Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9270 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

#4563 Mar 6, 2013
I love thr taste of multani chunks this is avaivalable easily in departmentel store
royal

Hyderabad, India

#4564 Mar 6, 2013
Indian Chalkie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure if the stones you are referring to are similar to kaolin, Its called kadi and I guess they are available easily in the older part of hyderabad but I live in the secunderabad area and dont get it here :( will try to go over sometime or persuade someone to get me some. I dont like it if the clay tastes sour..I prefer it having the same earthy chalky taste of say..slate pencils or multani...Btw does anyone know where to fetch multani mitti chunks from ?? I would love to try some. You only get it in powdered packets sold as beauty products so gotta make do with that.
Indian Chalkie hi i too live in secunderabad but i know where kadi is sold . i enojoy eating kadi i like it very much if you want give me your mail id i will contact
Soul Sista

Manchester, UK

#4565 Mar 6, 2013
zaheera wrote:
<quoted text> they are good earthy and creamy but there is lot of smoky taste in it...but I miss the Indian roasted clay no competition with that....
@Zaheera.... some of the clay comes unsmoked so does not have the smoky taste to it. If I get some of that in stock I will send you a sample.
Soul Sista

Manchester, UK

#4566 Mar 6, 2013
mary tyler wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks @All things Clay yes i think it could be with this new batch i receive maybe something in it isnt ageeeing with my ststem this time.
@Mary, I think you are eating too much clay and not drinking enough water. You have that reaction with all clays if you do not take in enough water as well you will have constipation or hard stools. You need to find a way of purging your system. Benadyrl will help with the itching and clear the skin. Please will yourself to drink loads of water and add some fiber to your diet. I have realised that weetabix and spinach help a lot in this regard but you really do need to drink loads of water. Good luck and hope you're all cleared soon.
zaheera

Paisley, UK

#4567 Mar 6, 2013
Soul Sista wrote:
<quoted text>
@Zaheera.... some of the clay comes unsmoked so does not have the smoky taste to it. If I get some of that in stock I will send you a sample.
thanks ...if you get some other variety do let me know...
zaheera

Paisley, UK

#4568 Mar 6, 2013
royal wrote:
<quoted text>
Indian Chalkie hi i too live in secunderabad but i know where kadi is sold . i enojoy eating kadi i like it very much if you want give me your mail id i will contact
if you could post the image it will be great...

Since: Jan 13

Dallas, TX

#4569 Mar 6, 2013
has anyone tried the redclay from Leslie....
Love Clay

Eden, MD

#4570 Mar 6, 2013
Hi everyone,check out Leslie website I think she has red dirt available.
dirtnclay

London, UK

#4571 Mar 6, 2013
That red clay looks real sandy and rough. Like it will have a lot of grit in it. Anyone tried it??

Since: Jan 13

Dallas, TX

#4572 Mar 6, 2013
Hmmm I neverhad redclay.
mary tyler

Arlington, TX

#4573 Mar 6, 2013
@ Soul Sista I drink 1 glass of water to every 2-3 egg shape clay but I will increase . No constipation yet every thing good on that part.Lol I am indeed cutting back i have only ate 7 for today ..I leave them home while Im working so i wont eat ...@ dirtyclay did you see the photo of were Leslie dugged the red clay from ? Its. Looks like it in a dessert clay ( earthy). Well If you order plz let me know If Its sandy or gritty.
seema

San Francisco, CA

#4574 Mar 6, 2013
royal wrote:
<quoted text>
can u please send pictures of khadi. we can all buy from you. my email emmactivegal@hotmail.com
OMG-ME TOO

Roseville, MI

#4575 Mar 6, 2013
As a young child I have eaten unused sidewalk chalk, according to my mother, but I never believed it. Is there a special name for eating chalk?
cornstrach eater

Woodbridge, VA

#4579 Mar 6, 2013
Leslie wrote:
Eating dirt, then, rather than being abnormal, may be an evolutionary adaptation acquired over millennia of productive and not-so-productive interactions with bacteria—an adaptation that enhances fetal immunity and increases calcium, eliminates gastric upset, detoxifies some plant and animal toxins, and perhaps boosts mothers’ immunity at times when the hormones of pregnancy (13), factors produced by the fetus (14), changes in the complement system, replacement of MHC class I antigens in the trophoblast (15), and who knows what else suppress the mother’s natural immunologic desire to destroy her fetus—a miracle, nearly.
http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/9/8/03-0033_...
Can u post your web site.
clay diva

Arlington, TX

#4580 Mar 6, 2013
Hi ladies I have a question concerning molded Ghana clay . Were does these little rock like pebbles come in with the molding of Ghana clay ? I seen on the video were water is only to the clay then mixed and shape .Soul Sista can you tell me what is added in the Ghana clay when being mix and molded?
clay diva

Arlington, TX

#4581 Mar 6, 2013
Mary clay eater wrote:
Thanks All Things Clay. I'm taking my iron tablets every and this has helped my crazy craving to come down abit. The clay I buy is from Togo and has neither stone nor sand in it. It's very smooth but crunchy and earthy as well. I was used to the Ghana clay before I found this Togo calaba. I will say I can't compare the two because the possibility of biting into small stones when chewing the Ghana clay is high. The Togo clay looks exactly like the Nakumatt clay. Its not moulded like ayilo,comes in small chunks and it's roasted. I would have loved to send you a sample to try but that woman wouldn't sell me because she thinks I consume too much. If it's possible you can ask of kalaba from Togo where you are and you wouldn't regret it. From what I have read so far in Internet clay from Nigeria and Cameroon contain lead and other harmful substances do I always try to avoid clay from those countries
M <quoted text>
Mary clay eater maybe you can Answer this were and why is these little stone added and mixed to the Ghana Clay? That the only thing I dislike about it is these little annoying stone like pebbles.I live in the Us and i would love to taste youll Nakumatt Clay do you know were I buy some here?
cornstrach eater

Woodbridge, VA

#4583 Mar 6, 2013
Does anyone know leslie's website?
monica

Mathiston, MS

#4585 Mar 6, 2013
cornstrach eater wrote:
Does anyone know leslie's website?
you can email her at lesliecinga@yahoo.com
Alabama Red

Tucker, GA

#4586 Mar 6, 2013
Leslie wrote:
Hello Everybody
Check out Georgia White Dirt FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Georgia-White-...
Buy Georgia White Dirt
1 pd/16 0z bags
$5.00 per bag
Priority Shipping/Handling Prices USA:
Flat Rate Shipping Prices
Small Box - Holds up to 2 bags $5.35
Medium Box - Holds up to 15 bags $11.35
Handling=$3.00
Delivery: 2 - 3 business days
Priority Shipping/Handling Prices International:
Flat Rate Shipping Prices
Small Box - Holds up to 2 bags $16.95
Medium Box - Holds up to 15 bags $47.
Delivery: 6 - 10 business days

If you are interested, email me at LeslieCinGa@yahoo.com
I can only ship after payment is received.
Payment taken via Pay Pal (invoice sent to you via email).
Have a Great Day and Eat Clay!

Leslie
This is Leslie Facebook & email address
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#4590 Mar 6, 2013
Mary clay eater wrote:
Thanks All Things Clay. I'm taking my iron tablets every and this has helped my crazy craving to come down abit. The clay I buy is from Togo and has neither stone nor sand in it. It's very smooth but crunchy and earthy as well. I was used to the Ghana clay before I found this Togo calaba. I will say I can't compare the two because the possibility of biting into small stones when chewing the Ghana clay is high. The Togo clay looks exactly like the Nakumatt clay. Its not moulded like ayilo,comes in small chunks and it's roasted. I would have loved to send you a sample to try but that woman wouldn't sell me because she thinks I consume too much. If it's possible you can ask of kalaba from Togo where you are and you wouldn't regret it. From what I have read so far in Internet clay from Nigeria and Cameroon contain lead and other harmful substances do I always try to avoid clay from those countries
M <quoted text>
I love the sound of that clay! Unfortunately nobody sells clay chunks here, the only clay you can buy is clay powder.

Can't wait until I travel to try a variety of clays. Mavu Seller said she's on the lookout for that Nakumatt clay - it would be great if she could source some.

In the meantime I'm seriously thinking of ordering some clay from Leslie, especially since she has red clay in stock now and I've been wanting to try red.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White House mulls letting states require drug t... Tue Penguin 16
News Shamrocks program raises more than $100,000 for... Apr 16 Diane Boardman 1
News Honey Boo Boo's diet now a serious study by uni... (Oct '12) Apr 14 Anonymous 20
News B.C. man turns nerdy hobby into a million dolla... Apr 7 Teach 1
News Chocolate Day 2018: These Are the Chocolates Yo... Mar 23 Who needs chocolate 2
News USDA to Purchase Surplus Cheese for Food Banks ... (Aug '16) Mar 22 fogsweptglade 2
News Food list grows for WIC users (Oct '09) Mar '18 Miranda Jordan 49