Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,273
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
mary tyler

Houston, TX

#4500 Mar 3, 2013
Yeah yeah my ghana clay is here

!
Ackee

Bronx, NY

#4501 Mar 3, 2013
I was looking at the Ghana clay on Ebay it looks real good. it looks just like the one in the video on youtube. It looks like the real deal.It is quite interesting that since I have been on this forum we have been having access to a variety of clay.
Ackee

Bronx, NY

#4502 Mar 3, 2013
clay for ever wrote:
Were in Houston can I find nzu or Ghana egg shape clay?
You might have to go on Ebay and get it.
Ackee

Bronx, NY

#4503 Mar 3, 2013
mary tyler wrote:
!
Is that the one on Ebay.
dirtnclay

UK

#4504 Mar 3, 2013
can someone please post the working ghana clay ebay link??
love clay

Salisbury, MD

#4506 Mar 3, 2013
@dirtnclay,I located the clay on ebay by typing in ghana clay and it came right up.
love clay

Salisbury, MD

#4507 Mar 3, 2013
@mary tyler,I am so happy your clay came enjoy!
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#4508 Mar 3, 2013
love clay wrote:
@dirtnclay,I located the clay on ebay by typing in ghana clay and it came right up.
It's strange, that it works for some people and not others, but I couldn't find it that way either - I only found it by doing a googlesearch for "visionimpactsales" because I remember somebody had posted that was the name of the seller.

I have a question that I asked before that I don't think anybody answered. I was wondering why some people pound and mould clay into shapes, instead of just eating it in natural chunks. Is it just for uniformity, or to make it easier to eat? Or some other reason?

Anybody know?

ackee

Bronx, NY

#4509 Mar 3, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It's strange, that it works for some people and not others, but I couldn't find it that way either - I only found it by doing a googlesearch for "visionimpactsales" because I remember somebody had posted that was the name of the seller.
I have a question that I asked before that I don't think anybody answered. I was wondering why some people pound and mould clay into shapes, instead of just eating it in natural chunks. Is it just for uniformity, or to make it easier to eat? Or some other reason?
Anybody know?
maybe it is more discreet or maybe more appealing to the eyes or the people buying it. maybe easier to carry around and just pop it into the mouth.
Alabama Red

United States

#4510 Mar 3, 2013
mary tyler wrote:
!
I can't wait to get mine. Hopefully it will arrive by the end of this week or early next week. Enjoy!!!
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

#4511 Mar 4, 2013
I eat a lot of slate pencilwhen ilive in gwalior there r found a slate pencil easily now in any stationary shop i crave this is sooooo good ,earthy crunchy but this is vey harm ful this may got a kidney stone so i stop this when i eat multani mitti this clay is not harm ful but u drink a lot of water
mary tyler

Silsbee, TX

#4512 Mar 4, 2013
Alabama Red wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't wait to get mine. Hopefully it will arrive by the end of this week or early next week. Enjoy!!!
Thanks Alabama Red I bake them a little and put them in a brown paper bag to keep the earthy taste.
Clayer 2

Johannesburg, South Africa

#4513 Mar 4, 2013
SA ex eater wrote:
<quoted text> i am in johannesburg,the red clay is mostly in pretoria...i havnt seen any in jozi ,only the white and brownish ones....i have only tasted the brown ones..how does the white clay tastes? Anyway i realy dont want to go back to eating it but i surely craves it n highly tempted... God bless me....
Hi SA ex eater- where in Pretoria do you get the red clay. i would also like to try it.
mitchelle

Johannesburg, South Africa

#4514 Mar 4, 2013
I used to eat soil from an early age, I ate it even more when I was pregnant, but during my last pregnancy the craving just disappeard without any medication, doctors says is due to lack of iron. and now again I crave it so bad I ended buying because sometimes i'd lick myself when I crave it. its totally bad and I wanna stop.
zaheera

UK

#4515 Mar 4, 2013
Mine Ghana eggs too arrived today ...glad they are nice ..thank you soulsista...

“www.mavu.bigcart el.com”

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#4516 Mar 4, 2013
Hi Ladies!

Another announcement!

My supplier has managed to find me some white clay from Tanzania similar to the ghana shaped clay. Totally unexpected!

http://mavu.bigcartel.com/product/tanzania-wh...

Apparently it's a cross between white dirt and ghana clay but I personally haven't tried it yet. But yes of course it will be on the menu soon. Just love how the choice in clay is expanding! Such a leap from two years ago when there was pretty much nothing right!?

Please keep the 'I WANT IN' emails coming through if you haven't done so yet. Trust me when I say you don't want to miss out.:)

http://mavu.bigcartel.com/contact

Have a nice day!
SA ex eater

Ashburn, VA

#4517 Mar 4, 2013
Clayer 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi SA ex eater- where in Pretoria do you get the red clay. i would also like to try it.
mostly in the streets.....der isnt a specific place but in town.it is displayed where they sell sweets,fruits and ada staff...gudluck
SA ex eater

Ashburn, VA

#4518 Mar 4, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had regular access to good clay I never would have started eating corn starch and I don't recommend it. Yes it tastes good, but I would take a good clay over starch any day. I found corn starch to be very addictive, and I know I'm far from the only one who feels that way. For too long I ate far too much and never did like the idea of eating all that processed corn but did it anyway.
I know that corn starch can mess with going to the bathroom, but from reading other forums I know that some people have suffered other bad effects that they think were from the starch. I suggest that if you really want to try it you read up on it yourself and then decide.
I don't know whether or not they sell it in SA, but just to let you know in my travels I have seen and bought products called 'corn flour' which is the same thing.
thank you soo much for the information...i might as well quit because i thought it was better than clay when it comes to health...i thought peolpe dont like it because it makes them fat so i wanted to replace clay n eat cornstarch to manage the cravings.anyway i wil be better off without both...
dirtnclay

UK

#4519 Mar 4, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
Hi Ladies!
Another announcement!
My supplier has managed to find me some white clay from Tanzania similar to the ghana shaped clay. Totally unexpected!
http://mavu.bigcartel.com/product/tanzania-wh...
Apparently it's a cross between white dirt and ghana clay but I personally haven't tried it yet. But yes of course it will be on the menu soon. Just love how the choice in clay is expanding! Such a leap from two years ago when there was pretty much nothing right!?
Please keep the 'I WANT IN' emails coming through if you haven't done so yet. Trust me when I say you don't want to miss out.:)
http://mavu.bigcartel.com/contact
Have a nice day!
Looking good Mavu!! Can't wait till you reopen.
StraightShooter

Pretoria, South Africa

#4520 Mar 4, 2013
@MAVU....Hey Mavu,Did you receive your white dirt from Lesile,If so How was it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dietitian's online chat takes in weight loss, c... (Mar '11) 1 hr Lauren123 63
When talking about body size, African-American ... Sep 12 Rock 9
Black Women's Ideas Of Fat Far From Doctors'; M... Sep 12 BWEFocused 20
Organization to only prep Black children for su... Sep 9 LION 9
Fat Loss Factor Review: Does Dr. Charles Living... (Jul '12) Sep 9 Lena 70
Turmeric lowered high blood pressure (Feb '09) Sep 4 Jersonel 41
Mississippi remains most obese state, CDC reports (Jul '08) Sep 4 Watsa Mattau 3
•••

Nutrition People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••