Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9224 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Since: Oct 12

Leicester, UK

#4645 Mar 7, 2013
crave dirt wrote:
@ ODOWA LOVER, maybe you can have them bring you a lot of nakumatt, and you can start selling them throug pay pal. you can get a business started like that. I know i would buy some, and also see if you can get odowa too. i guarantee you lots of people on htis forum, would be buying from you. i know i would. lol. maybe you can pay her back.
also some people who does not comment on the forum also visit this site, i know that for a fact, and they could buy from you too.
just a thought!
At crave dirt , your idea is good but am yet to find someone who would accept to carry that much clay in their luggage ... Plus I think I cannot sustain a clay selling business at this point of my life...
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

#4646 Mar 7, 2013
Kadhi is used villege school writing to the black board but that is used the wall before painting fill the cracks
itsblokingme

Kennesaw, GA

#4647 Mar 7, 2013
mary tyler

Atlanta, GA

#4648 Mar 7, 2013
crave dirt wrote:
@mavu seller, keep on keeping us inform of the clay you will have available and let us know when they become available. I know according to previous posts, there was some concerns about customer services, and the timing of receiving clays, that's ordered. I hope that has improved.
I know mine took about 1 month to get to me, in the US, TOO LONG! the clay was nice, that's for sure. the only thing is the clay only had 4 to 5 chunks of clay, the rest was all powdered. Estimate will be 50g of chuncks and 150 of powder, which i dont think is fair. THAT IS WRONG, AND NOT GOOD SERVICE! I think if you are selling chunks it should be just chunks, and of course you can have a little powdered, that's normal. because i ordered from the ladies on the forum, like soulsista, which is also in the uk, wanda and leslie, tropical food inc, global foods, and mutt and jeffs, all their clays was nicely chunked, and of course, a little powder in the bottom of the package. lol
I dont think the clay get crushed in the mail, while beeing shipped, because soul sista clay is also shipped from international and is not crushed, when it gets to the US. I just think that is how you sell it, a little bit of chunk and lots of powder. i think previous posts, have also stated that!
but please send your mavu as you states on the website, chunks, not powdered. because that is good customer service, deliver what you promised. just a thought!
I hope you are not upset at this, but do better to improve on that. after all customer service is about listening to your customers and make improvements, as needed.
your mavu is good, but too much powder.
@ CRAVE DIRT YOU ARE SO ON POINT .Dont promise what you cant delivery.
mary tyler

Atlanta, GA

#4649 Mar 7, 2013
@ crave clay I see you have place an order with Tropical & Global . I have order with Tropical before to $3.99 calabar / chalk.( taste like the Ghana clay freshly dugged unmolded clay). I havent order with Global Markey yet but I sure want to . Did you ordered the $6.99 nzu ? If so plz tell me how does it taste and was it fresh?
mary tyler

Atlanta, GA

#4650 Mar 7, 2013
crave dirt wrote:
i did, it's telling me to bid higher! the ghana clay you got this time, is it form soul sister or ebay ghana clay? im still waiting on mine to come!
Crave Dirt did you win the bid on ebay for the Ghana Clay ?
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#4652 Mar 7, 2013
odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
I can get odowa from kenya whenever relatives or friends who are non judgemental visit ... Sometimes odowa can be dissappointing , it may not have the actual earthy taste... Other times its superb. I have a friend coming over on the 14th and she promised me some nakumatt clay .. If you live in the uk I could share ... I find nakumatt clay safer to eat coz the taste does not vary much ...
That's why I'm reluctant to order clay online, because it's expensive with shipping and import duty and takes a while to arrive so I don't want to be disappointed in any way. I know that clay can vary, so it would be great to find a good source like Nakumatt where it's earthy and the taste doesn't vary much.

I hope Mavu Seller can get her hands on some Nakumatt by the time I visit the UK. I also hope she gets the message re. the powder and again starts sending nice chunks of her regular clay. I've ordered from her before when I was visiting the UK, and got some nice chunks then.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#4653 Mar 7, 2013
Hi MavuSeller, just read your message above.

Some people would have gone on the defensive, so it's nice to see that you genuinely want to improve your service and take on board the comments made.

Hope you can get your hands on that Nakumatt, and/or some other good natural (not molded) clay!

Really appreciate your efforts.
crave dirt

North Miami Beach, FL

#4654 Mar 7, 2013
@mary tyler, regarding the clay that I order from Global market, I dont know if there is such a thing as old dirt, cause dirt is dirt! Dirt has been here long before us. However, if there was such a thing as old dirt ,the clay from Global market would be it. LOL! it was old, it was gritty, and salty and a little earthy.

As a matter of fact it tasted like 100 years old! Seriously! i did not like it at all, i would not be ordering again, that is for sure.

Regarding the bid for the ghana clay on e bay, i did not order, i dont think i will. i dont like the idea on placing bid on clay and wait till they accept my bid and then tell me that i can purchase once my bid is accepted. that is too crazy.

i rather deal with the people on the forum, and other sources.

Why on earth would i be bidding on clay! P LEASE
crave dirt

North Miami Beach, FL

#4655 Mar 7, 2013
@ mavu seller, Im glad you understand and will improve. that is great. I do believe you can do better too, as you are trying your best to find different clay sources.

just let us know when the clays are in stock

thanks for not taking it personal
crave dirt

North Miami Beach, FL

#4656 Mar 7, 2013
@mavu seller, we're clay friends, and let's just clay-hug and enjoy your day!

clay hug for all the clay people on the forum! that is my new term, clay hug! LOL
clay junkie

Pearl, MS

#4657 Mar 7, 2013
Ordered red clay from Leslie! Should get it by the weekend! All I can say is pica don't fell me now! I really hope its what I've been craving!
clay junkie

Pearl, MS

#4658 Mar 7, 2013
crave dirt wrote:
@mavu seller, we're clay friends, and let's just clay-hug and enjoy your day!
clay hug for all the clay people on the forum! that is my new term, clay hug! LOL
@ crave dirt I'm in!!!!!!
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#4659 Mar 7, 2013
clay junkie wrote:
Ordered red clay from Leslie! Should get it by the weekend! All I can say is pica don't fell me now! I really hope its what I've been craving!
Can you please let us know how you like it as soon as you get it?

Thanks.
clay junkie

Pearl, MS

#4660 Mar 7, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you please let us know how you like it as soon as you get it?
Thanks.
@ All things clay! I will
shadae

United States

#4661 Mar 7, 2013
I just love white dirt I have always had this thing where I just love the taste of dry, earthy things. I used to eat dirt straight off the ground when I was younger because of that earthy taste but since that wasn't good for me I fell in love with the smell of dust on a nice dry day until I came across white dirt and that became my thing. I have tried all kinds of it (red, gray with yellow n red specks) I just fell in love with it but it's bad because it lowers the iron in your blood and in turn makes you anemic how do I get rid of the craving/taste?
Mz libra

Chesapeake, OH

#4662 Mar 7, 2013
I finished my two pounds of white dirt from Leslie. I enjoyed it very much. Tuesday I bought a box of cornstarch and needless to say the box is half gone. I enjoy both of them the same. I just saw a new video on YT with a young lady eating argo cornstarch. Biting into my white dirt and getting that sour taste along with the creamy texture was so wonderful. Time to order again so, I can have two of my pica favorites!!!!
mary tyler

Arlington, TX

#4663 Mar 7, 2013
crave dirt wrote:
@mary tyler, regarding the clay that I order from Global market, I dont know if there is such a thing as old dirt, cause dirt is dirt! Dirt has been here long before us. However, if there was such a thing as old dirt ,the clay from Global market would be it. LOL! it was old, it was gritty, and salty and a little earthy.
As a matter of fact it tasted like 100 years old! Seriously! i did not like it at all, i would not be ordering again, that is for sure.
Regarding the bid for the ghana clay on e bay, i did not order, i dont think i will. i dont like the idea on placing bid on clay and wait till they accept my bid and then tell me that i can purchase once my bid is accepted. that is too crazy.
i rather deal with the people on the forum, and other sources.
Why on earth would i be bidding on clay! P LEASE
@ crave dirt Lol 100 years old .Now that old dirt ebay did you think about Tropical Market? You can Pau straight out now with out bidding.
mary tyler

Arlington, TX

#4664 Mar 7, 2013
Purchase !typo
dirtnclay

London, UK

#4665 Mar 7, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
I finished my two pounds of white dirt from Leslie. I enjoyed it very much. Tuesday I bought a box of cornstarch and needless to say the box is half gone. I enjoy both of them the same. I just saw a new video on YT with a young lady eating argo cornstarch. Biting into my white dirt and getting that sour taste along with the creamy texture was so wonderful. Time to order again so, I can have two of my pica favorites!!!!
So glad to hear you've found the clay and starch that do it for you. And that they are so accessible. Not fair! Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Puppy Pals Ranch Announces a Special 'Long Term... (May '08) Dec 5 St Francis 11
News Federal subsidy failing to keep northern food h... Dec 4 yet 1
News 'My 600-Lb. Life' takes viewers on 'Joe's Story... (Mar '15) Dec 1 TipsyFromCentralC... 11
News Gene mutation appears to increase risk of Parki... Nov 28 Stephany McDowell 1
News British Medical Journal piece says evidence doe... Nov 26 VitaminD 1
News Pig behaviour, human nutrition experts take sta... Nov 17 scared yet 1
News Turmeric lowered high blood pressure (Feb '09) Nov 13 CoolGuy 46
More from around the web