Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,940
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Read more

Since: Oct 12

Andover, UK

#4621 Mar 7, 2013
indian Chalkie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rinkie/royal,
Which paint shops is Kadhi available in ? And what name is it referred to as, Kadi or something else ? Does anyone know what purpose it is used for ? I mean just to check
Hi,
Am a bit concerned about buying clay / or its replacement from paint shops. Paint has been known to contain lead. Lets be very careful where we can ... Otherwise lead poisoning is very real
mahi

New Delhi, India

#4622 Mar 7, 2013
Hey Indians....
i am indian too....have u people ever tried those tiny stones/pebbless which are mixed with pulses n rice in order adultrate it....!!!
if u havnt then must give it try..!! iy tastes really gud.....if u buy chana from a kriyane ki dukaan....then u can easily find those peblbles in chanas..!!they are salty n yummmm...!!!!!
royal

Hyderabad, India

#4623 Mar 7, 2013
Indian Chalkie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Meh...Will try to check the super markets but I'm pretty sure no one stocks Multani Mitti chunks, They all sell the packaged powdered form :0( It would be great if I could lay my hands on some chunks... And for everyone who's been wanting to see what kadi is...It looks exactly like the white dirt. It might even be the same thing...lol
"Indian Chalkie" i am talking about the same kadi which you told. i will stay in secunderbad. i konw where kadi is sold it is white in color and it is also been available near to old city areas like charminar.if you want to see the kadi give me you contact so that i will meet you personally and will show you bcoz i too stay in secunderbad
crave dirt

Miami, FL

#4624 Mar 7, 2013
@mavu seller, keep on keeping us inform of the clay you will have available and let us know when they become available. I know according to previous posts, there was some concerns about customer services, and the timing of receiving clays, that's ordered. I hope that has improved.

I know mine took about 1 month to get to me, in the US, TOO LONG! the clay was nice, that's for sure. the only thing is the clay only had 4 to 5 chunks of clay, the rest was all powdered. Estimate will be 50g of chuncks and 150 of powder, which i dont think is fair. THAT IS WRONG, AND NOT GOOD SERVICE! I think if you are selling chunks it should be just chunks, and of course you can have a little powdered, that's normal. because i ordered from the ladies on the forum, like soulsista, which is also in the uk, wanda and leslie, tropical food inc, global foods, and mutt and jeffs, all their clays was nicely chunked, and of course, a little powder in the bottom of the package. lol

I dont think the clay get crushed in the mail, while beeing shipped, because soul sista clay is also shipped from international and is not crushed, when it gets to the US. I just think that is how you sell it, a little bit of chunk and lots of powder. i think previous posts, have also stated that!

but please send your mavu as you states on the website, chunks, not powdered. because that is good customer service, deliver what you promised. just a thought!

I hope you are not upset at this, but do better to improve on that. after all customer service is about listening to your customers and make improvements, as needed.

your mavu is good, but too much powder.
ati

London, UK

#4625 Mar 7, 2013
hyy mitti eaters
ati

London, UK

#4626 Mar 7, 2013
i love multani mitti
ati

London, UK

#4627 Mar 7, 2013
plz share urs experience
ati

London, UK

#4628 Mar 7, 2013
Madhuri wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello,
I'm from Pune and I love Bhaajki Maati. Can you send me some from India
as I'm really craving it here in the US. Tell me how much it costs to
ship it here. U can email me on madhuri180777@yahoo.com
hey madhuri u eat mitti

Andover, UK

#4629 Mar 7, 2013
crave dirt wrote:
@mavu seller, keep on keeping us inform of the clay you will have available and let us know when they become available. I know according to previous posts, there was some concerns about customer services, and the timing of receiving clays, that's ordered. I hope that has improved.
I know mine took about 1 month to get to me, in the US, TOO LONG! the clay was nice, that's for sure. the only thing is the clay only had 4 to 5 chunks of clay, the rest was all powdered. Estimate will be 50g of chuncks and 150 of powder, which i dont think is fair. THAT IS WRONG, AND NOT GOOD SERVICE! I think if you are selling chunks it should be just chunks, and of course you can have a little powdered, that's normal. because i ordered from the ladies on the forum, like soulsista, which is also in the uk, wanda and leslie, tropical food inc, global foods, and mutt and jeffs, all their clays was nicely chunked, and of course, a little powder in the bottom of the package. lol
I dont think the clay get crushed in the mail, while beeing shipped, because soul sista clay is also shipped from international and is not crushed, when it gets to the US. I just think that is how you sell it, a little bit of chunk and lots of powder. i think previous posts, have also stated that!
but please send your mavu as you states on the website, chunks, not powdered. because that is good customer service, deliver what you promised. just a thought!
I hope you are not upset at this, but do better to improve on that. after all customer service is about listening to your customers and make improvements, as needed.
your mavu is good, but too much powder.
I totally agree with you crave dirt , my last order from her and I live in the uk was more powder than chunks ... I swore not to buy from her again even though I did like the taste of red clay ...I live in the uk so I did not understand how it got crushed... Anyway lets see how it goes . Might change my mind if I hear positive reports from others.
crave dirt

Miami, FL

#4630 Mar 7, 2013
@ odowa lover. I know, I had not order since, either, because of too much powder. because i like chunks, not powder. which is why i order chunks. hopefully if it gets better, i will order again, because like you i did enjoy the mavu. but too much powdered. i estimated the clay that i got to be 50g of chunks and 150 of powder. wayyyy too much, powder.
ati

London, UK

#4631 Mar 7, 2013
odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with you crave dirt , my last order from her and I live
in the uk was more powder than chunks ... I swore not to buy from her
again even though I did like the taste of red clay ...I live in the uk
so I did not understand how it got crushed... Anyway lets see how it
goes . Might change my mind if I hear positive reports from
others.
hy u try multani mitti:-(?
crave dirt

Miami, FL

#4632 Mar 7, 2013
@ odowa lover, by the way, since you are in the uk, can you get odowa where you at? cause wahu still do not have any. and i would love to have me some. lol
ati

London, UK

#4633 Mar 7, 2013
crave dirt wrote:
@ odowa lover, by the way, since you are in the uk,
can you get odowa where you at? cause wahu still do not have any. and i
would love to have me some. lol
hi u try indian fuller earth ?
ati

London, UK

#4634 Mar 7, 2013
mahi wrote:
N yeah i too feel awkward...when i have to go to same shop
twice or thrice a month for multani mitti....n the lol factor is that
the shopkeeper n his wife have asked me many times what i do with this
mitti...i tell them that i use it as face mask...!!:-P :-D ;)
hii also lov to eat multani mitti:-P
ati

London, UK

#4635 Mar 7, 2013
mahi wrote:
<quoted text>
hey wat do u tell the shopkeeper....usse kya kehte ho ?!i mean sidha ye kehte ho kya ki kadhi mitti de do....?!!
cAn u tell me what is kadhi mitti:-|

Andover, UK

#4636 Mar 7, 2013
crave dirt wrote:
@ odowa lover, by the way, since you are in the uk, can you get odowa where you at? cause wahu still do not have any. and i would love to have me some. lol
I can get odowa from kenya whenever relatives or friends who are non judgemental visit ... Sometimes odowa can be dissappointing , it may not have the actual earthy taste... Other times its superb. I have a friend coming over on the 14th and she promised me some nakumatt clay .. If you live in the uk I could share ... I find nakumatt clay safer to eat coz the taste does not vary much ...
crave dirt

Miami, FL

#4638 Mar 7, 2013
@ ODOWA LOVER, maybe you can have them bring you a lot of nakumatt, and you can start selling them throug pay pal. you can get a business started like that. I know i would buy some, and also see if you can get odowa too. i guarantee you lots of people on htis forum, would be buying from you. i know i would. lol. maybe you can pay her back.
also some people who does not comment on the forum also visit this site, i know that for a fact, and they could buy from you too.

just a thought!
ccx

Acworth, GA

#4641 Mar 7, 2013
Fffgu
clay diva

United States

#4642 Mar 7, 2013
odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
I can get odowa from kenya whenever relatives or friends who are non judgemental visit ... Sometimes odowa can be dissappointing , it may not have the actual earthy taste... Other times its superb. I have a friend coming over on the 14th and she promised me some nakumatt clay .. If you live in the uk I could share ... I find nakumatt clay safer to eat coz the taste does not vary much ...
@ odowa lover you said nakumatt clay is safer to eat meaning the others clay is safe to eat !

Andover, UK

#4643 Mar 7, 2013
clay diva wrote:
<quoted text> @ odowa lover you said nakumatt clay is safer to eat meaning the others clay is safe to eat !
Hi clay diva, I did not mean the other clays are unsafe ... What's important for me with clay is the earthy taste. Sometimes odowa may not have the earthy taste but nakumatt clay the taste is uniform and I never get any surprises .. It always tastes the same ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'My 600-Lb. Life' takes viewers on 'Joe's Story... 43 min buffygirlky 2
News Northeast, Blue Cross team up for 'fitNEss' 12 hr Why teach 1
News States to test ways to send food stamp recipien... Mar 26 Sneaky Pete 9
Should Nutrition class be taught in schools? Mar 20 hmsmith 1
News Female and losing your hair? Don't worry h- her... Mar 17 Chispita13 1
News Women Across The World Are Suffering From Baldn... Mar 17 Chispita13 1
News Influence Game: Meat industry fights new dietar... Mar 15 goonsquad 7
More from around the web