Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9262 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Since: Oct 12

Leicester, UK

#4666 Mar 7, 2013
This page has been quite active for the last two days... Clay hug everyone!!!
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#4667 Mar 7, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
I finished my two pounds of white dirt from Leslie. I enjoyed it very much. Tuesday I bought a box of cornstarch and needless to say the box is half gone. I enjoy both of them the same. I just saw a new video on YT with a young lady eating argo cornstarch. Biting into my white dirt and getting that sour taste along with the creamy texture was so wonderful. Time to order again so, I can have two of my pica favorites!!!!
Hi Mz libra, I had to go and look for that new video. Is this it:

That lady is hooked bad - three to four containers a day. For those ladies thinking of trying corn starch, she is a good example of how hooked you can become.

I noticed that her favourite is Argo in the container. Just goes to show how our tastes can differ, as I've read that a lot of people don't like the container. I can eat it, but think the box is much, much better.
dirtnclay

London, UK

#4668 Mar 7, 2013
Aww she looks like she really wants to quit though!

If anyone that has a YouTube account can comment on her video and link her to the forum I think it'd really help her in knowing she ain't alone!
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#4669 Mar 7, 2013
Here's a new video about a lady who eats clay powder.

She is so enthusiastic over the powder. I wonder if she knows about chunks? She'd probably go crazy over chunks, lol!

There is a therapist talking about how the clay can just settle and get stuck in your stomach...any thoughts on that anybody?
ati

London, UK

#4670 Mar 7, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =D6Febg3cRxEXX
That lady is hooked bad - three to four containers a day. For those
ladies thinking of trying corn starch, she is a good example of how
hooked you can become.
I noticed that her favourite is Argo in the container. Just goes to show
how our tastes can differ, as I've read that a lot of people don't like
the container. I can eat it, but think the box is much, much
better.
oh god she need help
ati

London, UK

#4671 Mar 7, 2013
Rinkie wrote:
Hi mahi you tellthe khadhi mitti powder use waall before
painting this found powder forum you make with own chunks dried the sun
baked ifound a asianpaint shop i tell him i make a craft work so found
this
heyy u eat mitti
ati

London, UK

#4672 Mar 7, 2013
dirtnclay wrote:
Aww she looks like she really wants to quit though!
If anyone that has a YouTube account can comment on her video and link
her to the forum I think it'd really help her in knowing she ain't
alone!
u eat clAy?
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

#4673 Mar 8, 2013
Hi clay lover pls discus me your indian experience
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

#4674 Mar 8, 2013
Hi ati i eat a multani mitti i love this taste can i discus you in
hindi
Mz libra

Chesapeake, OH

#4675 Mar 8, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =D6Febg3cRxEXX
That lady is hooked bad - three to four containers a day. For those ladies thinking of trying corn starch, she is a good example of how hooked you can become.
I noticed that her favourite is Argo in the container. Just goes to show how our tastes can differ, as I've read that a lot of people don't like the container. I can eat it, but think the box is much, much better.
Hi ATC! Yes that's the video. She's been eating cornstarch since she was 12. I like the Argo in the box. This time I purchased the Great Value brand from Walmart. I've tried the Argo in the container but I didn't like it. I also saw Argo Laundry Starch st my local gas station. I wonder how that taste but I didn't buy it. I said its laundry starch could be other chemicals in it. I watched a tv program called " My Strange Addiction". A young lady was addicted to eating deordorant. Pica has so many levels
ati

London, UK

#4676 Mar 8, 2013
Rinkie wrote:
hindi
ji haa
ati

London, UK

#4677 Mar 8, 2013
Rinkie wrote:
hindi
main khati hoon lekin roz nahi ab me control kar rahi hoon coz ye aadat achi nahi hai kabhi kabhi khati hoon mere ghar me kisiko ye pata nahi hai isliye muze chupke khana padata hai
ati

London, UK

#4678 Mar 8, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
<quoted text> Hi ATC! Yes that's the video. She's
been eating cornstarch since she was 12. I like the Argo in the box.
This time I purchased the Great Value brand from Walmart. I've tried the
Argo in the container but I didn't like it. I also saw Argo Laundry
Starch st my local gas station. I wonder how that taste but I didn't buy
it. I said its laundry starch could be other chemicals in it. I watched
a tv program called " My Strange Addiction". A young lady was addicted
to eating deordorant. Pica has so many levels
thats y i learn control this habbit

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#4679 Mar 8, 2013
I'm getting my white dirt from Leslie today! Can't wait to try it!
ati

London, UK

#4680 Mar 8, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
I'm getting my white dirt from Leslie today! Can't wait to try it!
u eat white dirt everyday?
mobu consumer

South Africa

#4681 Mar 8, 2013
All things clay wrote:
Here's a new video about a lady who eats clay powder.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =tYPWfcdblR0XX
She is so enthusiastic over the powder. I wonder if she knows about chunks? She'd probably go crazy over chunks, lol!
There is a therapist talking about how the clay can just settle and get stuck in your stomach...any thoughts on that anybody?
They are really making her feel bad about eating clay, don't you wish all clay eaters that are knowledgeable about eating clay could go and explain that certain types of clay are actually good for you when eaten in moderation? and i don't know if its just me, but if that's the amount of clay she eats per year, then i think she is eating in moderation... because i don't think that is a lot, actually i think i eat way more than that per year.
Indian Chalkie

Delhi, India

#4682 Mar 8, 2013
mahi wrote:
Hey Indians....
i am indian too....have u people ever tried those tiny stones/pebbless which are mixed with pulses n rice in order adultrate it....!!!
if u havnt then must give it try..!! iy tastes really gud.....if u buy chana from a kriyane ki dukaan....then u can easily find those peblbles in chanas..!!they are salty n yummmm...!!!!!
Mahi... clay is way better, Please be careful as what you're talking of ingesting is pure stones which can cause way more trouble that the odd stomach pain or constipation. Please stick to chalk or clay.
Indian Chalkie

Delhi, India

#4683 Mar 8, 2013
odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi,
Am a bit concerned about buying clay / or its replacement from paint shops. Paint has been known to contain lead. Lets be very careful where we can ... Otherwise lead poisoning is very real
Odowa lover, what you mention about Lead poisoning is very true but the kadi sold in paint shops has no paint in it whatsoever. It is used by the guys who paint to maybe draw lines on the walls as a marker. I'm so glad the way everyone looks out for the others in the forum. Cheers to this one big clay loving family !!
Indian Chalkie

Delhi, India

#4684 Mar 8, 2013
Rinkie/Mahi/Ati,

Please share how you prefer your multani mitti. Since I dont have access to chunks, I mix the powder with some water to make a paste and then spread it out on a plate in the sun.Similar to haitian mud cake shapes. It gets crunchy and deeeeeelicious after it gets dry !! You should try this. The smoother the mitti, the lesser grit it has...the better the taste.
clay junkie

Pearl, MS

#4685 Mar 8, 2013
I might have to tweet Anderson Cooper and tell him that's not strange that's normal! Pica Rules!!! LOL!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'My 600-Lb. Life' takes viewers on 'Joe's Story... (Mar '15) Sep 8 wow 13
News Should food stamps be used to buy soda and cand... (Mar '17) Sep 8 banjojaque 4
News LipoLaser Procedure Not Necessarily a Quick Fix (Jul '10) Sep 7 Chicago Chiropractor 47
News Honey Boo Boo's diet now a serious study by uni... (Oct '12) Aug '17 Tex- 13
News Raising a vegan baby: Parents say abuse cases g... (Oct '16) Aug '17 Wee 2
News Free meals available to all Livingston Parish p... Jul '17 uchrisbrownq 1
News Defeat insomnia and sleep easy with these top f... (Oct '13) Jul '17 socialchris 7
More from around the web