Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.
Comments
4,461 - 4,480 of 7,866 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

Since: Oct 12

Andover, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Indian Chalkie wrote:
<quoted text>
Odowa lover, what you mention about Lead poisoning is very true but the kadi sold in paint shops has no paint in it whatsoever. It is used by the guys who paint to maybe draw lines on the walls as a marker. I'm so glad the way everyone looks out for the others in the forum. Cheers to this one big clay loving family !!
Hi Indian chalkie,
My concern was actually contamination coz of the storage conditions ... It's good if you are careful
clay junkie

Clinton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Could some answera question for me! My daughter is in a dental assistance class and she told me that they was discussing! Clay/dirt&corn starch in here class! Could the white dirt be molded into a paste to make a mold for the mouth. Because I think I might be missing some chunks! I'm have to start keeping count!
ati

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Indian Chalkie wrote:
Rinkie/Mahi/Ati,
Please share how you prefer your multani mitti. Since I dont have access
to chunks, I mix the powder with some water to make a paste and then
spread it out on a plate in the sun.Similar to haitian mud cake shapes.
It gets crunchy and deeeeeelicious after it gets dry !! You should try
this. The smoother the mitti, the lesser grit it has...the better the
taste.
hi actually me ye sab nahi kar sakti coz mere family ko pata nahi hAi . Muze mitti powder khana pasand hai .
Lekin me once month khati hu wo bhi enjoyment ke liye actually me control kar rahi hu
ati

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Indian Chalkie wrote:
Rinkie/Mahi/Ati,
Please share how you prefer your multani mitti. Since I dont have access
to chunks, I mix the powder with some water to make a paste and then
spread it out on a plate in the sun.Similar to haitian mud cake shapes.
It gets crunchy and deeeeeelicious after it gets dry !! You should try
this. The smoother the mitti, the lesser grit it has...the better the
taste.
tum kitna khati ho?
Soul Sista

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

clay junkie wrote:
Could some answera question for me! My daughter is in a dental assistance class and she told me that they was discussing! Clay/dirt&corn starch in here class! Could the white dirt be molded into a paste to make a mold for the mouth. Because I think I might be missing some chunks! I'm have to start keeping count!
Hahahahaha.... How I would love to have that mould in my mouth!! I would eat it and go in every week to have a new mould fixed in!!!
Soul Sista

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

ati wrote:
<quoted text>
hi actually me ye sab nahi kar sakti coz mere family ko pata nahi hAi . Muze mitti powder khana pasand hai .
Lekin me once month khati hu wo bhi enjoyment ke liye actually me control kar rahi hu
Please translate that into English so we can also try our mitti that way. Thanks.
LoveToEatClay

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

clay junkie wrote:
Ordered red clay from Leslie! Should get it by the weekend! All I can say is pica don't fell me now! I really hope its what I've been craving!
I too ordered red clay from leslie, ahhhhh, how I'm waiting for it! But I probably won't get it by this weekend :( although I ordered on Wednesday! The estimated delivery is Monday for me :(
ati

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Soul Sista wrote:
<quoted text>
Please translate that into English so we can also try our mitti that way. Thanks.

i mean to say i love eating clay .multani mitti means indian fuller earth an its yellow colour its also ues to face pach body pack hair pack but it smells really good thats y i eat this . But now i control my self to eat this. Its available every stores in india only rs15. I m not eat eceryday just once a month
ati

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Soul Sista wrote:
<quoted text>
i eat clay for enjoyment its easyly available but i just ignore bcoz its not good for health
clay junkie

Clinton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

ati wrote:
<quoted text>
i mean to say i love eating clay .multani mitti means indian fuller earth an its yellow colour its also ues to face pach body pack hair pack but it smells really good thats y i eat this . But now i control my self to eat this. Its available every stores in india only rs15. I m not eat eceryday just once a month
I went to a Indian market where I live to get multani. He showed me a yellow box with a lady face using it for face mask! Is that the one you get"
ati

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

clay junkie wrote:
<quoted text> I went to a Indian market where I
live to get multani. He showed me a yellow box with a lady face using
it for face mask! Is that the one you get"
yes. in indian market u gor many varity of this mitti and they are different test
mahi

Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Indian Chalkie wrote:
<quoted text>
Mahi... clay is way better, Please be careful as what you're talking of ingesting is pure stones which can cause way more trouble that the odd stomach pain or constipation. Please stick to chalk or clay.
no yaaar they are soft stones....have ever tried it?!!!
mahi

Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Indian Chalkie wrote:
Rinkie/Mahi/Ati,
Please share how you prefer your multani mitti. Since I dont have access to chunks, I mix the powder with some water to make a paste and then spread it out on a plate in the sun.Similar to haitian mud cake shapes. It gets crunchy and deeeeeelicious after it gets dry !! You should try this. The smoother the mitti, the lesser grit it has...the better the taste.
i prefer small chunks of multani mitti....so that i could keep them in my pocket...!!
mahi

Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

M yeah i like salty n smooth fullers earth.....
ati

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

mahi wrote:
M yeah i like salty n smooth fullers earth.....
i dont test chunks of multani mitti i like powder
Meh

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Indian Chalkie wrote:
<quoted text>
Mahi... clay is way better, Please be careful as what you're talking of ingesting is pure stones which can cause way more trouble that the odd stomach pain or constipation. Please stick to chalk or clay.
i agree! Pebbles in the rice and other food are the main reason for kidney stones. Take care dear! Drinking boiled pudina water or dhaniya water can cure it easily or help you to maintain a balance with pica. BTW i had an experiment with multani by adding water into to it and drying it out. It was delicious. Powder form of multani is dangourous to health..
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Yes ilike clay i eat roasted clay pots that is earthy gritty but this is harmful
Info

Leicester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Multani Mitti being sold on both UK and US ebay
See Links:http://www.ebay.com/itm/ MULTANI-MITTI-INDIAN-VOLCANIC- CLAY-WHOLE-4-OZ-PURE-ORGANIC-C LAY-/281070096846?pt=LH_Defaul tDomain_0&hash=item4171155 1ce

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Top-Op-Multani-Matt...
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

clay junkie wrote:
I might have to tweet Anderson Cooper and tell him that's not strange that's normal! Pica Rules!!! LOL!!!
Yes, lol! Maybe he'd want to have some of us come on his show. I generally keep my habit a secret, but I've told a few people lately (and discovered that two of my sisters have cravings too!!) and people should be educated about clay eating. If Anderson wants to buy me a plane ticket I'd think about it, lol!
ackee

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Hello to everyone. Has anyone tied the red clay from Leslie yet.I am thinking of getting some.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••