Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9250 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

loving ma clay

Aberdeen, UK

#4899 Mar 12, 2013
Oops,dirt is dirt...wow,so you can actually make proper comments?well if your previous posts were anything close to the last one,this drama won't have happened in the first place.
ati

London, UK

#4900 Mar 12, 2013
concerned earth lover wrote:
LOL. Wow. I finally got the confirmation I
needed that pica is more a mental and behavioural disorder than it is
about our physical cravings. Dirtisdirt is very amusing but a tad
psychotic I also respect her for not using very much profanity. Ati is
very confusing to understand so comes across retarded. But really we are
all on edge and out of control one time or the other and need help from
loved ones and family or we can see our doctor and address the
underlying health trigger. I am in the process of sorting my health
which I hope will also sort my crave and then finally my obsessive
compulsion for clay and this forum. Forums are good. I love netmums.com
I agreed with the other guys it is dangerous for Alex to beg anonymous
strangers for clay but I could also relate to having a family like hers
who do not listen even when you are crying out for help, and they force
you to be strong when you feeling vulnerable. But it's hard to snap out
of it. That is mental stress undetected.
Sorry for going off on a tangent. God bless us all
hey earth lover i am talking nonsense , i m not from English country ,my english in not well fine. can u tell me m i wrong

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4901 Mar 12, 2013
Lets not over analyse too much on contradictions distisdirt the very fact you do not eat dirt but have spent so much time reading and writing on this forum is amusing and the biggest contradiction of all.
I am exceptionally tidy and fuss about my personal hygiene but I could eat 10 bags of ghana clay a day. I know the cost of this clay is peanuts in Africa and I am sensible with money but apply very little common sense when I pay 20 times the street value to UK vendors. But that is the price of addiction
Life is one big contradiction so lets not over analyse it too much or we drive ourselves nuts.
im glad i could amuse you. you guys need to be shaken up. you are funny, i dont eat dirt but its a forum which suggests that conversation (agreement and disagreement) is about the pros/cons/whys etc... is ok right

by the way this is my first time commenting but since it seems to upset you so i think ill stay and conversate daily.

you say im a contradiction in one breath and then say you yourself have no common sense so how can I even take you seriously?
clay hug to you :)

see I know that here you can be mean and nasty and just say clay hug and move on right? lets be clay friends?

Location hidden

#4902 Mar 12, 2013
ati wrote:
<quoted text>
hey earth lover i am talking nonsense , i m not from English country ,my english in not well fine. can u tell me m i wrong
hey ati dont worry about
told you they were a bunch of mean girls :)

see i disagree with them and they dont want to talk to someone who does not agree yet they spend the morning attacking and cursing me only to call me the mean one.

no wonder poor alexx never came back. but know this, im here to stay and i have quite a lot to say.

they called your retarded and me a bitch, but then come back and try to get all deep to tell you why you should go away.

heres a thought, maybe some of them need to go away, but no, cause they have a right to be here, just like you and me :)

Location hidden

#4903 Mar 12, 2013
i have not called you crazy for eating dirt but you call ati retarded.

contradiction?:)

you are cracking me up!

we dont agree we get called names, no defense for that ladies? I say ladies because women tend to have a predilection for this particular kind of bitchiness :)
Pica_chu

Maple Shade, NJ

#4904 Mar 12, 2013
dirtisdirt wrote:
<quoted text>
so do you dig your own?
typically yes I do..however some I liked and some I don't.
lately I haven't had the time or privacy to harvest my own and for me it's trial and error to find what I'm looking for so for convenience purposes I decided to try some of the clay that can be shipped to my home...I know your belief is dirt is dirt but personally I can't agree...I can't just go to my backyard and eat whatever is there...not all dirt appeals to me...therefore it doesn't solve my cravings :)

Location hidden

#4905 Mar 12, 2013
loving ma clay wrote:
Oops,dirt is dirt...wow,so you can actually make proper comments?well if your previous posts were anything close to the last one,this drama won't have happened in the first place.
i like you. hit dog will holler and all that.
You eat dirt but because I want to talk about what you have clearly put out on the web for all to discuss you have a hissy?

whats up. I think dirt is dirt, you can get it from your yard. grab a spoon and enjoy.

I like having a different opinion from you.

Tell me, whats proper, all the other post with the nasty comments and profanity that you have not spoken to.

Dont lecture sweetie, you really not in a position to speak on sanity (you eat dirt):).

did you know that saying eat dirt is an insult in most cultures?

I wont say that to you though cause you might think Im trying to be your friend :)
loving ma clay

Aberdeen, UK

#4906 Mar 12, 2013
Ok witchie,no one is trying to pacify you.you are vile and will not take that back.are you alex??seems like.but you are hated!you do not have a life so need one,this is the only thing that will make you feel you are needed.trying to form an alliance with ati...go ahead!vile fool.

Location hidden

#4907 Mar 12, 2013
misspisces wrote:
i really appreciate this forum as i enjoy reading the post and also learning alot of information about our craving for clay dirt i always knew i had this problem. Am 18 now but even when i was 6 i remember i licked this big clay vase my parents had... and i liked it the smell and the earthy stone taste ( i only did it that one time). i have never had clay/ dirt to eat even though i crave it i dont want to start but somedays it get pretty tempting but i just dont i really do like the smell of wet earth . Am sure am like this because am anemic i feel that once i take iron pills my craving lacks so i will keep doing that soon. Coming here makes me not feel like am the only one feeling this way . its a natural craving i know anything in moderation and w/ water wont hurt you but i think if i was to start i wont stop so i just stay away lol.
now this little girl has control.
loving ma clay

Aberdeen, UK

#4908 Mar 12, 2013
Loseerrrrrrrr,no one will ever ever want you.be my friend??not a chance in hell..you can never be happy honey...just another waste of space

Location hidden

#4909 Mar 12, 2013
loving ma clay wrote:
Ok witchie,no one is trying to pacify you.you are vile and will not take that back.are you alex??seems like.but you are hated!you do not have a life so need one,this is the only thing that will make you feel you are needed.trying to form an alliance with ati...go ahead!vile fool.
see there you go with the name calling. see i dont think you are vile. i think you need help.

again im not alexx, but maybe she will come back :)

she should never had been run off by people like you.

your behavior is vile. you should really learn some control. look you eat dirt but you want to speak on my behavior.

Im simply partcipating and expressing an opinion which seems to have bent you (who dont know me from adam) all out of shape.

whats really going on ma?

Ive only spoken to an annomyous you and I cant make any comments to your life other than the fact that you eat clay, Im curious how you know so much about me other than I think dirt is dirt.

I could make the assumption that your habit makes you nuts but I have not made that jump.

you need some anger management, really you do :)

talking to me is going to teach you some of that tolerance that you want people to have towards your dirt eating predilection.

Location hidden

#4910 Mar 12, 2013
loving ma clay wrote:
Loseerrrrrrrr,no one will ever ever want you.be my friend??not a chance in hell..you can never be happy honey...just another waste of space
I dont agree with the habit of eating dirt, so that makes me a loser. Now the average person would think that people who eat dirt are losers?

actually Im very happy. now you, you seem like a very angry lady :)

I like my space. I like my place here in this forum. I like having my own thoughts too.

I really wanna help you. Someone you dont know should not be making you so spasdic.

calm down really. See you eat dirt, Im just saying that you should not be buying what is free. Im saying that when people come here that you want to run them away when they disagree. You dont have that kinda of power nor do you have the right. So since you think that you do, I think I will stay awhile.

Location hidden

#4911 Mar 12, 2013
loving ma clay wrote:
you toss insults like you dont have home trainig.

You eat dirt, does that make you foolish, or me for thinking you should probably not eat dirt, or at the very least just go outside and get you some?

Im not looking to be pacified. Im good with my opinion, it seems to upset you though.
concerned earth lover

London, UK

#4912 Mar 12, 2013
Thanks adaku. I am very similar to you. I felt better when I gave up ghana clay but I think about it most days lol. I've had gynecology issues most of my adult life including anemia and netmums is just like this but people are more transparent and informative on ways out of all pre and post child birth issues. Some of the topics even mention odd cravings but not as detailed as this forum.

Location hidden

#4913 Mar 12, 2013
Pica_chu wrote:
<quoted text>
typically yes I do..however some I liked and some I don't.
lately I haven't had the time or privacy to harvest my own and for me it's trial and error to find what I'm looking for so for convenience purposes I decided to try some of the clay that can be shipped to my home...I know your belief is dirt is dirt but personally I can't agree...I can't just go to my backyard and eat whatever is there...not all dirt appeals to me...therefore it doesn't solve my cravings :)
thank you responding in a respectful manner to someone who does not necessarily agree with the practice.

this forum has many people with different opinions but the minute someone says something not signed off on by a few, some here just loose all their mind.

I still think dirt is dirt. People keep saying they want the dirt taste. Its everywhere and its free. Just did real deep.
ati

London, UK

#4914 Mar 12, 2013
dirtisdirt wrote:
<quoted text>
hey ati dont worry about
told you they were a bunch of mean girls :)
see i disagree with them and they dont want to talk to someone who does
not agree yet they spend the morning attacking and cursing me only to
call me the mean one.
no wonder poor alexx never came back. but know this, im here to stay and
i have quite a lot to say.
they called your retarded and me a bitch, but then come back and try to
get all deep to tell you why you should go away.
heres a thought, maybe some of them need to go away, but no, cause they
have a right to be here, just like you and me :)
hey thank:-) alliance, retarded whatever they call me but i know who i m
Alabama Red

Tucker, GA

#4915 Mar 12, 2013
I really enjoy the forum and don't like reading all the back to back comments putting each other down. Please just state your comments and move on it does not take 2 or 3 pages of insults to prove a point.
concerned earth lover

London, UK

#4916 Mar 12, 2013
Ati@@. I did not mean to be rude to you. I have no problem with your English it is perfectly clear. The problem is it doesn't usually make any sense to the flow of posts. (The radicals on hear will be saying yes but you have the right to post lol too) but If you can go back and read it yourself and compare your contributions to the other posts you might see it is better to just read along like we all do and then post when you actually have something comprehensive to add afterall we are all here to gain more info. And if we all posted weird one liners you would not be hooked on this forum like you are. Be cool mate.
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#4917 Mar 12, 2013
Thanks adaku. I am very similar to you. I felt better when I gave up ghana clay but I think about it most days lol. I've had gynecology issues most of my adult life including anemia and netmums is just like this but people are more transparent and informative on ways out of all pre and post child birth issues. Some of the topics even mention odd cravings but not as detailed as this forum.
wow,might visit to read through other people's experiences......about the gynae issues,it's a horrible feel when you are not clear about its aetiology.i love the control I have,this I feel nothing,no craves just me.hope to recover soonest..have promised myself that I will keep iron tabs real close...good luck babes,you will be fine soon.not heard from ackee?just hope she is okay
Ummm

Birmingham, UK

#4918 Mar 12, 2013
Guys, it's not that deep

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump official freezes Michelle Obamaa s plan t... May 5 Lawrence Wolf 61
News Turmeric lowered high blood pressure (Feb '09) May 3 Ashton 52
News Authorities: 1 dead, several hurt in U. of Texa... May 2 Laredo 1
News Honey Boo Boo's diet now a serious study by uni... (Oct '12) Apr 25 RTIC 2
News A nutritionist reveals 3 foods that boost your ... Apr '17 Pecan Boy 1
News UNHEALTHY Take soda, candy off food stamp list Mar '17 Jacky 80
News Should food stamps be used to buy soda and cand... Mar '17 Sweet tooth 1
More from around the web