Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Comments (Page 247)

Showing posts 4,921 - 4,940 of7,759
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ackee

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

angela wrote:
Hi ackee and everyone else..... haven't been on the forum for so long..... I have not eaten clay in months... been taking my iron pills... but iron pills are making me sick.... stomach upset and stuff.....
wow.... what is going on. on this forum..... people are being mean to each other....
well.... just wanted to say hello.... take care everyone
Hey angela, Its been awhile. I know you are probably busy. I hope you are doing well and in good health. I have to say you were very informative when you were on the forum. Good to know you are good. Thanks for the shout out. Be well!!!!!!!!!!
ackee

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

MavuSeller wrote:
Interesting article to check out ladies:
http://zambiricoco.com/2012/03/11/another-one...
Besides all the drama I have to say many members here keep us inform by sharing what they have learned or seen when it comes to clay. We can choose to use it or not. I love to read all the articles and posts. I have to say I have learned a lot and it has helped me greatly with moderation when it comes to clay. I do love clay. The texture the crunchiness and the earthiness that is if I can get my hands on some good clay. Thanks to everyone who has posted information that is helpful.
hi Adaku hope you are well too!!!
ackee

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

MavuSeller wrote:
Interesting article to check out ladies:
http://zambiricoco.com/2012/03/11/another-one...
That looks like it would be real earthy. I can see a little twig coming out of the clay, All natural and not processed . It just need to get baked. hmmmmmm!!!!!

Since: Oct 12

Andover, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks so natural and chunky.
Can you tell me, the odowa that is like this - is it smooth or does it have some grittiness to it?
@ All things clay, the odowa like that is crunchy but not gritty ...... It's very earthy when you leave it out in the sun to dry ....
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
@ All things clay, the odowa like that is crunchy but not gritty ...... It's very earthy when you leave it out in the sun to dry ....
Thanks Odowa Lover. It looks and sounds like my type clay.
Mucha

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Soul Sista wrote:
<quoted text>
Please send an email to soulghfoods@hotmail.com
Thnk you for the email add.
Riskier

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

LoveToEatClay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, u name urself 'Some fools' and u call me an idiot! I commend ur honesty though...u know that u're a fool and u chose ur name wisely...it suits u! Btw I know that u're 'clayaholic' from sheffield UK. I think u should always use the name 'Some fools' instead of 'clayaholic', it does complete justice to your ignorance!
VERY WELL SAID
Riskier

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

LoveToEatClay wrote:
Guys! Leslie has doubled her 'red dirt' price now...From $2.50 per bag, it's now $5.00 per bag. And she charges a fortune for shipping too...I tried ordering 4 bags of red dirt and the total with shipping and handling (within the US) came to $34.00 approx. Tht's too much to pay for dirt! Needless to say, I didn't finally place the order, I'm not buying from her anymore.
And it is nothing but crushed white chalk mixed with water and dried...and then we have to bake and put in brown bag to change taste...way tooexpensive

Since: Jan 13

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

I dont care what no one says about Leslies product....I love it. .....its coooooolllllllllll.... LOL.
ati

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

can anyone talk to me
clayaholic

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

ati wrote:
can anyone talk to me
What about?
clayaholic

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Meeee258 wrote:
I dont care what no one says about Leslies product....I love it......its coooooolllllllllll.... LOL.
Haha to each their own!

It's funny though how people start clay bashing dirt that they don't like and become defensively loyal to the clay they love lool

Clay is powerful ain't it!

Since: Mar 13

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

I used to love this forum because it was so informative and fun. Though I haven't been an active member I learnt alot from here and loved to read comments and to take advice. Through this forum I got to know about heilerde by luvos and how to reduce the cravings by taking iron tablets. Since last week I have only been reading about provocative comments and insults. I sometimes understand peoples anger and frustration when they don't get what they paid for with their hard earned money. I have luck that I don't have to order online since I can easily get calaba from the afroshop and when the seller is out of stock I buy the German heilerde. Last week I got me 500g calaba for 5 euro and some chunks were overbacked that I couldn't really feel the earthly taste. I was so mad but o had to calm down with the argument that may be some were dug at different places and all wouldn't taste the same. Let's not forget that clay eating is an addiction and once the clay doesn't satisfy our cravings we get nervous and moreover one paid alot for the product and for shipment. I will urge the sellers to exercise patience when their products are been critisied to find a polite way of explaining to the customers why the clay taste the way it is and to advice how one can improve the taste. Thanks and clay love to you all
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

I'm sure some of you ladies can relate to this:

I sometimes chew on earthy material that I dig when I can(it isn't pure clay, couldn't say what it is exactly, but it is similar although gritty - some pieces real earthy, some a bit sour, not a bad substitute for real clay though.

Anyway, I keep it in a cloth bag. Was down to just a few tiny crumbs, almost powder really, when I found a good size chunk caught in a corner of the bag. I was so excited and happy to see that chunk!

Most people would think that sounds crazy, lol!

Since: Apr 11

Racine, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

All things clay wrote:
I'm sure some of you ladies can relate to this:
I sometimes chew on earthy material that I dig when I can(it isn't pure clay, couldn't say what it is exactly, but it is similar although gritty - some pieces real earthy, some a bit sour, not a bad substitute for real clay though.
Anyway, I keep it in a cloth bag. Was down to just a few tiny crumbs, almost powder really, when I found a good size chunk caught in a corner of the bag. I was so excited and happy to see that chunk!
Most people would think that sounds crazy, lol!
It taste really good when you get down to that very last piece.
angela

Queens Village, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Hello ackee , adaku, swabbi and all.... i hope everyone is well. I actually had a virus in my PC something called FBI virus and it shuts your computer down and asks for like 200 dollars to unlock your computer. I didnt get it fixed for a while. So i didn't have internet access for a while.

As i told you guys earlier... Iron pills help a lot... I had to take them 3 times a day.. i took them for 3 months or more. then i started getting sick like diarrhea, nothing was getting digested bascially. sometimes i would through up right after eating. So I asked my doctor and she prescribed me iron pills and B13. They are supposed to be better...... I am doing great. No clay No clay cravings...... I think taking atleast one iron pill a day should help and get the ones that are slow release. because anemia can cause many problems over time....

well...... take care guys......:)

its always good to read this forum.....:)
Kate

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

This is a habit that can never be stopped by me,i hv asked many doctors about it not knowing that they eat it too,i cant stay for a day without eating clay(uro)the smell is apetising and welcuming,let's keep it up.
feedme more clay

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Rinkie wrote:
I love thr taste of multani chunks this is avaivalable easily in departmentel store
wer is the store in usa
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Kate wrote:
This is a habit that can never be stopped by me,i hv asked many doctors about it not knowing that they eat it too,i cant stay for a day without eating clay(uro)the smell is apetising and welcuming,let's keep it up.
Hi Kate, I am always interested in different names for clay. I assumed that uro was a name for clay in a different language, but when I did a search what came up is that it is a brand name for a polymer clay. Is that what you crave and eat, the modelling clay brand Uro?

I looked up polymer clay, and wikipedia says: Polymer clay is a type of hardenable modeling clay based on the polymer polyvinyl chloride (PVC). It typically contains no clay minerals, but like mineral clay a liquid is added to dry particles until it achieves gel-like working properties, and similarly, the part is put into an oven to harden, hence its colloquial designation as clay....Polymer clays contain a basis of PVC resin and a liquid plasticizer,[3] making it a plastisol. Polymer clay plastisol is also categorized as a plastigel because of its rheological properties.[4] It is a high yield thixotropic material; when a sufficient force is applied the material yields, flows like a viscous liquid until that force is removed, whereupon it returns to being a solid. This plasticity is what makes it useful as modeling clay as opposed to putty or paste. Plastigels retain their shape even when heat is applied, which is why polymer clay does not melt or droop when oven cured.[4] Various gelling agents are added to give it this property such as aminated bentonite, metallic soaps, or fumed silica.[5]

I don't judge what people enjoy, but if this is what you're eating have you ever tried natural clay?
Anonymous

Saratoga Springs, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Mary clay eater wrote:
I used to love this forum because it was so informative and fun. Though I haven't been an active member I learnt alot from here and loved to read comments and to take advice. Through this forum I got to know about heilerde by luvos and how to reduce the cravings by taking iron tablets. Since last week I have only been reading about provocative comments and insults. I sometimes understand peoples anger and frustration when they don't get what they paid for with their hard earned money. I have luck that I don't have to order online since I can easily get calaba from the afroshop and when the seller is out of stock I buy the German heilerde. Last week I got me 500g calaba for 5 euro and some chunks were overbacked that I couldn't really feel the earthly taste. I was so mad but o had to calm down with the argument that may be some were dug at different places and all wouldn't taste the same. Let's not forget that clay eating is an addiction and once the clay doesn't satisfy our cravings we get nervous and moreover one paid alot for the product and for shipment. I will urge the sellers to exercise patience when their products are been critisied to find a polite way of explaining to the customers why the clay taste the way it is and to advice how one can improve the taste. Thanks and clay love to you all
Hey Mary, it was good to read ur post. What is heilerde? Is it earthy and chunky? Would u b having any pictures of it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,921 - 4,940 of7,759
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••