Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.
Comments
4,601 - 4,620 of 7,844 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
mary tyler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Ackee wrote:
I was looking at the Ghana clay on Ebay it looks real good. it looks just like the one in the video on youtube. It looks like the real deal.It is quite interesting that since I have been on this forum we have been having access to a variety of clay.
@ Ackee yes it the real deal No pebbles and big fats ones earthy ,chruncy and good . IF this your clay of choice you will be satisfied.love4clay2@Yahoo.com
ati

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Sarah wrote:
<quoted text> I eat clay and my period is 5days late can this be the cause...
sarahebony@yahoo.com pls reply
i dont think so sarah. hou much u eat clay?
ati

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Sarah wrote:
<quoted text> I eat nzu clay Nigerian type and my
period is 5days late could that be the cause.... Pls reply
sarahebony@yahoo.com
when u start eating clay? its depend that
Pica_chu

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

dirtnclay wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome! I love the name! ;)
How long have you been eating clay and what is your preference??
I've just started eating Clay. I've had pica since I was around 8...I will be 26 on Monday.....I actually ate dry wall....red brick.... and sandy dirt that I would sift at home to get all the rocks and stuff out...I was looking up videos with people who had pica and discovered clay. I ordered some ga white dirt from sam...I don't particularly like it...I prefer a more earthy taste so I'm letting it dry in a paper bag now....ive also ordered the Ghana clay from one of the sellers on here and the red dirt from leslie :) can't wait to tell you guys about it :)
ati

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Pica_chu wrote:
<quoted text>
I've just started eating Clay. I've had pica since I was around 8...I
will be 26 on Monday.....I actually ate dry wall....red brick.... and
sandy dirt that I would sift at home to get all the rocks and stuff
out...I was looking up videos with people who had pica and discovered
clay. I ordered some ga white dirt from sam...I don't particularly like
it...I prefer a more earthy taste so I'm letting it dry in a paper bag
now....ive also ordered the Ghana clay from one of the sellers on here
and the red dirt from leslie :) can't wait to tell you guys about it
:)
hey have u any health problems to eat clay?
Pica_chu

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

ati wrote:
<quoted text>
hey have u any health problems to eat clay?
Hey :)...I honestly don't know.... I've had a couple of stomach aches and I had severe cramps that used to cause me to faint.....and I used to have to take prescription medication for them...also bad gas pains... I have not had any constipation though I don't go to the bathroom as much as I should...I have learned a lot from this forum and I think that those things were caused by the things I eat. I said before that I've been eating things since I was eight...I didn't find out that there was a name for it until my sophomore year of college
ati

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Pica_chu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey :)...I honestly don't know.... I've had a couple of stomach aches
and I had severe cramps that used to cause me to faint.....and I used to
have to take prescription medication for them...also bad gas pains... I
have not had any constipation though I don't go to the bathroom as much
as I should...I have learned a lot from this forum and I think that
those things were caused by the things I eat. I said before that I've
been eating things since I was eight...I didn't find out that there was a
name for it until my sophomore year of college
just 2 years ago i stop my this habbit. sometimes i test little bit clay just for enjoyment.
Indian Chalkie

Hyderabad, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Welcome Pica_chu :0) Looking forward to hearing abt your experiences with all the clay u've ordered.. Sure are lucky ! lol

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

whats the big deal. Dirt is dirt. Just go out in the front yard dig and eat.

You people talk about dirt like it some kinda delicacy!

Whats the difference. You dig it you eat it, duh!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

LoveToEatClay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, me too...I ordered just the red dirt this time as white dirt I had tasted last time and had not liked at all. The red dirt is slightly better than white dirt but I agree with you...both don't taste like dirt at all.
How does dirt taste? Its dirt right? Why not just dig your own dirt out of your own yard and then you will be ok?

You can sift it with conlondar or something right? You are talking like their is some holy grail of dirt to be found. We all walk on it in our own yards. Look out the window and you have all the dirt you can handle.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

cherry wrote:
Someone please send me a link to Leslie or soul sister or ANY other supplier who ships to the UK. I am in need of any type of clay. please please please
Why did you not hear the other people, the dirt does not taste like dirt :).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

I have looked at the websites for good ole dirt and georgia white dirt and Im sure that these are not legit sites and neither are these other email sellers. They probably just dig dirt out their yards and sell it to you!

who would sell dirt. hey just go out in your yard and get you some dirt to eat.

easy- dig it, eat it.

whats with the egg clay, eww its mixed, mixed with what? do you even know what the heck you are eating. at least if you go out in the yard there is no middle man :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Bama Dirt Eater wrote:
I just received my order of both red and white dirt from Leslie. I was very disappointed with both. They did not taste like any dirt that I am familiar with. It tasted more like chalk. I hated it! Sooo disappointed!!!!!
Well duh just dig your own dirt. Find a spot, get a shovel and dig.

Try different spots till you find the one that has the best taste of dirt for you.

If that does not work, go to a friends house and try the dirt from their yard.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

you people are mad at the dirt sellers cause you cant find you some good dirt :, but really you should be mad at yourselves.

dirt covers the earth and is the easiest thing to find. its more abundant than water for gods sake.

get a shovel, dig, and eat!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Rusty Blade wrote:
I guess it's better that eating paste.
It cant be :)

Since: Oct 12

Andover, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

dirtisdirt wrote:
<quoted text>
Well duh just dig your own dirt. Find a spot, get a shovel and dig.
Try different spots till you find the one that has the best taste of dirt for you.
If that does not work, go to a friends house and try the dirt from their yard.
Dirtisdirt, if you have nothing to do , don't do it here. Now run along and find another forum to waste time on ... Or just go to bed and sleep, it will be more productive .

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

kole wrote:
Up right now eating some good old red clay. The white clay is good but the red is better plus its free lol
thats right dig it up and eat it. if you want some white dirt just sprinkle some flour on it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

anne wrote:
<quoted text> hi Kanijah. I to love to eat all you said clay being the 1st . I'm only 27 an the doctors are telling me that I cant have children, me an my husband have tried for three years. I love clay an eat it everyday I don't really eat cornstarch because it put weight on you but like you if I can't get clay starch is it. I cant find a chalk that I really like.
really you cant find any, the ones you buy you dont like, this is absurb! Dig it ! Dig it! Dig it!

some say chalk, dirt, clay, nzu, calaba,kaolin slate blah blah blah....

its too chalky
its not chalky enough
its not earthy
it does not taste like dirt
its messy(its dirt right and dirt is dirty?)
i cant sneak and eat it
i cant tell anyone
Im ashamed
its not what i expected
starch makes me gain weight i dont like the taste

blah blah blah

You are the most complaining people that i have ever come across!

its dirt folks and you can have your fill. go outside with a bag and go for it! now when you taste that tell us if that tastes dirty enough for you :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Dirtisdirt, if you have nothing to do , don't do it here. Now run along and find another forum to waste time on ... Or just go to bed and sleep, it will be more productive .
and you, you ms. lover, you have a lot to say here. whats your take? why dont you just dig you some dirt up and eat it? Im sure that if you look outside where ever you are and you will see plenty right now.

whats with this search for some holy grail of dirt. you people dont seem to like any of the dirt that you currently eat or buy so why not dig up your own?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually like it here, and Im gonna stay awhile. Do you mind?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••