enjoying eating white dirt...
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5254 Mar 24, 2013
Janet wrote:
This is not to get anything pop off but I sm not sure in what is going on. I got some clay from Good ole dirt an every time I eat it I get a bad headache an it hurt to swallow. I been eating white dirt for a min to rest from cornstarch that was putting weight on me. But even when I put it under fire it still give me a headache
Sorry to read this.

Have you had this type clay before, and if so did you have a problem then too? Do you think you're having some type of allergic reaction?

Please take care of yourself, especially if it is causing it to hurt to swallow - I would be concerned about that.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5255 Mar 24, 2013
Janet wrote:
<quoted text> Argo, hodgemill, organic (green box it 's the best) kroger brand, best choice, creamy.
I wish I had that type choice here - all I've found is Argo and Shop-Rite.

I suppose I shouldn't complain, because at least I can get Argo in the box. Tell me, do you find any of the brands you've tried to be better than Argo in the box?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U.S. Gives $7 Bil in Food Benefits to "Ineligib... May 22 ronnie 15
News School Leaders Fire Back Against Claims Of Unhe... (May '10) May 20 Superintendant of... 19
News The Mosaic Company Named No. 40 on 100 Best Cor... May 19 Fertilizing Divid... 1
News Republicans Eye Changes to Food-Stamp Program May 13 Go Blue Forever 65
News High-protein diets may backfire in the long run May 12 brickboo 1
News Female and losing your hair? Don't worry h- her... May 10 bengiekrome 2
News El Pasoans asked to fill brown paper bags with ... May 8 L Morales 1
More from around the web